Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New Software: Holdem Manager (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=435845)

xxThe_Lebowskixx 07-16-2007 05:47 PM

Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

when you launch the real thing, please include an extensive user's guide.

fozzy71 07-16-2007 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i use Prima so i cant work the damn thing

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel bad. I play on FT and cant use it. Apparently SQL is smarter than me.

baronzeus 07-16-2007 06:04 PM

hey,

regarding WtSD numbers.

PT does one thing oddly w/ w$sd numbers that I think you should look into.

Let's say you're playing a LHE hand and you are SB vs BB HU. If you split the hand, it is considered "losing" the hand at showdown because of rake. At the same time, if you are Button vs BB, and you split the hand, it is considered "winning" the hand, because of the extremely small profit from SB's posted blind minus rake.

I think these hands should be standardized somehow.

spellofmaya 07-16-2007 06:38 PM

One thing i've noticed is if you run two reports in the same tab the title columns seem to overlap.

here is a pic:

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/6967/holdemmgq3.jpg

But if you go to another tab and then back again it is fine.

Reup Gang 07-16-2007 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when you launch the real thing, please include an extensive user's guide.

[/ QUOTE ]

amen

derosnec 07-16-2007 07:36 PM

so far a great app. amazing postflop analysis tools. seeing how high certain people c/r turn or 3bet pf is revealing.

i can't get used to the look, especially in the Reports section for reviewing hands. it's like a see of white, whereas PT's colors/layout make columns/rows look more defined.

The Icon 07-16-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey,

regarding WtSD numbers.

Let's say you're playing a LHE hand and you are SB vs BB HU. If you split the hand, it is considered "losing" the hand at showdown because of rake. At the same time, if you are Button vs BB, and you split the hand, it is considered "winning" the hand, because of the extremely small profit from SB's posted blind minus rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, in one hand you're losing money, and in one hand you're winning money. It's pretty simple and standard to me.

rvg72 07-16-2007 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey,

regarding WtSD numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, in one hand you're losing money, and in one hand you're winning money. It's pretty simple and standard to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a terribly named stat "Non Small Showdown Win % which only counts hands where you won or lost 5BB's or more. Might be a better indication. There is also a "Won Large Showdown" which is 20 BB's or more.

I'll see what I can do about the split pot thing - it really should not count as a win or loss when it is split like this so I'll see if there is an easy way to deal with it.

rvg

Savaron 07-16-2007 07:54 PM

One short extenstion to the known regional Settings bug:

Import a file and you get the message "Completed (0 imported, 0 duplicates, 0 errors)".
No report possible

Import the same file again and you get: Completed (0 imported, 64 duplicates, 1 error)
Still no report possible..

(Trying to find a player in the Select Player window seem to crash the manager)

derosnec 07-16-2007 08:35 PM

not sure if it has been mentioned, but in the Hands page, i can't click on the columns (starting with "vs. 3bet") so that it sorts in ascending/descending (like, click on "vs. 3bet" so all those hands are at the top).