Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   STTF SNG->cash thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=309487)

blackize 01-19-2007 04:31 AM

Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...vc=#Post8825255

suzzer99 01-19-2007 02:06 PM

Btw - this came in from Raptor, I guess for a while you couldn't post last night so he PMed it to me:

i dno how 1-2 plays, prolly a lot nittier than some of the bigger games to be honest, more ppl in call down mode than raise, and when they raise they usually strong.. soo.. heres to helping suzzer..

hand 1: u have such a short stack, 74x or whatever, that after u bet turn u sure as hell cant consider folding. they could have a lot of things here, KQ type stuff, KT even, QJ, who knows. ur likely behind but after betting theres no way u can fold. checking turn and deciding is ok too, but i usually get it in no worries.

hand 2: limping is fine from sb, i dont mind it at all and i do it quite frequently against overagg ppl. flop bet is fine, check calling turn is fine, and bet FOLDING river is fine. tbh, i prolly lose more money than you do because i check river, he bets 20, and i make it 65 or so and fold to a shove. lead folding to a raise is ok too though. no worries.

hand 3: reraise amount is fine pf, flop bet is ok id go 22 ish probably. id either check shove turn or bet get it in on turn. probably bet get it in, thats usually a great card for your hand. as played, i dno fold river probably.

hand 4: CALL the flop. you are deep, you dont wanna stack off on this dry of a board. its really hard to get away from aces in this kidna spot in 1-2 because u never know if sum1 will instastack off with QT for 200x. call flop all day, make a raise on turn, and value bet river. as played, if u raise, and he reraises, you are in a terrible spot for someone to make a play on you, and u never have any idea where you are at in the hand. NL cash games, ESPECIALLY deep, are MUCH more about stack protection than hand protection. its a very key thing you must learn moving from tourneys to cash games.

hand 5: u got the button, deepish stacks for 1-2, and a pretty solid hand for deep stack in position. reraise pf to 20. other than that.. call the check raise on the flop, call the turn bet, then make a decision on river. most ppl will NOT follow thru on a 3 barrel in this type of situation, if they miss flush draw, KQ etc because it looks like u are never folding. call turn, make up ur mind on river folding 90% or hit a J or T and ship nuts get his stack.

hand 6:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preflop I hadn't raised in a while so I felt the need to maintain my laggy image.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear god please dont say things like that. the way you maintain a laggy image is by reraising pf instead of calling. not by raising very retardedly speculative hands utg. i much rather have u reraise a button raise to 6 from blinds u make it 20 with T2o than raise T2s utg here. other than that.. flop bet is fine i guess, calling the raise is not though. seeing that u got to the turn, id check shove which it looks like u were trying to do.. as far as river bet, its not bad at all AS LONG AS U CAN FOLD TO THE SHOVE. they are NEVER bluffing when they shove this river at 1-2. ever. bet folding is fine, and it is my preferred line.

most of these hands are pretty standard, it just takes a lot of practice and thought to get it all figured out. keep working on ur game, posting hands etc etc, im sure ull be raping in no time. holla

it wont let me frickin post this for some reason says form i have submitted is not valid. if u can, post this in a quote from me or something so everyone can see it or whatever. be like 'this is what raptor says hes too dumb to figure out how to post it' something like that. anyways, good luck with the NL cash, hope it goes well for you. -David

DevinLake 01-19-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it wont let me frickin post this for some reason says form i have submitted is not valid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Delete ur cookies.

suzzer99 01-19-2007 02:34 PM

I tried to post around the same time early this morning and got the same thing. Something was wrong with the site.

Mcot 01-19-2007 02:43 PM

start with the max, 100bbs, if you drop one cent below, reload to full. always when playing cash.

suzzer99 01-19-2007 02:51 PM

I've been told by lacky, and experience confirms this, that I'm a liability with too many BIs. He actually said I should buyin for the minimum, but I don't have the nerve.

DevinLake 01-19-2007 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
start with the max, 100bbs, if you drop one cent below, reload to full. always when playing cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not necessary, especially if you don't play well with a deeper stack. Coming from a sng background, we are very well suited for buying in short.

I've recently switch to FT, where it seems 90% of the players buy in real short. Thankfully, none of them know how to play the short stack. Someone that plays well with a short stack is very annoying.

wiggs73 01-19-2007 03:04 PM

Mcot,

Why?

Mcot 01-19-2007 05:19 PM

You buyin the full ammount so you can win the most ammount nif you have a big hand against an opp. who will stack off with garbage. If you are the one stacking off with garbage, perhaps read the short stack play section of NLHTAP.

Basically if you find yourself stacking off a lot with crap, buyin short, tighten way up and make it a preflop and flop game only.

Once you get skilled enough to recognize situations buyin full and maximize your profits.

Mcot 01-19-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is not necessary, especially if you don't play well with a deeper stack. Coming from a sng background, we are very well suited for buying in short.

I've recently switch to FT, where it seems 90% of the players buy in real short. Thankfully, none of them know how to play the short stack. Someone that plays well with a short stack is very annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Table selection is key. Find tables where there are donkeys with large stacks to take. Why sit and wait for a powerful hand to win 10bb when a donkey will stack off 100bb with the same hand.