Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   weekday WW redux (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=102957)

traz 05-04-2006 05:17 PM

Re: weekday WW redux

24 pages of catchup, yay

Patton4 05-04-2006 05:24 PM

This is my problem with this game. I posted what I believe is a rational theory about Alex Levin and some sneaky wolf play, and it is acknowledged by a few people, but others seem to have not even paid any attention. What the hell is the point of trying to look into things if people aren't going to discuss it? The debates get controlled by one-liners and nonsense. Hopefully some of this noise is useful later. Whatever...

In the event that very few people looked into my Alex theory which I still think could be spot on, I say we have to go for a sure wolf kill today. I don't know how we can be so argumentative about this. Some people seem to want to kill Junkmail. I don't think it is correct. Some people think BobO. I happen to agree with them. Others say TheBram. He seems like he could be more of a wolf to me than Junkmail. No matter what, for the sake of killing a wolf today, we have to figure this out. I think we need to put all others aside for a second and get in depth here. We can't allow a late vote swing F us over.

For the time being, I'm staying with Alex, but unless something amazing pops up, I'm gonna vote BobO.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 05:26 PM

You do understand that content is frowned upon, right?

Patton4 05-04-2006 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

5. I'm unsure of Patton's theory on Alex. That seems like a pretty dumb strategy for the wolves to try, but... I'm leaning that Alex is okay, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is actually kind of smart, because it seems to go against a lot of what we consider to be wolf tendencies (stating what he obviously knows to be true [xorbie is a villager] and then killing that person). Alex was establishing who he knew to be villagers (once they were being threatened)as villagers, in order to gain confidence within the village (the Xorbie kill soldifies his plan). Now he has a free pass to kill some villagers, and maybe even sacrafice a fellow wolf to further his cause.

Now the only problem I see is would his fellow wolves allow him to do this? That is a problem, but I know BobO would let him do it.

Zurvan 05-04-2006 05:35 PM

Patton

If you think BobO is a wolf, vote for him now. See what happens. If you switch over, that leaves him 1 vote back of junkmail. If it then ties up, we'll see something interesting, IMO. Don't leave it until the last minute to switch over.

I don't think you're going to get anybody to join you on Alex just yet, even though I think it is a valid strategy. He's certainly smart enough to come up with it, and pull it off.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 05:36 PM

It's true - it's me or Bobo tonight, and that's a fact.

VoraciousReader 05-04-2006 05:46 PM

Patton, it is day 2. I don't think there can be a "sure wolf kill today". BobO sounds ridiculously suspicious...but he always does to me. So then I vote him, and he's a villager. I did hear he was a very sneaky wolf when he was a wolf. Is there anybody who played in that game that can shed some light here?

Junkmail sounds just like he did last game, as somebody pointed out...and he was a villager then. I think wdc is dead on and we likely have some villagers who will always sound like wolves.

And, here's the real irony. Now I see that people are voting thebram, and he has finally made a post with content in it (content aside from "VR is a wolf", that is). I still want to vote him, though.

I also have one other note. I reread the entire thread, not just today's posts, and there were a lot of people suspicious of Iron Yuppie yesterday. Then the bandwagon died and nobody has mentioned him since.

Through Patton's post:

[] [censored] votes VoraciousReader
[1] alex levin votes junkmail
[1] amplify votes junkmail
[4] bobojedafan votes kyro
[2] chuckles votes thebram
[0] durron votes junkmail
[] elevens votes thebram
[] fnord votes amplify
[] iron yuppie
[6] junkmail votes Bobo
[1] kyro votes bobo
[] madtown
[] Nicholas votes junkmail
[0] patton votes AlexLevin
[0] ScottHoward votes junkmail
[0] Shortline votes Bobo
[] sumzero votes thebram
[] SynSid
[4] thebram votes chuckles
[0] tiedup votes chuckles
[] TJ
[] tokyo
[1] VoraciousReader votes thebram
[] wdcbooks votes junkmail
[] zurvan votes BobO

Iron_Yuppie 05-04-2006 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Jared, if TJ isn't a wolf, and is mod-killed, can we get something as compensation? Maybe both seers getting a look tonight?? Perhaps an angel role for a night or two?? Something????

[/ QUOTE ]

lynch Elevens

I really don't think junkmail is a wolf; and, if he is, I'd think that him and all of this supposed content he is posting (I have to admit I haven't exactly studied it) should become more useful as the game goes on.

Iron_Yuppie 05-04-2006 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I also have one other note. I reread the entire thread, not just today's posts, and there were a lot of people suspicious of Iron Yuppie yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, boring though it may be, it is a tactic that works time after time.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 05:52 PM

So why vote for elevens?

He isn't going to get lynched tonight. You not voting for someone who matters tonight is very suspicious.

And I was wrong when I said it was Bob or I. It's Bob, thebram or I.

It's getting late, and you need your vote to count. I say put it on one of us and let the village work more than the wolves.