Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Personal / dating / whatever life situation general advice thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521647)

kafkaFan1 11-05-2007 06:04 PM

Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation general advice thread

[ QUOTE ]
Henry,

"You know nothing about this girl so why so fixated on her?"

The less you know about a girl, the easier it is to create an imagine in your head of how perfect she is and what a perfect match she would be for you. It's sort of pointless and pretty much never true or productive. Wish I had learned that many years ago!

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. the same is also true for anyone, like superstars from any field you see on tv. they and everyone are just people.

Henry17 11-05-2007 06:13 PM

Well no. The reason someone is a superstar is because they excel at something or are in some way exceptional.

The Ex has no right to tell you who you can hook up with.

jeffnc 11-05-2007 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well no. The reason someone is a superstar is because they excel at something or are in some way exceptional.

[/ QUOTE ]

"In some way" turns out to be a very tiny percentage of what actually makes up a person.

kafkaFan1 11-05-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The Ex has no right to tell you who you can hook up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

HENRY U R A FOOL. end HENRY A PERSON WHO IS EXCEPTINO MEANS THEY HAVE A SKILL, AND THEY ARE EXCEPTION AT THAT SKILL. end BUT JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE REALLY GOOD AT 1 THING THEY STILL ARE THE SAME REGARDING EMOTIONS AND PERSONALITY. end

kafkaFan1 11-05-2007 07:10 PM

ITS TOO BAD PICKING UP GIRLS IS A SKILL AND NOT JUST BASED ON HOW COOL A PERSON ACTUALLY IS. LOOK AT HENRY, HE SEEMS LIKE AN OKAY GUY BUT I AM NOT OVERHWHELMED BY HIS COOLNESS, YET HE APPARENTLY HAS BEEN WITH SOME CHILLZ GIRL AS OPPOSED TO ME, AND EVERYTHING BECOMES OBVIOUS.

Henry17 11-06-2007 01:15 AM

I can see why you're a fan of Kafka.

keikiwai 11-06-2007 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
broke up with my girlfriend of 11 months two weeks ago. Was invited to a weekend camping trip by a mutual friend who may want my nuts and with whom I would definitely get with. Upon hearing that we're going camping, ex-girlfriend's tells me, "don't hook up with K." How much should I respect this? Isn't the onus on K and not me?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf

why on earth would you listen

unless your x actually tells you something like, don't hook up w/ K because I work in a lab and saw her blood results and she has AIDS and here is the proof.... and even then your x may be photoshopping

JaBlue 11-06-2007 02:45 AM

well I was going to try to be friends with her, and I didn't want to hurt her more. But today I [censored] her, invited her to dinner, and then cancelled and told her I'm not going to talk to her for a long time. So I guess I can just [censored] the friend if I w ant now.

Vavavoom 11-06-2007 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This sounds like a very convenient rationalization for doing another guys girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I want to rationalize that? I don't believe in dibs or she is taken or whatever. So long as the guy is not actually a close friend of mine then I don't care if she is in a relationship or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true... what I believe in also

El Diablo 11-06-2007 02:46 PM

All, wow. This turned into quite the thread. Locking this one and starting volume 2.