Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   SSNL [LIFE] THREAD AUGUST (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=466206)

GrandMelon 08-07-2007 02:22 PM

Re: SSNL [LIFE] THREAD AUGUST

So my gf's 20th birthday is coming up and I have absolutely no idea what to get her. Weve been dating for almost 2 years if that matters. What should I do????????

orange 08-07-2007 02:24 PM

i think kolo is like 17? 18?

GM,
good Q, ask frank. i have no idea.

Kilillan 08-07-2007 02:25 PM

yay no work tomorrow.

I miss korean girl. Why do I miss her? This sucks.
I don't even want a relationship with her. I'm just infatuated with her.

I need a quick girlfriend quick to get over this feeling.

4_2_it 08-07-2007 02:31 PM

GM,

Spa days are a can't miss gift for 98% of women. Resorts and nice hotels are where I would recommend finding a spa. You are too young for anything real expensive.

kil,

I think Korean girl is working her game perfectly on you. Of course, her end game is marriage, so be very careful. Why haven't you hit up the co-worker who is fascinated with your 'package' or the girl who quit? Seems like you are subconsciously staying loyal to someone you aren't really dating.

Casper05 08-07-2007 02:34 PM

I need a wedding present for my best friend- I'm the best man...I want to get him something badass like a custom rifle (he's an outdoorsman), but his fiance would kill me I guess since thats not a typical wedding present. Any ideas?

4_2_it 08-07-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need a wedding present for my best friend- I'm the best man...I want to get him something badass like a custom rifle (he's an outdoorsman), but his fiance would kill me I guess since thats not a typical wedding present. Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

A wedding present should be for the couple, not just the groom. If you need to get on the bride's good side, ask your buddy what potential gift she got most excited about when they set up their registry; otherwise get something for the kitchen. When I got married, we got an assload of picture frames and other crap and not enough quality kitchen gadgets.

Depending on how long you have known him and what your relationship is with both of them, I guess getting him the rifle along with a smaller (yet nice) wedding present could be acceptable, but that's definitely going against the grain.

Kilillan 08-07-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think Korean girl is working her game perfectly on you. Of course, her end game is marriage, so be very careful. Why haven't you hit up the co-worker who is fascinated with your 'package' or the girl who quit? Seems like you are subconsciously staying loyal to someone you aren't really dating.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you think she's running game on me?

And yeah I need to hit that. I emailed 17 year old with no response. I've been busy lately, but I'll definitely talk to the other girl to see if she wants to do something this weekend.

4_2_it 08-07-2007 03:09 PM

kil,

Think about it. This girl has pulled soem pretty basic negative hits (wants to get married, says you look average, calling you her best friend) that should send you running for the hills. Instead, you become more infatuated every day. What else am I missing here?

Your friend thinks you two are already an item. Why does he think this? Are you two making out in public or are you confiding in him?

TheChad 08-07-2007 04:21 PM

happy bday and all that Kolo. I hope it has a happy ending.

TheChad 08-07-2007 04:22 PM

Kil, 4_2 is making some pretty good points. You might consider pulling on your running shoes and run the other way.