Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   ***** November LC Thread ***** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535805)

Landonfan 11-09-2007 07:28 PM

Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

[ QUOTE ]
If you open-muck your AA, what could he possibly call your raises with?

Metagame him, then run him over.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need a better hand to call a raise than to raise yourself. Gap Concept, heard of it?

If you muck AA, then you're probably open-raising KK+. This means he has massive fold equity, and you're the one who gets metagamed.

Vinetou 11-09-2007 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome. Because I don't understand the math at all. I only know that the cards don't matter, and it's about how you play the player.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. But consider that you pick up 72o instead of aces. Would you consider calling because of metagame and to polarize your calling range a little bit? The cards don't matter, it is about unpredictability and psychology.

Vinetou 11-09-2007 08:20 PM

Plus you don't want your opponent to think you are a calling station when you call the first hand. It is not good for your image and metagame.

daveT 11-09-2007 08:42 PM

Shocking that this hand begot four pages of analysis. I guess it wasn't that standard after all. I should have posted it in the strat section so it would be easier for Leader to sticky.

Thanks for your help guys.

pushing22 11-09-2007 09:13 PM

I'd call w/ the AA. You are probably looking at a chop, so you need to protect the money you already have in the pot.

dboy23 11-09-2007 11:59 PM

I'd also fold the AA first hand.

there are only 2 outcomes if we call.

We call and lose, or we call and win.

So its 50/50, and we all know we need 52.5% to be able to breakeven due to rake. So unless you get great rb or just like to gamble go ahead.

PureDiesel 11-10-2007 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys realize AA is the best starting hand in texas hold them

[/ QUOTE ]
ROFLMAO you think on a zero level, that's why you won't beat that opponent.

pokercurious 11-10-2007 05:04 AM

Best. Thread. Ever.

I love it, and I must say. You should only call AA first hand AI if you have a strong read on the player. And don't forget to polarize your range for optimal bluff calling. 23 ~50% and AA ~50%.

Anything else would be uncivilized.

Indiana 11-10-2007 05:07 AM

why do my opponents continue to underestimate my desire to win? [censored] it i wanna win more than i wanna sleep or eat dont they know this?

Indy

phatjeffrey 11-10-2007 09:12 AM

guys i got a question, never been involved in any staking deals before..

I had to withdraw everything a while ago and now a friend is offering to stake me so that i can play HU SNGS.

Anyone know how deals like this are "done" ?

A couple of questions that i can think off right now...

1) what percentage should i keep and should he get from winnings?
2) If i were to have a huge downswing and lose it all, am i responsible to pay the money back ?
3) when does the deal end? If i keep winning and move up does he still get the same % ... etc...

Id appreciate some help thx..