Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Halloween WW - Costume Party (Game Thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528193)

chim17 11-14-2007 03:17 PM

Re: Halloween WW - Custome Party (Game Thread)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

After this game, I really started to dislike majority only games. The game pace really dragged near the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Majority lynch is good. Taking 3-4 days to come to majority is just silly, and there was no reason for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dragging on is a village flaw, not a game flaw.

dmk 11-14-2007 03:23 PM

what chim/zurv said

majority lynch >>>>> timed lynch imo

Nicholasp27 11-14-2007 03:25 PM

majority >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>> timed lynch

blame the players, not the game....village doesn't have to prolong days forever

KyrosMother 11-14-2007 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what chim/zurv said

majority lynch >>>>> timed lynch imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck.

You should have seen me banging my head when you said it was majority lynch from that point forward. I now have a stickie that says "If you ever think of playing WW again - be sure to ask if it is majority lynch."

It is with all my other stickies that say "If you ever think of playing WW again......"

Regardless - great game and great job with all the roles. I was sure there was a mistake when tar was still alive - until I saw <u>you were very clear</u> that he wouldn't have a NIGHT ACTION. It didn't mean he lost his powers... I am sure it must have been a lot of work keeping everything straight.

Mark_K 11-14-2007 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
majority &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&g t;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; timed lynch

blame the players, not the game....village doesn't have to prolong days forever

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what your getting at... It's just in reality, I've been in two majority games and the end just dragged. You can blame whoever you want, but this game should have ended 10 days ago.

When a game drags on (for whatever reason) the fun factor goes down. Timed games enforce that this will never happen.

Nicholasp27 11-14-2007 03:36 PM

btw, i'm perfectly fine with the compromise solution of majority with deadlines for all but must-lynch rounds

i think must-lynch should be majority only

i think before must-lynch, majority with a 10pm deadline, or a 2-day deadline is fine (more days if game is more complex, perhaps)

dmk 11-14-2007 03:37 PM

here's the problem:

the village/wolves killed off all the ppl that kept the game moving. w/ 7 ppl left almost everyone alive had posted 1-5 times a day, maybe.

*that* is why the game dragged. if dustin/herbie/luckay/etc were alive in the final 7 or whatever, the game would not have dragged at all

dmk 11-14-2007 03:37 PM

and the above applies to timed-lynch games too. it always happens.

you have a must-lynch where ppl are making 1 post a day and it takes forever

HerbieGRD 11-14-2007 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*that* is why the game dragged. if dustin/herbie/luckay/etc were alive in the final 7 or whatever, the game would not have dragged at all

[/ QUOTE ]
This is true - I'm very impulsive with my voting

VoraciousReader 11-14-2007 04:09 PM

GG wolves. [b]lynch KM[b]