Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   "Soccer" Brag (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=200928)

Boquense 09-01-2006 01:14 PM

Re: \"Soccer\" Brag

So why isn't FREEZE TAG more popular?

Correlation not = to Causation.

neverforgetlol 09-01-2006 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that's a logical fallacy moron, a lot of countries play it because they're poor and it's a cheap sport to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so true! We poor people of europe who love this game only do so because we have no money. If we were better off then we would all play basketball instead. And eat 17 big macs every day. And become obese. And speak louder in public. And wear baseball caps when we are old.

But because as a continent we are essentially destitute, there is nothing else for us other than warm ale, crumbling houses, bad teeth, and, thank God!, the beautiful game.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you deny the many third world countries that play soccer? oh rite i was talking about europe, wait, i never mentioned europe, ok moron. i'm talking about you know, latin and south america, certain areas of asia, africa, etc.

also europe is plenty obese.. remember you all have tons of american food brands? LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA. Just being able to use the words 'logical' and 'fallacy' next to each other does not mean you are smart. Your argument is stupid. If something is the most popular game in the world, is it not a logical certainty that SOME (and by no means all) of the people who play it are VERY LIKELY to be from third world countries. The fact that football is played in South America and Africa is a measure of its worldwide popularity as a sport, not it's financial viability. Aside from sports like cricket and golf, most games can be played on a shoestring budget with very little equipment. Football just happens to have a far wider global appeal than all 'American' games, for no more deep-rooted sociological reason in my opinion than it is, well, BETTER.

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but don't you think some of it's popularity is credited to the fact that it's easy to get into in the first place? you know, since it's cheap to play?

benjimo 09-01-2006 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that's a logical fallacy moron, a lot of countries play it because they're poor and it's a cheap sport to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so true! We poor people of europe who love this game only do so because we have no money. If we were better off then we would all play basketball instead. And eat 17 big macs every day. And become obese. And speak louder in public. And wear baseball caps when we are old.

But because as a continent we are essentially destitute, there is nothing else for us other than warm ale, crumbling houses, bad teeth, and, thank God!, the beautiful game.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you deny the many third world countries that play soccer? oh rite i was talking about europe, wait, i never mentioned europe, ok moron. i'm talking about you know, latin and south america, certain areas of asia, africa, etc.

also europe is plenty obese.. remember you all have tons of american food brands? LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA. Just being able to use the words 'logical' and 'fallacy' next to each other does not mean you are smart. Your argument is stupid. If something is the most popular game in the world, is it not a logical certainty that SOME (and by no means all) of the people who play it are VERY LIKELY to be from third world countries. The fact that football is played in South America and Africa is a measure of its worldwide popularity as a sport, not it's financial viability. Aside from sports like cricket and golf, most games can be played on a shoestring budget with very little equipment. Football just happens to have a far wider global appeal than all 'American' games, for no more deep-rooted sociological reason in my opinion than it is, well, BETTER.

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but don't you think some of it's popularity is credited to the fact that it's easy to get into in the first place? you know, since it's cheap to play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, that's a part of it. But I'm saying so are most sports when you come down to it. Baseball: stick, ball, couple of T-shirts. American football: ball (pref. funny shaped but not necessarily). Rugby: same as American football. Athletics: two legs. Basketball: bit trickier, but not like you have to erect the Eifel tower, just a ball sized hoop.........Yet none of these has taken the world by storm in anything like the way that football has.

mic_check12 09-01-2006 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those are seriously two sick signs. Just wonder what it will do to Benayoun's position in Westham.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would it affect Benayoun's position? Teves is a foward and Mascherano is a holding midfielder. Hayden Mullins should be most worried

Edited to add and Harewood/Zamora obv worried too

logistik 09-01-2006 01:50 PM

Soccer players are such nits

neverforgetlol 09-01-2006 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, that's a part of it. But I'm saying so are most sports when you come down to it. Baseball: stick, ball, couple of T-shirts. American football: ball (pref. funny shaped but not necessarily). Rugby: same as American football. Athletics: two legs. Basketball: bit trickier, but not like you have to erect the Eifel tower, just a ball sized hoop.........Yet none of these has taken the world by storm in anything like the way that football has.

[/ QUOTE ]

american football is cheap to play? seriously? and baseball is pretty popular in other areas like south america and asia.

Dan Bitel 09-01-2006 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
paul,

I'm happy making bets, but I'm pretty realistic, and I know that you're obv the favourites to finish avout us. If you give me sweet enough odds though, I'd be happy to bet.

At the moment, I've only got liverpool to not finish in teh top 2.

What odds would you give me that arsenal won't get in the top 4?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm I have no idea what would be realistic. You come up with something an I'll agree or not as the case may be.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

2:1 for my $100 and your $200 on westham finishing above arsenal?

Signing Baptista and especially gallas is really good for you though

Dan Bitel 09-01-2006 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Irons! Can't wait for us to dick Villa when they make their debuts. Got my tickets last week. We play the arse on 5th Nov, I've been to 9 west ham v arsenal games and not seen us win yet. This is the one!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to about 5 or so vs arsenal, most of then at the library. Never seen us win. Then the 1 year I don't go (last season) we won!

Also, I DID go to OT to see us beat Man U in the FA cup a few years back!

"Let's all do the Barthez"

neverforgetlol 09-01-2006 05:24 PM

i like a game where no one scores in 90 minutes and in the biggest event the results are decided by politics.