Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Less Hugs, More Bans (NC Thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514179)

MrWookie 10-14-2007 11:41 PM

Re: Less Hugs, More Bans (NC Thread)

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had been too disgusted with the Seahawks to even ban you. Like, how can I get mad at you when Hasselbeck throws a lob right to the Saints just for giggles rather than scoring, and when Holmgren decides to make terrible decisions about play calling on 3rd and 4th down, and with respect to getting points on the board. Gloat at me when my team at least looks like they feel like giving the whole "winning" thing a chance but they come up short. Don't gloat at me because the Seahawks decided that winning isn't even on the list of priorities. Ban.

OziBattler 10-14-2007 11:42 PM

Re: bleh

[ QUOTE ]
ozi == pwnd

[/ QUOTE ]

so I read that entire thread, even wrote a tl;dr and you beat me by a few seconds.lol. if i cared i'd
a. delete your post that was posted like a second before I did
b. ban

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Dr. Matt 10-14-2007 11:43 PM

Ozi [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] temp ban Xylocain for me ktxbye!

OziBattler 10-14-2007 11:53 PM

nah....Ill just ban you today so that you feel special

Landonfan 10-14-2007 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So tomorrow, I have to go watch Sidney White, some crappy Snow White remake with Amanda Bynes, and it's something to do with a sorority or some [censored]. I have to go for English class. It's a goddamn college writing course, and the whole goddamn semester is going to be on teen movies. So I have to write a serious review for this pissmop of a movie, and of course every one of my friends laughed at me when I asked if they'd go with me, so now I have to go watch the 1:30 movie on a Sunday so no one'll wonder why I'm sitting alone in a theater with a bunch of 13-year old girls, if even 13-year old girls will go see it.

[censored] this [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh geez, that's priceless.. so you'll be the only dude in there with a bunch of teenage girls. They'll all look at you funny and you're likely to be put on some kind of predator list.

Can't you encourage about 5-6 classmates to go at the same time?

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, I was the only person there, though I'm sure I would've still been the only person there if I had gone on a Saturday night. It was such a God-awful movie. It's a [censored] Snow White remake, and they have masturbation jokes. It was really creepy.

The class had already gone, but I forgot about it and missed it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Aaron W. 10-15-2007 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
holy crap......2+2 investigates AP

its a long read but the tl;dr version is that apparently some smrt absolute poker rep sent a raw excel file that contains very incriminating info regarding the so called superuser accounts and some 2+2ers are dissecting that file to get every little bit of info to track down the dirty rotten cheaters. omg.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe I read the whole thing... It was actually kind of riveting in an odd way. I'm curious to see what the fallout is over the next week or so.

MrWookie 10-15-2007 12:08 AM

I read the whole thing, too, although not each HH. I think that the fallout from this will be minimal, unfortunately. Not enough people will find out about it to cause Absolute to go BUSTO, and it's not like Absolute is going to issue an apology, confiscate funds, or make amends in any way after they've already issued statements that they've run an investigation and found no evidence of cheating. This is info they already had about a player we made them aware of last time this came up. At this point, they're better off sweeping it under a rug and hoping that the casual players don't find out about it.

marchron 10-15-2007 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had been too disgusted with the Seahawks to even ban you.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ban.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude . . . wait, what?

Also, getting the opportunity to play live fairly often had soured me on online play. Got back into it tonight and booked $100+ in a combo of 3/6 and 2/4. Beat: the only available 2/4 tables were BBJ. Brag: if the BBJ hits, a chunk of the pool goes to all players at that limit, not just the table.

Variance: uh . . .

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: marchron is MP1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">marchron raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, marchron calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
marchron checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, marchron folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button has 2d Qd (one pair, twos).
CO has Kh 9d (high card, king).
Outcome: Button wins 10 BB. </font>

MrWookie 10-15-2007 12:11 AM

March,

Notice the past tense in the first quote? I was going to let him slide, but when he came back with the tongue, he was done.

Aaron W. 10-15-2007 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I read the whole thing, too, although not each HH. I think that the fallout from this will be minimal, unfortunately. Not enough people will find out about it to cause Absolute to go BUSTO, and it's not like Absolute is going to issue an apology, confiscate funds, or make amends in any way after they've already issued statements that they've run an investigation and found no evidence of cheating. This is info they already had about a player we made them aware of last time this came up. At this point, they're better off sweeping it under a rug and hoping that the casual players don't find out about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess part of me thinks that some poker enthusiast at some large news/media outlet or an underling for some political-type will stumble across it and get the snowball rolling. I don't think it takes too much...