Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Guitar Hero III (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523244)

TimTimSalabim 11-05-2007 08:52 PM

Re: ~What

To me practice mode was very dry in GH2. In GH3 it displays your streaks and your scores, it just makes it more colorful and fun while you're learning a tough song by playing it repeatedly on a slower setting, which is inherently rather boring otherwise.

Ghazban 11-05-2007 08:53 PM

I wish practice mode had a sliding speed setting rather than 4 distinct speeds.

blackize 11-05-2007 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yea man, I blew through Easy the first night I got it, and I spent the last week getting through Medium. I'm hitting a wall now, though.... I can 5-* all but 2 or 3 of the Mediums, but I can't get anything above a 3-* on any of the hards. Argh this is so frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm in a similar boat. Breezed through easy, then 5starred everything but raining blood. On Medium I didn't try for any 5*'s just went and completed every song. Now on hard I'm struggling to finish out the first venue.

I thought it was the coolest thing when I started playing medium. I didn't even notice how few of the notes you play on easy. When I fired up some songs on medium it occurred to me that easy mode is basically just playing the major changes and nothing else. Medium/Hard just feel so much more like you're actually playing the song.

Ghazban 11-05-2007 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yea man, I blew through Easy the first night I got it, and I spent the last week getting through Medium. I'm hitting a wall now, though.... I can 5-* all but 2 or 3 of the Mediums, but I can't get anything above a 3-* on any of the hards. Argh this is so frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm in a similar boat. Breezed through easy, then 5starred everything but raining blood. On Medium I didn't try for any 5*'s just went and completed every song. Now on hard I'm struggling to finish out the first venue.

I thought it was the coolest thing when I started playing medium. I didn't even notice how few of the notes you play on easy. When I fired up some songs on medium it occurred to me that easy mode is basically just playing the major changes and nothing else. Medium/Hard just feel so much more like you're actually playing the song.

[/ QUOTE ]

Expert will feel like you are actually playing the solos, too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

blackize 11-05-2007 11:13 PM

Heh I'm sure. I really suck though, it takes all my brain power just to see which notes are coming and hope to hit them. I'm nowhere near ready for expert yet.

Playing GH3 is mentally draining.

holdme 11-05-2007 11:31 PM

im still stuck on slayer [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

furyshade 11-05-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

hate tier 8 so much, i dont wanna cheat so im considering just going and beating the game on medium

vulturesrow 11-05-2007 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That song is pretty intense on easy, I'm scared to even try it on medium. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

bottomset 11-05-2007 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish practice mode had a sliding speed setting rather than 4 distinct speeds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish they let you look at the note chart and see exactly which notes you missed

vulturesrow 11-06-2007 12:48 AM

btw, my GT is vulturesrow if anyone wants to add me. As I said in my earlier post, I just started playing medium and I suck hard right now but if you dont mind that too much then I would be more than happy to play coop with any of you.