Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Beat: lost my rent money (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557849)

Bulletproof Monk 12-01-2007 02:30 AM

Re: Beat: lost my rent money

why is everyone around here so emo? srsly?

sitting around drinking wine and playing poker in a country like england is a pretty damn good life compared to most of the world imo

Alobar 12-01-2007 02:42 AM

for [censored] sake man, you've got a huuuuge problem. Go get some help for it.

Its a shame BBV feeds on degeneracy, otherwise we could all just ban together and completely ignore you, and without the attention maybe youd actually try and fix your pathetic life. But you seem wired with the need for attention and this is the way you best know how to get it.

xSCWx 12-01-2007 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Its a shame BBV feeds on degeneracy, otherwise we could all just ban together and completely ignore you, and without the attention maybe youd actually try and fix your pathetic life. But you seem wired with the need for attention and this is the way you best know how to get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you understand how boring this thread would be if he did everything properly?

Brag: Paid my rent today

Sounds exciting!

Alobar 12-01-2007 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you understand how boring this thread would be if he did everything properly?

Brag: Paid my rent today

Sounds exciting!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, like I said, its a shame that we value the excitement of someone elses degeneracy over the desire of helping someone.

luckyjimm 12-01-2007 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

there's your problem right there, you need to at least set aside $125 a week for your household finances. You say you make $450/wk why not arrange with your housemates to just pay the rent next week or a short term loan etc, unless this whole thread was just some convoluted scheme to get more free money sent to you to feed our addiction, in which case I applaud your efforts here my friend, well done.

Kem

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's Ģ460 sterling a week I make, so double that. Yes, you're right, I need to seperate money. And NOT gamble the rent!

Diamond Lie 12-01-2007 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

there's your problem right there, you need to at least set aside $125 a week for your household finances. You say you make $450/wk why not arrange with your housemates to just pay the rent next week or a short term loan etc, unless this whole thread was just some convoluted scheme to get more free money sent to you to feed our addiction, in which case I applaud your efforts here my friend, well done.

Kem

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's Ģ460 sterling a week I make, so double that. Yes, you're right, I need to seperate money. And NOT gamble the rent!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well its a good thing you learned your lesson the hard way, amirite?

lapoker17 12-01-2007 03:24 AM

just win a tourney or something.

FlyWf 12-01-2007 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

But I spent it. I don't keep any money in my poker account, and I don't seperate poker from living money. Well, all living money becomes defacto poker money...

[/ QUOTE ]

there's your problem right there,

Kem

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually the other part that's the real problem. Jimm, why don't you keep money in your poker accounts?

Winning players do not make deposits.

gregorio 12-01-2007 04:05 AM

Today was the first day I had played since I posted last and I won ~22K in 1.2K hands. I had to redeposit on stars and that took a few days to wire the money.
--non-winning player aba http://www.cardrunners.com/members/index...9&Itemid=29

Big winner like aba and Jimm can't keep all their bankroll online because it is so +EV to withdraw and invest it in things like retirement funds (aba) and cigarettes (Jimm)

iggymcfly 12-01-2007 05:18 AM

Gambling addictions are pretty powerful. I think people that don't have one tend to underestimate them. Hence all the people making fun of jimm in this thread. I had one myself, but it wasn't quite as ingrained as jimm's, plus I'm better at poker, and I think I've managed to cure it on my own to the point that I can play poker for a living without too much worry of a relapse.

Jimm though, you seriously do just need to quit forever. You're sooooo far from being able to manage a BR properly that you have no idea. And that's if you were a winning player to begin with (which I don't believe you were).

You seriously should uninstall all the poker programs off your computer. Then send messages to all the major poker sites saying that you're a degenerate who's highly likely to send funds that you don't have and screw them out of the difference and recommend they ban you for life. Then, after all that, get in GA.

Or just redeposit, switch to Stars, look for "iggymcfly" and sit to his left. Whatever.

rakemeplz 12-01-2007 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

But I spent it. I don't keep any money in my poker account, and I don't seperate poker from living money. Well, all living money becomes defacto poker money...

[/ QUOTE ]

there's your problem right there,

Kem

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually the other part that's the real problem. Jimm, why don't you keep money in your poker accounts?

Winning players do not make deposits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he goes on retarded monkey tilt so much of the time. If a gambling degenerate has money to gamble with all the time, implying temptation, he will surely lose it.

bigshowmack 12-01-2007 06:49 AM

Jimm how does it feel to be sleeping with a girl who more than likely despises you, and is putting on a charade of tolerance for the entire time she spends with you, simply due to the fact that you're paying her to be there? Have you ever had sex of the non-paid for variety?

zen_rounder 12-01-2007 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jim - i just sent you 255.79 on ftp. GL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, just checked my email:

"This is an automated message sent from Full Tilt Poker.

Your Player ID: XXX
Date and Time: 2007-11-30 15:58:35
Transfer Number: 0159B985
Payment Method: Transfer
Amount: $255.79

This transfer has been approved. You may use your funds immediately.

Good Luck!"

THANKS DUDE!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]man you better not bust it, if someone sent me that on ftp id run it up good and slow, plus i have rake back.id play lowest stakes there is till i hit 1k, do you have rake back jimm? if you do that always helps with the grind.. being busto sucks i should now:( en this cycle of madness now! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

knockonwood 12-01-2007 07:52 AM

HIV verse JIM - Railbird freeze out yo

Jzo19 12-01-2007 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[x]paid for hooker with rent money
[x]obv

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahahahaha, actually, no, but I did see her yesterday morning when my housemates were at work and gave her Ģ300 for two agreeable hours. ZOMG A GIRL IN MY BEDROOM WITH NO CLOTHES ON!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

dude,find cheaper hookers . why are you paying some ho 300 dollars an hr when you can probably pay half that (for the same quality) and have more sects or more money for rent..

automat 12-01-2007 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gambling addictions are pretty powerful. I think people that don't have one tend to underestimate them. Hence all the people making fun of jimm in this thread. I had one myself, but it wasn't quite as ingrained as jimm's, plus I'm better at poker, and I think I've managed to cure it on my own to the point that I can play poker for a living without too much worry of a relapse.

Jimm though, you seriously do just need to quit forever. You're sooooo far from being able to manage a BR properly that you have no idea. And that's if you were a winning player to begin with (which I don't believe you were).

You seriously should uninstall all the poker programs off your computer. Then send messages to all the major poker sites saying that you're a degenerate who's highly likely to send funds that you don't have and screw them out of the difference and recommend they ban you for life. Then, after all that, get in GA.

Or just redeposit, switch to Stars, look for "iggymcfly" and sit to his left. Whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you (and Jim) are talking about. Iīve been through almost everything heīs doing now before. Alas, I spent ALL my money on sports betting, pit games for quite some time, i.e. games that make it hard/impossible to win. I still canīt believe how lucky I got to discover Poker in the first place. I am and will always be a sick addict gambler, but Poker makes it possible to do that with a tiny profit or losses that are affordable. And thatīs the main reason Iīm hitting SO hard on Jim - he has found a game that might rescue him and still plays it like thereīs no way of winning in it. Always tells us how he got everything right, understood everything we told him - and still wonīt stop until all the money is gone. There really is no reason to do so whatsoever.

So, one last time, Jim - Play on your 250 $ as low as you can, grind it up slowly. Donīt play on levels you donīt have 20 buy-ins for. Only play on sites that enable you to ban yourself instantly for 24 hrs once you feel youīre on tilt (Full Tilt and Pokerstars have that button - and I may use it way too often, but it saved me a lot of money). Even within this framework, you still can gamble A LOT (I sure do) and itīs MUCH MORE FUN if you can do so without putting next weekīs food on the line each and every time. Just do it man. You wonīt believe how great it feels to follow your craving without ruining your life.

Daddy Warbucks 12-01-2007 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can people please stop telling compulsive losers to stop playing poker? It's bad for business. K thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea jimm leaving will really dry up the 25 cent plo games on a small network

[/ QUOTE ]

Pyramid theory, yo!

[ QUOTE ]
pm i just received...

I dunno why you sent luckyjimm anyt money at all. He is obviously a losing player. I am currently busto on stars and my name is qwerty248(Rochester). I specialize in HU sng's and if you look at my sharkscope I was on fire and playing well. However, I decided to spew most of it trying to switch over to HU cash. If you could ship me some extra money to get going again I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Good night, good luck and take care.

-Tim

wtf. leave me alone losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably best if you never go to a 3rd world country.

Fetzi 12-01-2007 10:51 AM

Will you open a new thread next month whining about how you lost your money again, or will you just use this one again?

FlyWf 12-01-2007 02:14 PM

I think it's probably not healthy for people to be sending him money here. This isn't like a stake for a down on his luck established player, you're only going on jimm's word that he's a winner because while he's got a ton of posts but all of them are in BBV/OOT/and NVG(!!!). T

Perhaps having something very terrible happen to his life because of his complete lack of willpower(a >$250/hr hooker when he's dead broke?) will cause some introspection.

dallas14 12-01-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
found jimm's class pic

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...cial-class.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ Beaker

RikaKazak 12-01-2007 02:49 PM

seriously dude get help...how can gambling even be fun if it's causing all this drama in your life?

p.s. I know it's probably not fun and probably wish you could stop...get help though man is all I'm trying to say

centaurmyth 12-01-2007 02:59 PM

it's "fun" for him precisely because it's causing him all this drama in his life. where fun does not equal recreational diversion or profits, just real hardship that makes him feel alive.

luckyjimm 12-01-2007 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's "fun" for him precisely because it's causing him all this drama in his life. where fun does not equal recreational diversion or profits, just real hardship that makes him feel alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

I need to find something else that gives me a kick in a more healthy way. Sports, for instance, or falling in love.

bigshowmack 12-01-2007 04:01 PM

No one will ever realize that luckyjimm can get offered all of the good advice in the world on here and its just going to go in one ear and out the other because he has absolutely no desire to fix anything, and loves the attention he gets on 2+2.

That along with strangers bailing him out when he blows everything and is faced with adult responsibility and no solution for his childish degeneracy is just making things worse.

Same [censored] different day in the world of luckyjimm basically sums up his life in general. 35 years from now he will be eating in soup kitchens and depositing whatever the british equivalent of social security is onto ipoker every week just to piss it all away so that he has something for people to feel sorry for him about. He has absolutely no concept of the fact that his life is meaningless and despite being almost 30 he has the bank account balance and maturity level of a 15 year old. The only thing I feel for Jimm is pity and embarassment.

Khaos4k 12-01-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

I need to find something else that gives me a kick in a more healthy way. Sports, for instance, or falling in love.

[/ QUOTE ]

Down on his luck poker player turns his life around after finding true love with a hooker! We could go to Paramount with this plot.

centaurmyth 12-01-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

falling in love is a temporary high that, upon coming down from, you will seek out that high again. read: drugs, hookers, gambling, etc... repeat cycle.

it's obvious that you/I/we can only find something larger that you can contribute to (GA for some) or another community of people you care about actively (pick one), or a cause worthy of your time (say writing reflections upon the human condition as a struggling over-age adolescent male in civ society). this, combined with other difficult yet positively reinforcing commitments (exercise, team sports, etc.) will re-direct that impulse positively.

more highs and lows from falling in love will only serve as a temporary reprieve. don't take my word for it, ask around to other men you trust (oh, wait...). it's the same impulse for desire for deeper life misdirected towards a desire for gratification wearing a different skirt. imo.

FlyWf 12-01-2007 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

[/ QUOTE ]

Down on his luck poker player turns his life around after finding true love with a hooker! We could go to Paramount with this plot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Difficult to translate the critical moment where he begs for handouts on the internet to get enough money to have one last session with her before her pimp takes her back to Russia, but I dunno, maybe we can do that in a montage.

markuisis 12-01-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can people please stop telling compulsive losers to stop playing poker? It's bad for business. K thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa, u must be a shark

JOHANSON YO 12-01-2007 09:36 PM

but what did you learn?