Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   MAFIA: TURF WARS (GAME THREAD) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=123238)

Hornacek 05-31-2006 11:31 AM

Re: MAFIA: TURF WARS (GAME THREAD)

IY, I don't get it. This makes the doctor role useless, since the mafia will just target the outted doctor-bag-villager, who has no chance of being protected that night because he just had the bag.

Iron_Yuppie 05-31-2006 11:32 AM

One more point; by keeping the position of the bag in the open, we foil any fake "bag claims" by mafia that are about to be lynched.

fnord_too 05-31-2006 11:34 AM

Hornacek,

What he is saying is cops ID 3 (you only need 3 I think) villagers and whoever has the bag gives it to one of them. They pass it back and forth until one is killed, so trying to kill a confirmed will have a chance of failure.

The alternatives for the mafia are to target someone and if they fail target again the next night (guranteed kill) or go cop hunting. Also, if both families target the same villager, that is as good as one targeting the doctor bag holder.

wdcbooks 05-31-2006 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One more point; by keeping the position of the bag in the open, we foil any fake "bag claims" by mafia that are about to be lynched.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pay no attention though to a 'bag claim' because it is meaningless. It isn't like we are killing the doctor when we kill the person with the bag. It will just be passed on to someone else.

Iron_Yuppie 05-31-2006 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pay no attention though to a 'bag claim' because it is meaningless. It isn't like we are killing the doctor when we kill the person with the bag. It will just be passed on to someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true, posted by Zurvan:

[ QUOTE ]
If the current holder of the bag is lynched, the bag is out of the game. Any role (after the first night) could receive protection. I will not stop it going to a Mafia family. The Doctor's Bag does not conflict in any way with the Prostitute role, so a prostitute will not stop the bag from being moved.

[/ QUOTE ]

-zero- 05-31-2006 11:37 AM

You have to drop this talk about being open with the bag. It makes no sense and only helps the mafia.

Wdc, when a player holding the bag is lynched the bag leaves the game.

Hornacek 05-31-2006 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hornacek,

What he is saying is cops ID 3 (you only need 3 I think) villagers and whoever has the bag gives it to one of them. They pass it back and forth until one is killed, so trying to kill a confirmed will have a chance of failure.

The alternatives for the mafia are to target someone and if they fail target again the next night (guranteed kill) or go cop hunting. Also, if both families target the same villager, that is as good as one targeting the doctor bag holder.

[/ QUOTE ]

fnord, we only need 2. an outted cop will be just as useful. This does present an interesting fake cop plot outting his other mafiosa, but that just seems dangerous.

Iron_Yuppie 05-31-2006 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IY, I don't get it. This makes the doctor role useless, since the mafia will just target the outted doctor-bag-villager, who has no chance of being protected that night because he just had the bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will only stay useless until we have 3+ confirmed villagers, after which it will become very useful.

In the early game, it doesn't seem very useful anyway; it only has about a 2/19 chance of protecting someone per night. It does, however, have a 7/21 chance of falling into the wrong hands, and staying there if we are not open about its whereabouts.

kyro 05-31-2006 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shocking, pudley is trying to get rid of wdc in yet another AS game.

Even more shocking, is I think wdc is probably a villager.

pudley now at the top of my suspect list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, shocking that I've gone after the same wolfy-sounding player for a second time. Oh noes - I must be a mafia!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

If he sounded wolfy, I'd agree with you. But he doesn't. You do.

-zero- 05-31-2006 11:44 AM

What the hell is the point of saying who has the bag. After we have confirmed villagers I think they're smart enough to keep the bag amonst themselves without everyone having to discuss it. This really is a terrible idea.