Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   $2k push-up Prop bet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=456433)

johnnyrocket 07-20-2007 10:03 PM

Re: $2k push-up Prop bet

no chance, i can do about 60 max out push ups and i dont think i could do it. You are going to go to hard to start and screw urself, ur best chance is to do 10 every 15 min at the beginning

TxRedMan 07-20-2007 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
apathy,
I made basically the same bet with durrr...first was 1000 pushups in 28 hrs after he had about 4 drinks for $500. Needless to say i won that bet. He also claims that he will get in amazing shape sometime soon so we bet $1000 that he can do 2000 pushups in 24 hrs by the end of this year. Im a huge nit and i jumped on this bet. I am counting my $$$ now.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you want to do something really tough, try bench pressing your body weight 300 times in one day.

i'd take the bet if i was given odds, but it would really suck the next day. either thousands of dollars lighter, or unable to move your arms and chest for who knows how long.

Apathy 07-20-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ROFL. I'm training for Navy and can do 90 pushups in 2 minutes. I still wouldn't take this bet. But if you have to, make sure you stretch and drink water. ALso, increase protein and pasta intake in small portions.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK Im still at 240 because I played a few hands of poker ( I won 2k and then quit [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). Im going to try the water + advils and pound some out. wish me luck

Viscant 07-20-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
apathy,
I made basically the same bet with durrr...first was 1000 pushups in 28 hrs after he had about 4 drinks for $500. Needless to say i won that bet. He also claims that he will get in amazing shape sometime soon so we bet $1000 that he can do 2000 pushups in 24 hrs by the end of this year. Im a huge nit and i jumped on this bet. I am counting my $$$ now.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you want to do something really tough, try bench pressing your body weight 300 times in one day.

i'd take the bet if i was given odds, but it would really suck the next day. either thousands of dollars lighter, or unable to move your arms and chest for who knows how long.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost positive I couldn't do the bench press thing and I have an advantage in that my fitness problem is that I'm too light. Heavier people are all kinds of screwed on that one. I wonder if people who aren't in great shape can actually do that.

But for the record, next day after this kind of a bet is awful. I'm not going to lie, I woke up, tried to brush my teeth and felt like crying a little bit.

surfdoc 07-20-2007 10:17 PM

free monies. sack up kid.

d0nkaments 07-20-2007 10:19 PM

this seems easy..

gotthenuts06 07-20-2007 10:20 PM

lol, u want an award?

StuckaRack 07-20-2007 10:25 PM

Heres what you do.

Phrase the bet like this.

Bet that you can do between 4 and 5 thousand pushups in 24 hours.

Do 5 pushups.

Win bet.

Pudge714 07-20-2007 10:26 PM

Usher/Durrr,
Congrats on winning free moniez. Send me a message on AIM and I will buy your action.
People who are saying this seems easy are probably in better shape than Apathy and 2k means a lot more to than than it does to Apathy.

apefish 07-20-2007 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I swam D1, worked out like a fiend and was in elite shape for years, and I'm not sure I would even touch this one during that time even though we did a lot of high rep work.
I think it's doable but I am pretty sure I wouldn't want to get out of bed for a few days afterwards.