Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NBA Playoffs in-game thread (LIVE!!) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402949)

Assani Fisher 05-16-2007 01:43 AM

Re: NBA Playoffs in-game thread (LIVE!!)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Who do you think is more likely to let their "bias" regarding this series impact their views, me or you?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably me. but i will readily admit i have a bias, whereas you wont. if you think that the T on barnes was correct or that the AK foul was actually a foul, youre not a neutral observer, unless you just thought it would be fun to troll me with those claims.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Barnes fouled a guy after the buzzer had sounded...thats a technical! You even admitted that he fouled him- now go back and watch if it happened before or aftewards.

I said above that the AK foul was a bad call- did you miss that post? In fact I posted twice about it being a bad foul- once to give my opinion and once to argue it with someone.

I'm really done arguing with you on whether or not I'm biased. Maybe you're right and I have some deep internal hate of GS that for some reason I don't even know about. But I swear to you that I don't think I dislike them at all. At this point, I'm not going to argue it anymore as theres nothing else I can say.

Assani Fisher 05-16-2007 01:44 AM

I can't fathom how you guys think GS would win more games than Houston next year.

I love how Utah is "barely" better than GS despite beating them in 5 games and being the #5 seed rather than the #8 seed.

Denver stands a very good chance of being better than GS next year.

BobboFitos 05-16-2007 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Warriors outplayed them in Game 2.

The last 2 games the warriors shot some terrible % in the low twenties. That's not who they are. They arent a 45% shooting team but they arent a 20% shooting team either.

1 more year for Biedrins and Monta to improve is definitely a giant plus for the warriors.

This series was a lot closer than the 4-1 shows. It easily can be 3-2 warriors right now. (let pietrus leave he cant make a freethrow to save his life)

Utah will improve but I dont think theyll improve as much as the warriors will

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and disagree at the same time. My thoughts on the series:

All the games the jazz won (4-0) could have been won by the goldenstate. the one game GSW won (1-0) the jazz had no chance. However, in the 4 games the jazz won, the warriors made a lot of mistakes which prevented them from coming across. (Stupid fouls, stupid shots, stupid FT misses, etc.) It's tough though to say "if they didnt do that"... Yeah, if MJ wasnt so good, the Jazz would have 2 championships.

Anyway, just now Harrington was saying how he felt the GSW were out of gas; I think they were under so much pressure, it was inevitable they were going to finally regress to the mean with regard to their 3pt%.

Anyway, I think next year the Jazz are better, but obviously anything CAN happen in a 7 game series. but, if they somehow match up again, which would be sick, I'll still give the egde (and a sizable one, like winnin in 6) to the Jazz.

By-Tor 05-16-2007 01:46 AM

where are the thug comments from jackson? seems like a level headed interview

tdarko 05-16-2007 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Beating Utah by 24... Houston by 11... Detroit by 18.... Denver by 14...suns by 5... Wizards by 7.. etc

Come up with a real argument please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Utah had just clinched their playoff birth and played w/o any invested interest in the game from the tip off. Utah played this way for a week, they had lost to Portland, Sac, Seattle before them and then went on to lose to Denver and Pho--so they lost 6 of 7 after clinching their playoff birth.

The Houston loss is misleading, TMac played 6 minutes and was injured in that game. Houston goes on to lose to frickin' Portland the very next game. A good win sure, but w/ only Yao and a playoff spot secure why wouldn't GS win this game?

Detroit- good win. Detroit does this from time to time though, they lost to some very bad teams this year just look at some of the losses...Bucks for instance. Detroit has a habit of playing up to the competition and down as well. I am not necessarily implying playing GS is playing down, just saying that blowing them out doesn't mean much.

Suns by 5 is one of their best wins of the year.

Wizards? I guess if you get excited about beating a middle of the road east team then good for you. Not a good win if you want to gauge your team in the west simply b/c if you consider yourself a top 5 team then you SHOULD win this game.

Assani Fisher 05-16-2007 01:46 AM

Wow its amazing how good Stephen Jackson sounds in interviews

BobboFitos 05-16-2007 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's a very good interviewer and v well spoken, imo. he just is a thug on the court. his indiana brawl rep prolly will never escape him

kidcolin 05-16-2007 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow its amazing how good Stephen Jackson sounds in interviews

[/ QUOTE ]

I like him a lot, but he's just got an incredibly short fuse on the court, and he goes off the deep-end quickly.

Clarkmeister 05-16-2007 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's a very good interviewer and v well spoken, imo. he just is a thug on the and off court. his indiana brawl rep prolly will never escape him

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

Mr biggums 05-16-2007 01:49 AM

I said top 5 team in the west not in the league.

Warriors will finish ahead of Houston and Denver next year barring inuries( which I put at around 50% that Baron gets injured)