Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Official Party Regulars Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=353509)

pethie 08-29-2007 12:34 PM

Re: Official Party Regulars Thread

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks - I'll pop into my bank tomorrow and set up a US account. I could call but all the staff there wear nice short skirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend just msg'ed me and told me that I can get a higher rate when I withdraw to Visa. But 10k is max limit, and I would like to wait some time before I make the exchange to DKK.

I forgot one thing, I don't get any interest on the funds in my USD-account (pretty important, sorry). It could be different in other banks, but make sure you ask.

Morrek 08-29-2007 12:36 PM

I'm not sure if I'd want to keep even more cash in dollars at this time than I'm already forced to do. From what I hear the dollar is much more likely to go down than up

tozzy 08-29-2007 12:38 PM

i dont think anyone can really predict where the dollars gonna go.

Morrek 08-29-2007 12:42 PM

Yeah obviously, that's not what I'm saying. But as a poker player you should know this thing called probability. It can go either way but from what I hear from people who know more about this than I do, it's definitely more likely to go down than up at this time, for various reasons that I don't have the time nor knowledge to go into right now

tozzy 08-29-2007 12:47 PM

youre talking about the dollar:euro rate, right? not some sort of scandinavian currency that no ones ever heard of?

pethie 08-29-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
youre talking about the dollar:euro rate, right? not some sort of scandinavian currency that no ones ever heard of?

[/ QUOTE ]

The currency in Denmark is connected to the euro.

ahnuld 08-29-2007 01:41 PM

lol you all know so little about currency markets its funny. if you guys want to learn come check out bfi

tozzy 08-29-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol you all know so little about currency markets its funny. if you guys want to learn come check out bfi

[/ QUOTE ]
would you mind sharing your infinite wisdom and tell us what is gonna happen to teh dollar?

ahnuld 08-29-2007 01:56 PM

did I say anywhere I knew what would happen? I simply said you guys seem to have no real understanding of it yet have huge exposure due to little or no diversification. Your ignorance is shown in your own question.

On a side note; Jesus, drop the [censored] annoying macho e-persona, nobody is impressed.

CopTHIS 08-29-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did I say anywhere I knew what would happen? I simply said you guys seem to have no real understanding of it yet have huge exposure due to little or no diversification. Your ignorance is shown in your own question.

On a side note; Jesus, drop the [censored] annoying macho e-persona, nobody is impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone really knew how currency markets were going to go then they could make a fortune by using derivatives. Nobody does know, but that doesn't mean it's illogical to maintain a larger than neccesary currency risk.