Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Average SMP IQ. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552287)

chezlaw 11-23-2007 06:23 AM

Re: Average SMP IQ.

[ QUOTE ]
Two IQs I'd like to know:

Borodog: I'd put him at mid 130s.
Sklansky: Around the same.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
I used to catch the 167 bus home from school.

chez

Phil153 11-23-2007 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe poker players have higher Iqs on average to normal peeps.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not too sure. I make a poker product and you wouldn't believe the volume of retarded emails I get. I'd say 80% of users don't even understand the basic idea of EV, which really anyone playing poker should instantly grasp. I believe HUDs, formulaic play and chimp trainers like Sklansky and Miller are the reason most people win.

That said, 2+2 has the largest collection of very smart people on the internet imo, and the high stakes cash games are mostly where they congregate (with a nod to SMP).

chezlaw 11-23-2007 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its almost TOO easy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bible isn't a picture book.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now you're not seeing a pattern that is there [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Welcome back BTW

Subfallen 11-23-2007 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Two IQs I'd like to know:

Borodog: I'd put him at mid 130s.
Sklansky: Around the same.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Plz to order this list of 10 (presented as I would project the scores):

10. Borodog
9. madnak
8. <font color="red">David Sklanksy</font>
7. luckyme
6. Philo
5. durrr
4. Phil153
3. m_the0ry
2. Metric
1. TomCowley

jase 11-23-2007 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering, what made you deciede to join?

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] insecure (confidence issue at the time)
[ ] unable to find anything better to do with their brain than sit around talking about how great they were with other equally insecure and uninteresting people...

I've never attended any of the events. The published letters in the first copy of the Mensa magazine I received showed that there a bunch of people like the ones you talk about. Having said that, it takes about two minutes to find that this forum is not disimilar in many ways.

SNOWBALL 11-23-2007 10:37 AM

When I was 15 I returned to school after missing it for about 3 years and a school psychiatrist tested me. I got 127. I don't know what it would be now.

Phil153 11-23-2007 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I was 15 I returned to school after missing it for about 3 years and a school psychiatrist tested me. I got 127. I don't know what it would be now.

[/ QUOTE ]
story?

pokervintage 11-23-2007 10:54 AM

I don't know my IQ - probably medium to well done - but I do know that Sklansky's is somewhere over the rainbow.

pokervintage

Stu Pidasso 11-23-2007 11:03 AM

Mine is 80

Stu

<font color="white">Thats not really my IQ. I'm just trolling for idiots</font>

ChrisV 11-23-2007 12:01 PM

NotReady - why would you make an assertion like that with no evidence whatsoever?

Others - Agree Sklansky's IQ is 125-135. Ready to compare to actual tests.