Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   STTF SNG->cash thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=309487)

DevinLake 08-23-2007 12:33 AM

Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
srt = KK
doe = 9h8h

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

player like doe is not flat calling on the flop with a pair, gutter and flush draw.

Josem 08-23-2007 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Josem, how old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm now 26 and two days.

[ QUOTE ]
Can I even buy you a beer in the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. June 2008.

microbet 08-23-2007 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
srt = KK
doe = 9h8h

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

player like doe is not flat calling on the flop with a pair, gutter and flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say it like you know him? Are you playing on my site? You know there are two Doe_jais?

The Yugoslavian 08-23-2007 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
srt = KK
doe = 9h8h

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dno, seems reasonable that he'd do that. Plus, all the better guesses were taken, [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

I dno how to translate the stats micro gave us into "he won't flat call flp with pair/gutter/flush draw."

Yugoslav

DevinLake 08-23-2007 01:40 AM

Well, most lags cream in their pants when they hit a combo draw with a SC and this is a HUGE combo draw.

DevinLake 08-24-2007 03:03 PM

costanza and I like to argue over hands. We argued over the turn action here. We both have valid reasons for our plays, what do you guys think?

He never gives me reads, I don't think he pays attention when he plays [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $517.35
BB: $1,015.00
UTG: $742.80
Hero (MP): $591.00
CO: $437.80
BTN: $212.20

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $21.00</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $15.00

Flop: ($45) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($45) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $45.00</font>, Hero ????

futuredoc85 08-24-2007 03:12 PM

you have to raise now after check the flop. only way to make sure you can get all in on river

microbet 08-24-2007 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
costanza and I like to argue over hands. We argued over the turn action here. We both have valid reasons for our plays, what do you guys think?

He never gives me reads, I don't think he pays attention when he plays [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $517.35
BB: $1,015.00
UTG: $742.80
Hero (MP): $591.00
CO: $437.80
BTN: $212.20

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $21.00</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $15.00

Flop: ($45) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($45) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $45.00</font>, Hero ????

[/ QUOTE ]

When I get a big hand I usually like to hope villian has the hand that will pay off big, but at this point the best I'm really hoping for is A9 and more likely it's a bare ace or bare 9 or some other one pair or nothing.

I'd call and raise if he bets the river hoping he has 2 pair and will call. Still makes a pretty good pot.

DevinLake 08-24-2007 04:01 PM

IMO this turn is a raise. The guy either has an A or better, or he doesn't. If he doesn't, there aren't really any river bluff cards, so unless he's crazy aggro he's shutting down on the river with air.

So, flat calling to induce a bluff doesn't have much value IMO.

So, the question is, are you going to get more value out of a weak to medium A here by calling or raising? (we're getting it in regardless if he's really strong.)

IMO, someone with an A here will almost always call a raise on the turn. If you flat call and bet when checked to, or raise over a river raise, you're really only get one street of value. However, I feel you can get that same value by raising the turn. But, if you raise the turn and get called, you're essentially free rolling on the river if he ever calls another bet.

jgunnip 08-24-2007 04:57 PM

i must have missed the sngs --&gt;cash --&gt; mtts --&gt;cash thread so i'll just post hands hands in here is that ok?!???