Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Nick Hogan (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519856)

Edge34 10-11-2007 12:03 AM

Re: Nick Hogan

guidsisright

iplayscared 10-11-2007 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Apparently Nick Hogan's friend who was a passenger in his car when he wrecked it speeding will only be able to open and close his eyes at best for the rest of his life. Anybody else get tilted by this? I get mad enough when I see their stupid reality show on t.v., like I wanna watch some rich family live their lives so that I can make them richer. Who gives a fk? Then you have this little 17 yr. old racing around in his Toyota Supras slam into a palm tree and walk away unscathed while his ex-marine friend is completely paralyzed. Does this kid run good or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that is depressing

on a side not, i guess guids has life all figured out. gg

steggy 10-11-2007 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the difference here is that his parents encouraged the fact that he raced. They bought him lessons and let him join a league with a real race car. Yeah, most kids do stupid things and this sort of thing isn't rare at all, but did your parents know you were doing this type of crap? I know if I got a ticket for going 100 mph, my parents would have made me turn in my license. IMO it's totally reckless to give a 17 year old kid a [censored] Supra and let a kid drive a race car without having a zero tolerance policy on getting speeding tickets on the street.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly think thats good parenting, at least that part of it. If my friends parents would have encouraged my friends to take lessons, hammer home the point only do this stuff on a track etc, I think its better than the atitude most parents adopt of "we know whats going on, but we dont want to". I dont know exactly what his parents did or did not do, but this has nothing to do with being a celebrity, it has everything to do with being a 17 year old teenage punk. [censored] happens, but not because you guys are jealous of him being rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

From previous posts:

[ QUOTE ]
I read an interview where he was bragging that he got pulled over for speeding three times in one trip, each time going over 100 mph. He was like "the first two let me go because they knew who I was, but the third guy knew I had just been pulled over twice and finally said he had to give me a ticket!"

there was also a video of him peeling out down the street and dear old hulk-mom watches him and then turns to the camera like "oh well...boys will be boys."

[/ QUOTE ]

If any of these stories are true, and the parents knew about his speeding tickets on the street and witnessed him peeling out and doing stupid crap in a car because he thought it was funny, then it's definitely not good parenting to let him continue driving. It's clear that they weren't strict enough with him regarding his driving too fast outside of a racetrack. That's the whole problem I have with this whole thing. The fact that he is a celebrity or rich has nothing to do with it. You could see this one coming from a mile away.

It's like if I let my kid take shooting lessons and then found out he was shooting guns outside of a range in a neighborhood. If I said "boys will be boys" and one of his buddies who also likes playing with guns gets shot, would you think say [censored] happens or would you see it as negligence on my behalf?

99.9999% of 17 year olds are idiots by nature. Someone has to look out for them. I don't think his parents were. Do you think his parents will let him continue to drive fast cars and race? I do.

TheNoodleMan 10-11-2007 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lot of morons in this thread. This kind of thing happens all the time, just because he is rich, and in the limelight makes it no different from the XX amount of times this happens per day. The kid is 17 years old, which one of you self righteous douche bags are going to tell me you didn think you were invincible when you were that age? Its a [censored] situation, but open your eyes. When I was that age, I did that crap all the time, so do half of the kids in the US, its not like the guy was forced into that seat, people make choices, this was unfortunate for him in teh end, but dont tell me 99% of you idiots didnt have never done something this reckless and stupid when you were that young.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, were the morons. By any chance, are you from or do you live in NY?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are.