Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Election! - The Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307361)

ScottHoward 01-19-2007 01:08 PM

Re: Election! - The Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]

If shortlines a wolf, they needed him on for credibility

[/ QUOTE ]
i must be crazy, because i dont think theres any way wolf shorty kills a wolf there. in my other post i was a little narrow minded saying no wolf would kill another wolf there, but rethinking, theres a small chance a wolf kills another, but not shorty, not bobo. both could easily kill a villager and talk their way out of it easily the next day. especially when they hadnt declared a target going in. this is the reason we need to declare before hand.

traz 01-19-2007 01:09 PM

if shortline is a wolf, he absolutely kills a wolf in that situation. He has no choice

HerbieGRD 01-19-2007 01:10 PM

I have a theory on why no one was killed last night but I am going to keep it to myself for now. Other than that I am very comfortable with Shorty as a villager because I can't fathom him doing what he did last night as a wolf - if he wanted to build credibility with me he has done it. I am extremely uncomfortable with the Scott/Mets interaction that has been happening the last 12 hours or so. I don't care that a number of people hate it - at the moment my "want to die" list looks just like it did yesterday

Amp/Mets/Iron - wolves

clowntable 01-19-2007 01:11 PM

Just to let you know:

I'll campaign today, I'll present a list of 3 ppl, I'll reread carefully. I'm kind of sick of this game so far. Except for the results the village showed some strange behaviour.

Should be home in around 2h.

ScottHoward 01-19-2007 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if shortline is a wolf, he absolutely kills a wolf in that situation. He has no choice

[/ QUOTE ]
ok we can agree to disagree, fair?

who would you like to see lynched today?

traz 01-19-2007 01:12 PM

jeremy needs to die, and I'll figure out another wolf by night

traz 01-19-2007 01:12 PM

agree to disagree is my motto for the rest of the game

ScottHoward 01-19-2007 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jeremy needs to die, and I'll figure out another wolf by night

[/ QUOTE ]
i can name 4 people who should die before jeremy, and i wont even count you as one of them.

traz 01-19-2007 01:14 PM

atd

ScottHoward 01-19-2007 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
agree to disagree is my motto for the rest of the game

[/ QUOTE ]
i disagree

Thebram 01-19-2007 01:16 PM

I mentioned I was going to give 3 votes to traz before I left work.

I wasnt able to get on until about 9:45. There were too many posts to read, so I skimmed over (mostly looking for my name [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ), and didnt see anything about not voting for traz. So I voted for him (1 vote).

Then I moved a vote from mdd to traz. If the proper rules had been applied, that would have been 2 more votes. Thus my comment yesterday.

When I read the reactions, specifically shorty's post, I changed and moved a vote from mdd to shortline.

Day 1, I moved shortline's vote off of shortline onto IY.

My intention early yesterday was to move a vote onto myself. This would have, in fact, made me eligible for today/tomorrow. But I decided getting someone in that would likely not vote for me was more important.

I initially selected traz because I trusted his opinion on me more than shortline.

there ya go

traz 01-19-2007 01:17 PM

Thanks bram, sorry I couldn't represent yo

ScottHoward 01-19-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
atd

[/ QUOTE ]
hows this for a plan traz (partially stolen, but whatever)
we vote in mets,iron,and a bloc (a bloc that will agree to the plan)
they lynch xorb
the assassin kills iron
if xorb isn’t a wolf, we lynch jeremy tomorrow (because really, my main reason for thinking Jeremy is village is because im fairly certain xorb is a wolf)

traz 01-19-2007 01:20 PM

sounds like an absolutely terrible plan to me, given that I don't trust mets for a second, and I think there are much better people to kill than xorbie/iron

traz 01-19-2007 01:21 PM

soah needs to be on the electorate tonight

Spook 01-19-2007 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Valenzuela, I have already been voted for, so I wont need your vote.
cast vote for Valenzuela
I won't be around for a countif later, can you please use your vote to make sure that three of the block are elected tonight, otherwise vote for someone who has yet to be eligible. Perhaps Econophile or CFPB, ScottHoward would be good if no one has voted for him, that is my order of preference for your vote.
Consider this a pay if forward trade.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cast ballot for spook[/b]
Ok, so what was up with valenzuela doing this? Now he has cast two completely worthless votes and disappears.
Wolf consideration. He didn't want to make someone elidgable from the village, nor did he want to vote for the voting block. I think that his offer of trading votes was meant for a fellow wolf so that they night vote would be closer and they would retain elidgability for day3/4.

ScottHoward 01-19-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like an absolutely terrible plan to me, given that I don't trust mets for a second, and I think there are much better people to kill than xorbie/iron

[/ QUOTE ]
ok heres another plan, we lynch jeremy, and if hes village, we lynch you tomorrow. deal?

Spook 01-19-2007 01:24 PM

poor formating
[ QUOTE ]

cast ballot for spook

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, so what was up with valenzuela doing this? Now he has cast two completely worthless votes and disappears.
Wolf consideration. He didn't want to make someone eligible from the village, nor did he want to vote for the voting block. I think that his offer of trading votes was meant for a fellow wolf so that they night vote would be closer and they would retain eligibility for day3/4.

traz 01-19-2007 01:25 PM

Sure, but thats pretty stupid as well given that I'm a fairly obvious villager.

Seriously, I name wolves, and I'm damned if I do/damned if I don't, then the swarm of pms come after saying, wow traz, you're really good, too bad we never listen to you.

traz 01-19-2007 01:26 PM

Everyone definitely needs to reread valenzuela, he's way too far UTR

Nicholasp27 01-19-2007 01:28 PM

***ELIGIBILITY***

The following people are INELIGIBLE to be voted from here on out, unless they get passed a legacy or use dictator power or baker powers to get on the electorate:

boiler
chim
chuck
cpfb
econo
fcbl
fmx
herbie
iron
jeremy
lastchance
bram

Iron_Yuppie 01-19-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone definitely needs to reread valenzuela, he's way too far UTR

[/ QUOTE ]

Valenzuela voted for himself in like the 1st post of the game; I found that surpassingly villagery.

ScottHoward 01-19-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
im not voting for anybody unless they declare a target. nobody “needs” to be on the electorate.
and you simply saying “soah needs to be there” doesn’t help. whats the reasoning behind it? are you saying hes village? (duh, we can assume that’s what youre saying), but what basis are you using for that assumption?
sorry for being difficult with you traz. but its ultra stupid to just vote somebody into the electorate for no reason. great wolffinder isn’t good enough a reason either.

id like it if nobody else were to vote for anybody until we get our gameplan down and figure out whos gonna go along with it.
if you aren’t going to be around later and the plan isn’t decided, then vote for mdd

iron81 01-19-2007 01:32 PM

I still like shorty for a lynch. Was he accurate at all with his lists?

Also, I don't think I'm eligible for election because no one has voted to put me on yet.

traz 01-19-2007 01:32 PM

atd whatever, not in the mood for more arguing.

Soah is a villager, and a reasonably smart villager. Out of the group, that automatically puts him at the top of the pack. At some point I believe he needs eligibility for post n4

If you disagree, then do whatever you want.

Iron_Yuppie 01-19-2007 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree soah needs to be elected, but I am fine with waiting for tomorrow.

HerbieGRD 01-19-2007 01:34 PM

Gameplan: get Clown and MDD on the electorate today - no shenanigans. I really don't care who the 3rd is - Soah would be fine.

Boiler_bd 01-19-2007 01:37 PM

To be honest I'm not as sure as I'd like to be on soah being a villager. I think our #1 priority is making sure MDD and clown make it on the elecorate as confirmed villagers today.

HerbieGRD 01-19-2007 01:38 PM

You know what - I am tired of the random arguing so here goes - the people you elect today don't matter except to give them eligibility for the future. I am the only one who will be voting today. I am going to get some food and will be back later. Vote for Clown/MDD and someone else to get them eligible.

traz 01-19-2007 01:39 PM

I don't remember the rules exactly, so what is herbie trying to tell me here?

HerbieGRD 01-19-2007 01:39 PM

There is some discrepancy in the timing of when/how I need to send the PM to make this happen but in short - I am the dictator, I intend to control the lynch today but I intend to wait until our 3 electorate people are eligible for post-day 4 election

Spook 01-19-2007 01:40 PM

Support MDD
Support Clowntable
Support Soah/SH/X

I think this is really how we need the electorate tonight.

I would like to get the two confirms back on there, and I agree that Soah is a good player, but I am not completely set on having him there. I would also like to give Scott a chance, and possibly someone else depending on platforms.

I am not sure if I will want to run tomorrow or not.

FCBLComish 01-19-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jeremy needs to be assassinated

[/ QUOTE ]
but at least iron voted for dmk.

[/ QUOTE ]
as did FCBL. are we sure they're village?

[/ QUOTE ]

******ROLECLAIM******

At this point, I think it is important to have some more cleared villagers. I am not important enough for the wolves to eat, but I have some value.

I AM THE REPORTER.

All I can do is clear villagers. N1 I tried to investigate Stephen, but he was busy being eaten. N2 I sucessfully investigated IY. He is a villager.

I am not a seer, all I can do is figure out who is not doing any night actions. When investigating, wolves look like doctors and seers to me. I think it is fairly safe at this moment.

Any Questions?

Clark FCBL Kent.

MDoranD 01-19-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first two days, everybody is eligible to receive votes and be voted onto the electorate. However, anybody that does not

receive at least one vote from someone other than themselves by the end of the second day will be deemed not sound enough to

make such an important decision and will thus be ineligible to receive votes the rest of the game (keep reading for conditions

that can change this).

Moreover, anybody not actually voted onto the electorate by the end of day 4 will also be determined to be unfit and thus

ineligible to receive votes the remainder of the game.

However, when any eligible player dies n4 or later, they may choose to pass their legacy to a player still in the game. If they

[/ QUOTE ]

traz 01-19-2007 01:40 PM

herbie, why today?

ScottHoward 01-19-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember the rules exactly, so what is herbie trying to tell me here?

[/ QUOTE ]
hes telling you we have another confirmed villager, unless another dictator steps up

traz 01-19-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jeremy needs to be assassinated

[/ QUOTE ]
but at least iron voted for dmk.

[/ QUOTE ]
as did FCBL. are we sure they're village?

[/ QUOTE ]

******ROLECLAIM******

At this point, I think it is important to have some more cleared villagers. I am not important enough for the wolves to eat, but I have some value.

I AM THE REPORTER.

All I can do is clear villagers. N1 I tried to investigate Stephen, but he was busy being eaten. N2 I sucessfully investigated IY. He is a villager.

I am not a seer, all I can do is figure out who is not doing any night actions. When investigating, wolves look like doctors and seers to me. I think it is fairly safe at this moment.

Any Questions?

Clark FCBL Kent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't the reporter only get told if the guy took night actions or not? How can it be confirmed that IY is a villager?

HerbieGRD 01-19-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
herbie, why today?

[/ QUOTE ]
With two confirmeds controlling the lynch today (probably) there was going to be very little info gained to begin with - I figured it was as harmless a day as any to use it and I needed to use it to get myself eligible and confirm myself as a villager

traz 01-19-2007 01:42 PM

herbie is an obvious villager anyways

FCBLComish 01-19-2007 01:43 PM

All wolves have night action. IY was inactive. Therefore he is NOT a wolf.