Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORLD SERIES! - Boston Redsox vs Colorado Rockies (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528199)

g-bebe 10-24-2007 04:28 PM

Re: OFFICIAL WORLD SERIES! - Boston Redsox vs Colorado Rockies

are you alright?

kidcolin 10-24-2007 04:32 PM

I think it's hard to define alright when it comes to anatta.

anatta,

I will be catching games 3-4 in the same fiery cauldron as you. Burn burn burn.

TMTTR 10-24-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Giuliani is rooting for the Sox.. so we got that going for us...

[/ QUOTE ]

He has officially been excommunicated for heresy from the baseball cathedral in the south bronx. He is all yours and cannot be returned.

kidcolin 10-24-2007 05:09 PM

none of us want him, either.

I hope this costs him the nomination. I understand politicians due retarded crap and everything is a PR move, but is anyone in NH really fooled by that? And he knows it'll piss of NYers. His advisers suck.

anatta 10-24-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you alright?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm safe, I live downtown, condo paid for in 1996, i have good money karma, a pretty girl came by this morning to give me food, she wants to have a baby and me to build up the law practice, i tell her to watch her mind and i will do the same and we will be happy and i'd rather keep building the stars roll cuz some of you kids are great but a lot are just horrible. (oh i had my starbucks btw). Maybe I should be like Pedroia and think you great players are horrible, you got nothing. That would be a neat trick to convince myself of that. 97 in 197 out.

but i don't like it when i lose at poker, used to throw things, etc. very attached so i am working on that aspect of the game, its slow going, but i am getting much better. i will practice during the world series. i will watch the game unattached and not cling to the arising of attachments, unpleasant feelings, etc. that should help.

sethypooh21 10-24-2007 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And he knows it'll piss of NYers.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's my understanding that they hate him regardless.

Query, what is the most you would pay to see games 3, 4 and 5 were you a Sox fan? This is not an idle question.

TMTTR 10-24-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And he knows it'll piss of NYers.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's my understanding that they hate him regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, he is still relatively popular in New York City and would certainly get significant support in the outer boroughs. His 9/11 image plays to many of these folks.

Funny thing is, I would probably agree with his general comments about rooting for the American League -- but never the Red Sox. No true Yankee fan (without political motivations) could root for the Red Sox to win the World Series.

Although: I was in college outside of the New York metro area in 1986. I know of more than a few Yankee fans that actually rooted for the Sox because they hated the Mets even more... that was clearly the wrong move and many of them have repented.

anatta 10-24-2007 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's hard to define alright when it comes to anatta.

anatta,

I will be catching games 3-4 in the same fiery cauldron as you. Burn burn burn.

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries kidcolin, your future path is hard to trace, but goodness will follow you, when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness. so you got that going for ya.

MuresanForMVP 10-24-2007 06:53 PM

Just would like to say I'm very bitter about tonight. I can watch the first half hour of the game, but have to work from 9-midnight. Gonna tape the rest but still wtf

Go Sox

Los Feliz Slim 10-24-2007 07:30 PM

When is the damn first pitch? 5:00 or 5:30?