Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Election! - The Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307361)

Thebram 01-19-2007 03:42 PM

Re: Election! - The Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i looked at the only way for wolves to win, and here it is:

we need 4 wolves on the council by the end of day 4, all still alive. we need to have killed 4 of the 8 villagers who are council eligible, and have the assassin kill at least one, which is to say 1 out of the 4 who aren't the voting voting bloc. he can also kill a wolf later, we can pass with legacy.

wolves then need to somehow kill dictator.

wolves then need to get 2 of them elected onto electorate on day 5, lynch a previously elected villager, kill another at night, leaving only 1 eligible.

please note how completely ridiculous this is.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the first council lynches a villager then:
1 - the assassin probably shoots a villager that night
2 - the second council possible kills a villager who was on the previous night's council

and then it's a whole different game'

But like nich said, even without roleclaims, most of the villager's lists of who we thought were wolves were fairly accurate

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is true, then credit WDC for making the correct decision day 1

once fnord voted for me, I thought I was done

HerbieGRD 01-19-2007 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 - the second council possible kills a villager who was on the previous night's council

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW if this sequence of events had happened my head would have exploded

Iron_Yuppie 01-19-2007 03:43 PM

FEAR MY DAY ONE READS WOLVES!

9/10 villagers (although valenzuela had me good)
4/6 wolves

[ QUOTE ]
My villager guesses:
valenzuela
soah
clown
fnord
luckay
lastchance
bram
spook
boiler - best villager guess
jeremy - best villager guess, although I'm a bit concerned that a lot a good players seem to think jeremy is wolfy

Wolf guesses:

stephen h
dmk
iron
chuck
econo

fcbl - Best wolf guess

[/ QUOTE ]

shortline99 01-19-2007 03:44 PM

despite being wrong on me, standard, wdc obviously gets a lot of credit for village winning this one. good work, bro.

JaredL 01-19-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i looked at the only way for wolves to win, and here it is:

we need 4 wolves on the council by the end of day 4, all still alive. we need to have killed 4 of the 8 villagers who are council eligible, and have the assassin kill at least one, which is to say 1 out of the 4 who aren't the voting voting bloc. he can also kill a wolf later, we can pass with legacy.

wolves then need to somehow kill dictator.

wolves then need to get 2 of them elected onto electorate on day 5, lynch a previously elected villager, kill another at night, leaving only 1 eligible.

please note how completely ridiculous this is.

[/ QUOTE ]

and then it's a whole different game'

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Lastchance was itching to shoot. However, given his avatar he either would have missed, or more likely, turned the gun over before getting the chance. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

xorbie 01-19-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
too many wolves played it too quiet, and that just made them stick out even more imo. too reluctant to cast votes. too many confirmeds to find an excuse to get a wolf up there.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the deal. while i suck at wolf (out of practice), it was ridiculously hard to somehow get the village to make HUGE mistakes while not seeming too wolfy.

shortline99 01-19-2007 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FEAR MY DAY ONE READS WOLVES!

9/10 villagers (although valenzuela had me good)
4/6 wolves

[ QUOTE ]
My villager guesses:
valenzuela
soah
clown
fnord
luckay
lastchance
bram
spook
boiler - best villager guess
jeremy - best villager guess, although I'm a bit concerned that a lot a good players seem to think jeremy is wolfy

Wolf guesses:

stephen h
dmk
iron
chuck
econo

fcbl - Best wolf guess

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
werd.

xorbie 01-19-2007 03:46 PM

also fo reals please dont lynch me in future games just if i post more, i am actually back in school.

Jeremy517 01-19-2007 03:46 PM

Traz,
My "my day one reads suck so I could be wrong" comments were just in case I got killed as seer before I could come out. That way you'd know that I had not peeked them.

Nicholasp27 01-19-2007 03:47 PM

fwiw, the wolves still had a chance to win this game

the secrets that were planned for tomorrow woulda totally changed everything

i guess they'll have to wait for another game...

HerbieGRD 01-19-2007 03:47 PM

IMO - for next time wolves should actively pursue council positions early. It was the best way to hoodwink the village. I was very worried that if Shorty/Traz/etc were wolves that village could get screwed by wolves controlling the council

lastchance 01-19-2007 03:47 PM

STFU JaredL. My Avatar is the pwn.

And I'm obviously not killing anyone n1. D2 kill would've been a definite mistake (unless we can do the confirmed baton pass thing) and I'm sorry for not realizing it earlier.

lastchance 01-19-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO - for next time wolves should actively pursue council positions early. It was the best way to hoodwink the village. I was very worried that if Shorty/Traz/etc were wolves that village could get screwed by wolves controlling the council

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, so was I... But a bit too late. Block coming out earlier was obv. I wonder what surprises nich had in store...

shortline99 01-19-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yet you voted me anyway. i almost thought you were a seer.

xorbie 01-19-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gee you think? i was the only one who had a chance, or dmk if we hadn't been super wolfy. even rand() hated us, too many new or utr players.

Zurvan 01-19-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who got put on council that actively campaigned? Shorty, and only because bram wanted him there.

EVerybody else that campaigned & wasn't confirmed got nothing

HerbieGRD 01-19-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can see into your soul....... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

HerbieGRD 01-19-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who got put on council that actively campaigned? Shorty, and only because bram wanted him there.

[/ QUOTE ]
StephenH

shortline99 01-19-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can see into your soul....... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
just keep thinking i'm a villager [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Iron_Yuppie 01-19-2007 03:53 PM

The concept for this game is great, much more fun than I originally thought.

But way too many village power roles; lastchance had it right, just the role-claiming alone would make this very tough for the wolves to win.

metsandfinsfan 01-19-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stephen H

metsandfinsfan 01-19-2007 03:55 PM

and i hate roleclaiming and wasnt planning on doing it but was afraid herbie was going to lynch me if he took over as dictator

not that it mattered since iron81 screwed up his fake seer post 5 minutes later

HerbieGRD 01-19-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and i hate roleclaiming and wasnt planning on doing it but was afraid herbie was going to lynch me if he took over as dictator

not that it mattered since iron81 screwed up his fake seer post 5 minutes later

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about it.....I thought I might have blinders on though so probably not [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

HerbieGRD 01-19-2007 03:58 PM

And like everyone else said - please run this again - just more vanillagers. Even if you want to use more wolves and make the power villagers totally kick ass that would be cool

xorbie 01-19-2007 04:01 PM

better way to do this:

2 seers/2 doctors, doctors cannot protect themselves or seers.

voting bloc either changed or gone, this is so broken.

dictator is also totally broken, but might be able to stay if rest is fixed.

assassin is neutral, must kill every other night at least, find some interesting game condition.

wolves have 1/2 evil seers. wolves have more role blockers.

iron81 01-19-2007 04:02 PM

Even better: whichever side I'm on gets an extra seer.

metsandfinsfan 01-19-2007 04:03 PM

Wolves had to be more active getting voted in day 1... that was the key. With no wolves getting voted in day 1 and the bloc coming out day 2 it was a wrap ... although since the bloc didnt all get voted in (i still have no [censored] idea why not) a wolf could have campaigned hard day 2 as well... but only shorty and traz were campaigning hard day 2 no wolves

amplify 01-19-2007 04:04 PM

I was actually upset enough at this game that I considered going into the threads for all upcoming long games and resigning from them. The only reason I didn't was because it would probably have been obvious why I was doing it. I may still resign from some of them as I should really be spending my time doing actual work and making money instead of trying to convince shortline and traz that I'm not a woof.

BluffBlank 01-19-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
voting bloc either changed or gone, this is so broken.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the idea of the wolves getting the pms. It would've made it far more interesting to have 6 people use the code. I'm certain I would've been lynched. But I'm not sure it would work if it was announced.

MDoranD 01-19-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When is Sklansky coming out with his "how to not suck at being a wolf" book? This is important to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f7...and/wwbook.jpg

Zurvan 01-19-2007 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was actually upset enough at this game that I considered going into the threads for all upcoming long games and resigning from them. The only reason I didn't was because it would probably have been obvious why I was doing it. I may still resign from some of them as I should really be spending my time doing actual work and making money instead of trying to convince shortline and traz that I'm not a woof.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, me too. Frustrating to say the least. Except I get paid whether I work or not.

iron81 01-19-2007 04:10 PM

Amp, I kinda thought you were off your game, not posting much at all. Why were you upset? Because we were getting owned?

chuckleslovakian 01-19-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yep, I'm still thinking about quitting from trek 2 because of tilt from this and malloreon 2

wdcbooks 01-19-2007 04:16 PM

This game was great fun and I am just sorry that the other team had no path to victory. Being the Doctor was fun and I got to engage in some fancy play.

I knew Herbie was the Dictator, and I knew Lastchance was the assassin. So when Last faked seer I pretty much knew what he was doing. I had considered how powerful faking seer would be because each time they targetted me, they would assume that they just missed their one third shot at killing me. So I claimed just enough to make it likely they take a shot at me.

This rule set was broken, but I thought the village played optimally and it just accelerated the victory.

ps. I also had the bizarre situation where I protected Mdorand night one and then tried to get him lynched night two. He was acting so wacky I knew something was going on. Day two I realized he could only be a Block Member or a wolf. As a Blockie he should come out anyway, so pushing to kill him didn't do any harm.

It is nice to finally play a game reasonably well.

wdcbooks 01-19-2007 04:25 PM

Also, I am a bit of a technophobe and I had no idea what Jeremy did was possible.

Disregarding the angle shoot potential, I thought it was brilliant.

metsandfinsfan 01-19-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I am a bit of a technophobe and I had no idea what Jeremy did was possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i actually did too ..... i think people are overreacting to it.

Zurvan 01-19-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. It's not like white text - it can only be discovered by QUOTING the post. ONLY traz would quote that post, 99% of the time. It's not quite a PM, but very close.

I don't think it should be allowed, but since it's not specifically DISallowed, he shouldn't have been modkilled.

HerbieGRD 01-19-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I just don't want to have to try and quote every single post in the game to make sure there aren't secret messages in them [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

valenzuela 01-19-2007 04:32 PM

expert play by me, now Bobo gets the loss on his stats instead of me.

clowntable 01-19-2007 04:36 PM

So this is over.
Yay, first vanillager win. Rigged and all etc. pp.
support support it was the greatest feature of the whole game.

Btw, what came up in thread is a nice idea..secret win condition "must bee elected x times" or "must serve on the electorate with player x" etc. could be fun [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]