Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   South Park starts up again tonight 10/3 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514741)

Max Raker 11-08-2007 11:47 PM

Re: South Park starts up again tonight 10/3

One part I laughed at was when Stan was playing the racing game and decides to go find Kyle, he puts it in reverse and looks over his shoulder. I also like when the guy tries to see him rehab hero.

kyro 11-09-2007 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i can't believe how much everyone is loving this episode.

run of the mill episode. it's mediocrity reminded me of lice capades - maybe you laugh a few times during it, but it's very forgettable.

Calling this brilliant is pretty crazy IMO - especially compared to the trilogy we just saw. Also, how the hell was there seemingly more negativity about Imaginationland than this ep. 'YOU ARE F4GS' was pretty hilarious, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your avatar, however, is from one of the best episodes ever.

I think South Park really thrives on very controversial episodes. Parodying silly things like Guitar Hero doesn't have the bite to it that making fun of a kid eating his parents does.

g-bebe 11-09-2007 01:07 AM

THIS... IS... LES'BOS!

catalyst 11-09-2007 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i can't believe how much everyone is loving this episode.

run of the mill episode. it's mediocrity reminded me of lice capades - maybe you laugh a few times during it, but it's very forgettable.

Calling this brilliant is pretty crazy IMO - especially compared to the trilogy we just saw. Also, how the hell was there seemingly more negativity about Imaginationland than this ep. 'YOU ARE F4GS' was pretty hilarious, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your avatar, however, is from one of the best episodes ever.

I think South Park really thrives on very controversial episodes. Parodying silly things like Guitar Hero doesn't have the bite to it that making fun of a kid eating his parents does.

[/ QUOTE ]

i certainly wouldn't count that as one of the more controversial topics they have tackled. Regardless, they hit the mark plenty of times without controversial topics: make love not warcraft, good times with weapons, imaginationland (at this point, it's relatively unoffensive), etc. But, when they manage to hit the mark while tackling a completely offensive topic... we have something like Woodland Critter Christmas, best friends forever, and so on.

AlexM 11-09-2007 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was entertaining, but didn't have many lulz. And anyone who hasn't played Guitar Hero much isn't going to like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played quitar hero, i loved the episode

[/ QUOTE ]

AlexM 11-09-2007 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
halfway through and this is quite possibly the worst episode of sp ive ever seen, havent even smiled yet.... noone cares about stan or kyle any more

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Why do you even watch this show?

Russ M. 11-09-2007 10:31 AM

I thought the ep. was pretty funny. I've also never played Guitar Hero. The ending was fantastic.

solids 11-09-2007 10:58 AM

I thought this ep was pretty hilarious, but then again, I was really high. Randy always makes this show way better. And that ending had me laughing for about 5 minutes.

YOU

ARE

F*GS

disjunction 11-09-2007 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the ep. was pretty funny. I've also never played Guitar Hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. I'm wondering if the ep. was better if you've never played guitar hero. The whole episode came off as novel for me, and I liked the soundtrack.

AlexM 11-09-2007 01:37 PM