Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New Software: Holdem Manager (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=435845)

good_gamble 07-16-2007 03:27 PM

Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone help with installing PostgreSQL on Vista, I get error message 'user account cannot be created: access denied'
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Make sure that you unzip the file before you try to install or you get a problem like this.

2) You will probably need to turn off "User Access Control (UAC)" in order for it to work. This only means that you won't be able to have multiple user logins on the computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, works now.

RVG, imported around 15k hands with only around 50 errors at around 23 hands per sec. Looks great so far, will give proper feedback when I've had more of a play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

YoureToast 07-16-2007 04:04 PM

Key feature request:

At the bottom of each report, generate averages for each field (like PT does).

rvg72 07-16-2007 04:08 PM

Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback, suggestions and bug reports here and on my forums. I'm taking note of them all and putting together a giant semi-prioritized list along with a FAQ.

For the next couple of days at least I will almost 100% focused on fixing bugs or adding functionality that helps better deal with bugs. By the end of the week I should be able to start layering in new functionality and spend more time working on documentation.

The "?" symbol on the title bar next to the min and max buttons is going to link to help for the current tab you are looking at. You can see the beginning of this right now by clicking on the "?" when on the import tab although I think it is already out of date!

A lot of the suggestions are things that are already in progress or at least planned and many of the others are too good to not include with the software so keep it up.

Try using my forums for bugs / suggestions though because this thread is gigantic and I don't want to miss anything important.

Thanks!

rvg

jonyy6788 07-16-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Key feature request:

At the bottom of each report, generate averages for each field (like PT does).

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a must, I like to know the stats of various sites on certain days when I'm mining

say one site is 35/9, the other is 32/11, it's an obv. choice where to play

thanks

EDIT: I imported at about 48h/sec earlier over 113k hands, works great

aislephive 07-16-2007 04:22 PM

Wow this software is incredible, definitely purchasing asap and using primarily (especially if SS supports it and the hud is good).

I'm a little confused though after looking at the "detailed postflop stats." It appears that the old W$SF from PT is the new W$SD after checking several different players over big samples and seeing that their W$SF from PT was identical to their W$SD on HM. That can't be correct at all buy maybe I'm missing something.

And I'm under the impression the new W$SF from HM doesn't include unraised pots (this is good)? I'm really confused here actually because the numbers they give you for W$SF (for example 2937 of 6955) does not equal the percent displayed, instead it equals the W$SD % listed aka the standard W$SF% stat from PT.

Can I please get some clarification on this? Which stats are incorrectly calculated or in the wrong collumn?

Also, if you haven't already please include a W$SF stat that does NOT include unraised pots, only hands where you VP$IP.

rvg72 07-16-2007 04:26 PM

Regarding the W$SD,W$SF numbers being weird etc - don't read too much into this. I'm pretty sure it is a bug in the code I'm using to calculate the value and it will be fixed and you will get the values that you would expect once it is fixed. I'll also add more w$Sd numbers related to 3/4 betting preflop.

rvg

Mischman 07-16-2007 04:38 PM

What does Holdem Manager do with the HH's once it reads them in the PS folder?

aislephive 07-16-2007 04:39 PM

Ah ok I see, looking forward to seeing them fixed. Like I said I'd really like to see a W$SF% stat for hands only included for vpip. Actually, I would also like a seperate one for raised pots ONLY (where you raised preflop or called a raise). The current W$SF stat is a bit misleading in PT because they include stupid hands where you check 38o in the BB after some limpers and then check fold some random flop. I don't like that since those are really unimportant pots and I want to know how often I'm winning raised pots that go to the flop as they are a lot more meaningful and also it's a very telling stat on how aggressive somebody is postflop.

Also, I hate the way some stats are calculated as in the percentage of total hands played. For 3bet% that's fine, but for something like % of time called/folded/reraised after being 3 bet I think it's much better to look at the percent they did each action after being reraised rather than total hands (as that is very dependant on how often that person is being 3 bet which will skew stats badly).

aislephive 07-16-2007 04:41 PM

And stuff like cbet % in and out of position would be great, as well as cbet % into two players.

tiger_hall 07-16-2007 05:43 PM

i use Prima so i cant work the damn thing