Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Official January Thread: General Discussion/etc (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=297122)

punter11235 01-17-2007 04:08 PM

Re: Official January Thread: General Discussion/etc

[ QUOTE ]
WE GET SCREWED SO HARD

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously if I were american I would renounce my citizenship and move to Canada or somewhere.
Nice thing about Poland is that while the country sucks everything is cheap here the girls are beatiful and if you move to other country nobody will make you pay anything to polish government.

Jamougha 01-17-2007 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously if I were american I would renounce my citizenship and move to Canada or somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

No g00t. The USA will decide that they did it for tax reasons and turn up demanding 40% of their winnings anyway. Not joking.

USA = not that bad
US government = the devil's blow-up doll

Jay Riall 01-17-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got back from a meeting w/ my accountant. [censored] THE IRS, WE GET SCREWED SO HARD ON TAXES. [censored]!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol! Rule Britannia!!!

ahnuld 01-17-2007 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No g00t. The USA will decide that they did it for tax reasons and turn up demanding 40% of their winnings anyway. Not joking.

USA = not that bad
US government = the devil's blow-up doll

[/ QUOTE ]

and most importantly, unless you are a full time student in canada (4+ uni courses or more) you pay taxes anyways

punter11235 01-17-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol! Rule Britannia!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Btw how does it work from formal side ?
You fill some papers and just pay 0% from winnings or you dont care at all ?
I mean do you report your winnings and pay nothing from them or dont tell anybody about the mone at all ?

Requin 01-17-2007 04:28 PM

There was just a ruling that a pro Canadian sportsbettor doesn't have to pay taxes on his winnings, we might be in the clear soon as well.

Right5 01-17-2007 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW guys, if you haven't stayed up on the Neteller arrests thing...this information is kind of potentially important:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post8798525

It's possible this is full of [censored], but for US players, if you have money in Neteller you want to be able to have on poker sites, might be smart to move it. If Neteller does block transactions, it would likely prevent US players from putting more money into sites. Highly doubt they would stop you from cashing it out of Neteller back to your bank.

Just a heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, just got a new PC, and won a 30 inch dell monitor off ebay, going to come in handy now I guess....

tufat23 01-17-2007 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol! Rule Britannia!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean do you report your winnings and pay nothing from them or dont tell anybody about the mone at all ?

[/ QUOTE ]

all i know is gambling winnings dont count. i'm not sure if we have to report it or not. anyone know?

Right5 01-17-2007 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got back from a meeting w/ my accountant. [censored] THE IRS, WE GET SCREWED SO HARD ON TAXES. [censored]!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wondering aroudn waht % of your winnings do you have to pay? 30%?

Ginge 01-17-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol! Rule Britannia!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never bothered doing anything. As far as I'm aware the government considers me 'retired'