Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on alert) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550125)

kioshk 11-23-2007 12:30 AM

Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I always find that judgements based on a sample hand size of about 20 are very precise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I have seen him play in other tournaments as well as numerous times in the big NL cash games online. He is a BIG loser online, basically he is Sbrugby and others main source of income. And if you think he has played well you know absolutely nothing. Go back to what you said about a sample size of 20 hands, even though he has made alot of very -EV and unorthodox plays they have by chance worked for him it does not mean his plays were good. As we can see by his overall stats and the amount of money he has lost those -EV moves will always catch up with you.

I am not saying he has a bad attitude or anything like Gold but just telling people who think he is a good player that they are sorely mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if poker is life and life is poker, if you worship at that altar, you probably shouldn't be praying to Guy of the Circus. Congratulations on figuring that out.

kioshk 11-23-2007 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I always find that judgements based on a sample hand size of about 20 are very precise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I have seen him play in other tournaments as well as numerous times in the big NL cash games online. He is a BIG loser online, basically he is Sbrugby and others main source of income. And if you think he has played well you know absolutely nothing. Go back to what you said about a sample size of 20 hands, even though he has made alot of very -EV and unorthodox plays they have by chance worked for him it does not mean his plays were good. As we can see by his overall stats and the amount of money he has lost those -EV moves will always catch up with you.

I am not saying he has a bad attitude or anything like Gold but just telling people who think he is a good player that they are sorely mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

People that made their money producing Vegas shows aren't as good at poker as people who made their money playing poker.

Stop the presses. Scoop has a story.

okterrific 11-23-2007 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gotta love the disdain from Doyle and Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my favorite part of this episode.

BigSoonerFan 11-23-2007 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there is more than one way to play this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
god bless america

[/ QUOTE ]

If it weren't for the circus, Guy would be riding camels back in Canada.

Zagga 11-23-2007 11:51 AM

In the AA-KK hanf of fahra and gold, the betting was flopbets in the dark right? Why didn't jaimy look at the flop before deciding to call fahras reraise or not?

chipwiz 11-23-2007 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the AA-KK hanf of fahra and gold, the betting was flopbets in the dark right? Why didn't jaimy look at the flop before deciding to call fahras reraise or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

He is a good player that knows better.

[ ] Sarcasm

KiwiMark 11-23-2007 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he is an idiot?

He really made himself look like a complete tool when he said "you have aces" to Sammy, then Sammy bet 100K after the turn and he called. From what we could tell he strongly suspected he was against aces, but despite his read he was unable to lay down his kings. That I why I so much wanted to see Sammy push all in on the river - Jamie would most likely have called and that would have made me happy. He would have figured that Sammy had aces, then called 100K, then called 185K - good for a laugh from all of us.

rocketsfan4lyfe 11-23-2007 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

best post ever in terms of spelling

CPOner 11-23-2007 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there is more than one way to play this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
god bless america

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.weeklypokershows.com/uplo...04/antonio.jpg

I love this country

hagum 11-23-2007 05:06 PM

Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al *DELETED*

Post deleted by Kevmath