Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Guitar Hero III (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523244)

kevkev60614 11-12-2007 06:02 PM

Re: Guitar Hero III

Bought a Wii and played GH3 for the first time yesterday. I noticed that a friend holds the guitar differently than I do. When you play is the wammy bar up above the strum, close to your palm, or pushed down below the strum by your knuckles?

Jack of Arcades 11-12-2007 06:20 PM

Should I be training myself to use my index finger on green and red or my pinky on blue and orange? I don't think I can get over the urge to use my middle finger on red.

The Bus Driver 11-12-2007 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I be training myself to use my index finger on green and red or my pinky on blue and orange? I don't think I can get over the urge to use my middle finger on red.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be thinking in terms of using one finger to cover two buttons so much as being able to shift your entire hand one way or the other.

Jack of Arcades 11-12-2007 06:45 PM

That makes sense, I just can't train my mind to do it yet.

WayAbvPar 11-12-2007 06:49 PM

Finished the Easy tour over the weekend (ph3@r my 1337 skilz!). Beat Lou on the 2nd try, then managed to get through TTFAF on one try. I can't even imagine trying that song on hard, to say nothing of expert. You shredders that can do it have my respect for sure.

gharp 11-12-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bought a Wii and played GH3 for the first time yesterday. I noticed that a friend holds the guitar differently than I do. When you play is the wammy bar up above the strum, close to your palm, or pushed down below the strum by your knuckles?

[/ QUOTE ]
I wedge the whammy between the ring and pinky fingers on my strumming hand.

TheCroShow 11-12-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's all about comfort. i only use my index, middle and ring finger. depending on shifts and what not, here's what i use:

index: green, red, yellow
middle: red, yellow, blue
ring finger: yellow, blue, orange.

i melt faces on expert too...ok that's a lie, i'm stuck on tier 5 on expert =( holiday in cambodia kicks my ass

gusmahler 11-12-2007 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be thinking in terms of using one finger to cover two buttons so much as being able to shift your entire hand one way or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, if you look at the best GH players, they shift their entire hands up. E.g., during the Hellashes 97% Jordan video ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=d2p_A5BhSFE ), he shifts all the way up to index finger on yellow at times.

Lots of people have a "home" position of index finger on green, but I've always been more comfortable with a "home" position of red, either shifting my hand to hit orange or using my pinky. Then again, I'm also stuck on hard, so I'm probably wrong.

chuckleslovakian 11-12-2007 07:30 PM

To hit the ending trill on Jessica I shifted by index finger all the way up to blue, but thats the only song I've ever done that for. The only other songs I can think of where I even shifted my index finger to yellow are Stricken, Shout at the Devil, Mother, and The Trooper.

TheCroShow 11-12-2007 07:31 PM

anyone else having any difficulties starting/joining a game right now? could be that i've never tried it before..but my buddy created a public co-op game..i click on join game in progress, failed to connect! =(

so he sends me an invite...i accept and failed to connect =(

xbox 360 btw

*edit* so we decided to restart our xbox's and bam, now it works wtf =/