Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   This thread is a list of things bacon doesn't go well with (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508020)

Daddy Warbucks 09-25-2007 04:43 AM

Re: This thread is a list of things bacon doesn\'t go well with

[ QUOTE ]
bacon does not go well with vegetables

any kind

ever

[/ QUOTE ]

Steam peeled potatoes and turnip until soft. Mash together. Add butter/milk, salt and black pepper. Eat with bacon. It's really good.

nath 09-25-2007 04:53 AM

FYI, the Double Down Saloon in Las Vegas serves a bacon martini. Really.

99killed 09-25-2007 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
been there - awesome bar. across the street is the Office bar. very cool as well.

nath 09-25-2007 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
been there - awesome bar. across the street is the Office bar. very cool as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah i went both places a few times this summer.

AquaSwing 09-25-2007 11:16 AM

Anyone who thinks there is any food out there that bacon doesn't go well with doesn't undertand bacon.

balkii 09-25-2007 11:27 AM

you're wrong

I had a caramel bacon milkshake once. Chopped up real bacon and carmel mixed into a vanilla milkshake, with a single strip of caramel-coated bacon down the middle next to the straw. It was awesome.

IlliniLou 09-25-2007 11:43 AM

one day me and some buddies tried to prepare a food that bacon wouldnt go with. we had an ice cream maker and made some bacon flavored ice cream; needless to say, if they sold it in a store, it would replace chocolate chip as my favorite flavor.
We tried dipping bacon in peanut butter ala celery sticks, yup, still tasted good.
chocolate dipped bacon strips ... fantastic.
bacon in applesauce is fantastic too.
so yeah, everything goes well with it and was the greatest day of my life as that was the most bacon ive ever had in my life and would do it again anyday

Freakin 09-25-2007 02:50 PM

A friend of mine thought he could make a killing with Bacon-flavored cigarettes. I think he's absolutely right.

nath 09-25-2007 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one day me and some buddies tried to prepare a food that bacon wouldnt go with. we had an ice cream maker and made some bacon flavored ice cream; needless to say, if they sold it in a store, it would replace chocolate chip as my favorite flavor.
We tried dipping bacon in peanut butter ala celery sticks, yup, still tasted good.
chocolate dipped bacon strips ... fantastic.
bacon in applesauce is fantastic too.
so yeah, everything goes well with it and was the greatest day of my life as that was the most bacon ive ever had in my life and would do it again anyday

[/ QUOTE ]
omg this is amazing

two of my more culinary-minded friends and i talked about the possibility of making bacon-flavored ice cream but never really explored it

eviljeff 09-25-2007 03:44 PM

bacon and sour candy doesn't sound very good, but most of the things in this thread do