Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530443)

RagzMaster 10-25-2007 11:12 PM

Re: Just got paid.

How about donating some of the money to absolutepokercheats.com, it would be nice to see Absolute paying for the site, instead of Josem. IMO

mntbikr15 10-25-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Absolute just paid me $$ for cash game losses to Doubledrag, Graycat, and Steamroller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same, got a lot. Adanthar and Nat...I want to donate 500 each to your favorite charities. Let me know what they are.

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.actionagainsthunger.org

Same goes for anyone else who wants to do the same. I'm sure the people on the other end would greatly appreciate it.

-Nat

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill take care of helping these guys out a bit

Josem 10-25-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about donating some of the money to absolutepokercheats.com, it would be nice to see Absolute paying for the site, instead of Josem. IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

While that is kind, that is not necessary.

It is hosted for free by Google; the domain registration costs $10/annum. There are no other costs involved in that.

mntbikr15 10-25-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Same goes for anyone else who wants to do the same. I'm sure the people on the other end would great appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

accion.org or Doctors Without Borders are both good

[/ QUOTE ]

Same for them

LuckyMux 10-25-2007 11:21 PM

Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

There could have been something in the original EULA (like, 'if something ever goes wrong, and you accept a refund, it will be full and final settlement...') but I couldn't see anything like that. Not sure it would be legal anyway - you generally can't sign away your rights.

Could depend on what they said in any email that accompanies a refund. Otherwise... can't see a problem. Without that declaration *somewhere*, it ain't full and final settlement. Damages, time, inconvenience, more damages - plenty for AP to think about yet.

In your shoes, refundees - I'd ask a lawyer.

RagzMaster 10-25-2007 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While that is kind, that is not necessary.

It is hosted for free by Google; the domain registration costs $10/annum. There are no other costs involved in that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if I ever get my $1 back from Popcorngate, I'd be happy to pitch in for a month. LOL

Josem 10-25-2007 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There could have been something in the original EULA...

Could depend on what they said in any email that accompanies a refund....

In your shoes, refundees - I'd ask a lawyer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that we should focus on being careful about things that AP have actually done, rather than creating fictitious EULAs, emails and other documents out of thin air.

You really should stop making stuff up.

Ps3tn0NcYk 10-25-2007 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The ignorance is emanating from your direction, my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand how some people don't like Ike, but this is just silly.

He received money; He was not asked to agree to anything - and somehow he's accused of being ignorant for sharing that?

wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignorant to the law, or legal theory.

A signed release is not always necessary in these cases. It may be implied.

AP notified players that they would receive a refund as consideration for AP violating their "fair play" policy.

Accepting the refund may be considered a binding agreement to indemnify Absolute from any future legal action.

Exchange the term "refund" for "settlement" and it should make more sense.

El_Hombre_Grande 10-25-2007 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The ignorance is emanating from your direction, my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand how some people don't like Ike, but this is just silly.

He received money; He was not asked to agree to anything - and somehow he's accused of being ignorant for sharing that?

wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

A signed release is not always necessary in these cases.

AP notified players that they would receive a refund as consideration for AP violating their "fair play" policy.

Accepting the refund may be considered a binding agreement to indemnify Absolute from any future legal action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, Oliver Wendell Holmes. Do you recommend they return the money?

Josem 10-25-2007 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A signed release is not always necessary in these cases. It may be implied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stubbornness, like swongs, is one thing, but this is a new low.

There is no court on earth that would construe this situation as you describe.

It is simply not credible to claim that giving someone money (without conditions, ffs!) is somehow going to limit the recipient's legal options down the track.

Using the word "may" does not change the fact that you are being stupid in this situation.