Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Chris Vaughn BluffMag multiaccounting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556757)

Pudge714 11-29-2007 03:52 PM

Re: Chris Vaughn BluffMag multiaccounting

[ QUOTE ]
IP Ban for trolling please

[/ QUOTE ]
Note this thread has very little do with this thread look at every post he has made in NVG.

burningyen 11-29-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The sites need to outline clear rules and enforce them equally and without bias.

[/ QUOTE ]
You’re not allowed to sell your seat, but you’re allowed to be coached. I agree it’s sort of an arbitrary distinction, but there’s nothing unclear about it. As far as biased enforcement is concerned, I agree that it’s totally [censored] that FTP pros can get away with having other people play on their accounts.

burningyen 11-29-2007 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree with andrew on this, in that sites need to make it ABC to understand the rules. everything is so sketchy and there are no clearly defined lines. when there is no clear rule on how everything plays out, stuff like this happens and will continue to happen until there is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you think there was any doubt in Chris’ or Sorel’s minds about whether what they were doing was against the rules?

philipsaurus 11-29-2007 04:12 PM

naive question:

how do these people buy even accounts. like for example, if i randomly FT the stars mil, would someone AIM or pm me? (prob not bc i play cash primarily)?

given that line of thinking wherein jjprod or whoever doesnt buy accounts off of randoms, is there some sort of guideline set in place? for example, jjprod and account x make a gentlemen's agreement that if account x has z bb's with y players left, then they will sell it? i cant even imagine most mtt regs even wanting to sell their account that deep in the mil

inyourface 11-29-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's it. You know who you are, I know who you are, and if you really have the nerve to keep doing this crap out of greed and disrespect for the rules, then you better at least not tell one [censored] person, because you are putting a lot of faith in your peers right now, and not all of them are as considerate and discreet as I am.

-Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to turn this thread against Jeff but it's ironic and getting annoying seeing him up there on the moral high ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

when did I defend cheaters or keep evidence to myself in this thread? wtf are you talking about, are you serious?

temp Ban for trolling please

[/ QUOTE ]

man, I knew you were stupid but I gave you credit for being able to read at least. If you cant read what you wrote yourself above, I might just give up on life, although I know too many people on here that would get off on that.

Seriously I will spell it out for you.

1. You rant about multiaccounters in the link above
2. you say "You know who you are, I know who you are"
3. ???
4. DUCY

It really isnt hard, and this is like my least trollish post ever. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

jcg2005 11-29-2007 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as far as this topic goes.. i think sites need to make some sort of release, emails, popups when u log in, etc, that clearly define a list of rules. i mean, i signed up for my accounts 3+ years ago, and back then i didnt think that if my computer crashed, and then exploded, if i called my buddy and told him to play my account and finish up the tourney and id ship him a %, it was a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raptor brings up an interesting point.

How many ppl even know or remember the ToS for their main site? I kno when i first started playing poker i just clicked agree.

inyourface 11-29-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IP Ban for trolling please

[/ QUOTE ]
Note this thread has very little do with this thread look at every post he has made in NVG.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://jj.am/gallery/d/43127-1/Microwave_face.jpg

Lol seriously if the Mods of MTTc think I've overstepped the line plz shoot me a PM and I will stay out of the thread but until then I am entitled to post my views.

Zimmer4141 11-29-2007 04:41 PM

Eagles, I think it's ridiculous that you try and defend BluffMagCV on this one. He knew what he was doing, and "reducing variance" is not the issue. The issue is all of the people who thought they were playing a magazine editor for an entire tournament, then all of a sudden are against one of the top tournament poker players in the world. Those people got cheated, and both Sorel and Chris knew exactly what they were doing, and it is ethically wrong. The only people getting hurt by people buying accounts are the people who have an equal opportunity at a big score and choose not to sell their account to a world-class player.

getterdone36 11-29-2007 04:48 PM

who cares the fact is he was asked right after tourny in question and lied, post right here that it was a win on his own accord, goes on radio shows saying he won it all by himself, just like AP and thier lieing ways

ActionJeff 11-29-2007 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's it. You know who you are, I know who you are, and if you really have the nerve to keep doing this crap out of greed and disrespect for the rules, then you better at least not tell one [censored] person, because you are putting a lot of faith in your peers right now, and not all of them are as considerate and discreet as I am.

-Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to turn this thread against Jeff but it's ironic and getting annoying seeing him up there on the moral high ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

when did I defend cheaters or keep evidence to myself in this thread? wtf are you talking about, are you serious?

temp Ban for trolling please

[/ QUOTE ]

man, I knew you were stupid but I gave you credit for being able to read at least. If you cant read what you wrote yourself above, I might just give up on life, although I know too many people on here that would get off on that.

Seriously I will spell it out for you.

1. You rant about multiaccounters in the link above
2. you say "You know who you are, I know who you are"
3. ???
4. DUCY

It really isnt hard, and this is like my least trollish post ever. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize that thread is MONTHS old, has NOTHING to do with this thread, has none of them same people in question, and that the only multiaccounters I knew of when I made that thread all quit, except for one who I did not have the screennames of.... and this thread is about a specific instance of someone buying a seat and what happened afterwards and who was involved, which I am just as in the dark about as everyone else here.

"GIFAFI"

-Jeff

inyourface 11-29-2007 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and that the only multiaccounters I knew of when I made that thread all quit, except for one who I did not have the screennames of....

[/ QUOTE ]

How coincidental, well thanks for clearing that up once you finally understood the question. Guess I got told...

wheelflush 11-29-2007 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
G2cu,
Good post and it was not riddled with spelling errors.

[/ QUOTE ]good post with a couple of spelling errors. i'm not going to nit pick them all. of/have. except/expect.

cheataz 11-29-2007 07:00 PM

hasn't anyone noticed that there hasnt been a replay of this weeks sunday million...like i said earlier

mcfc87 11-29-2007 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
naive question:

how do these people buy even accounts. like for example, if i randomly FT the stars mil, would someone AIM or pm me? (prob not bc i play cash primarily)?

given that line of thinking wherein jjprod or whoever doesnt buy accounts off of randoms, is there some sort of guideline set in place? for example, jjprod and account x make a gentlemen's agreement that if account x has z bb's with y players left, then they will sell it? i cant even imagine most mtt regs even wanting to sell their account that deep in the mil

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently it works something like this

http://www.poker-king.com/poker-king...hp?article=225

jcg2005 11-29-2007 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hasn't anyone noticed that there hasnt been a replay of this weeks sunday million...like i said earlier

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you implying?

A_PLUS 11-29-2007 11:07 PM

Online tournament poker is in very serious trouble. Anyone who still doesn't want to admit it, is either blind, stupid, or cheating.

There was / is too much money to be made for the community to police itself. The anonymity of the internet just assures it will never happen.

Tournaments have been the gateway for all of the fish into online poker. So shut that off, make depsoiting a major hassle, make ever getting your money back a concern (Neteller), add in the fact that poker has lost it's sizzle in popular culture, the golden goose is on life support.

Yeah, really talented players will always have a game to beat, but I hope all of you young guys that postponed your education and careers set yourself up financially.

2 years ago, I could think of 40+ people I knew who played online poker on a regular basis. Now, I know less than 5, and they all are more than competent players.

Tomcruise 11-29-2007 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Online tournament poker is in very serious trouble. Anyone who still doesn't want to admit it, is either blind, stupid, or cheating.

There was / is too much money to be made for the community to police itself. The anonymity of the internet just assures it will never happen.

Tournaments have been the gateway for all of the fish into online poker. So shut that off, make depsoiting a major hassle, make ever getting your money back a concern (Neteller), add in the fact that poker has lost it's sizzle in popular culture, the golden goose is on life support.

Yeah, really talented players will always have a game to beat, but I hope all of you young guys that postponed your education and careers set yourself up financially.

2 years ago, I could think of 40+ people I knew who played online poker on a regular basis. Now, I know less than 5, and they all are more than competent players.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude,join a game right this moment, there are tons of fish, always will be, there is a never ending supply of addicted, terrible players...maybe you're just writing this to make urself feel better bc you suck....the reason i dont know a lotta rec. players now is bc i grad college....i guaruntee every college is full of kids learning bout online poker

apefish 11-30-2007 01:31 AM

Someone who sells their account is cheating every bit as much as someone who buys it.
In both cases they are doing something against t&c's to take money away from their opponents.
It's laughable if anyone says differently.

ActionJeff 11-30-2007 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
naive question:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the guy who writes this blog is seriously completely retarded, how does anyone trust these posts for news or even reliable information?

jwc529 11-30-2007 01:50 AM

I agree, it's pretty bad. It would be like Jerry Yang and Jamie Gold amassing all those chips at the main event then handing them to a Carlos Mortensen, JC Tran, for example.

The money isn't an excuse either since he could have gotten one of his high stakes friends to offer him insurance, based on chip count, players left. If he got that far, why not just finish it himself?

Schneids 11-30-2007 07:55 AM

What if you are playing in an MTT and final table it, are playing, and then receive a phone call from your distraught mother who lives alone saying, "I think I'm having a heart attack... Please please come get me and bring me to a hospital" or something like that which is an emergency and demands you to leave your computer. Is it ok then to enlist a friend to finish the tourney for you? Can you sell them your seat for X amt of $ and let them finish? Can you tell them they get a 10% freeroll on whatever they end up earning you? Or would you really just let your chip stack get blinded out after all that hard work you put into making it that deep?

There are so many grey areas between what you may or may not consider to be morally acceptable for an online MTT. I think some sort of universally accepted guidelines need to be established so nobody inadvertently cheats based on someone else's integrity guidelines.

timex 11-30-2007 08:57 AM

Call a friend to go pick up your mom and pay them a % of what you win ldo

Stoneii 11-30-2007 09:00 AM

If you think your Mother having a heart attack is a grey area then your soul is already lost my friend - If you were at the main event live would you ask her to hold on? terrible post.

LuckyLloyd 11-30-2007 09:34 AM

Look, STEP ONE is for each site to sit down and present a set of draft guidelines for which they request feedback from the players. Then we have a bit of back and forth - then we get something finalised.

This is really simple, let the sites put down a set of rules; and a set of opinions on what they consider to be ethical behaviour by the players. If they do this and are open to feedback a giant leap forward will have been made.

Tamtaram 11-30-2007 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
@Step
I have an apartment in Barcelona. The spanish internet provider Telefonica sucks and I play from my a community pay per search connection. This connection dissapeared when we got HU and I was anable to connect before I was blinded out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you let someone else take over?

jonkeponke 11-30-2007 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if you are playing in an MTT and final table it, are playing, and then receive a phone call from your distraught mother who lives alone saying, "I think I'm having a heart attack... Please please come get me and bring me to a hospital" or something like that which is an emergency and demands you to leave your computer. Is it ok then to enlist a friend to finish the tourney for you? Can you sell them your seat for X amt of $ and let them finish? Can you tell them they get a 10% freeroll on whatever they end up earning you? Or would you really just let your chip stack get blinded out after all that hard work you put into making it that deep?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.lifealert.com/flashbutton...-button_01.gif

inyourface 11-30-2007 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
@Step
I have an apartment in Barcelona. The spanish internet provider Telefonica sucks and I play from my a community pay per search connection. This connection dissapeared when we got HU and I was anable to connect before I was blinded out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably being levelled but w/e

If he lets someone else take over he gets his funds confiscated too after that gets found out, jeez that better be a level or you can't read.

durrrr 11-30-2007 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
@Step

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably being levelled but w/e

If he lets someone else take over he gets his funds confiscated too after that gets found out, jeez that better be a level or you can't read.

[/ QUOTE ]

im almost positive this isnt true... multiple times ive had friends take over for <5min periods until i fixed my internet, and im like 90% that its allowed in the toc of stars/ftp (when theres a justifiable reason, and when its not intended/doesnt result in gaining an unfair advantage). Basically if you dc from a tourny dont get some1 to take over who many people would think is a lot better player than you, and then its clear your not trying to gain an advantage (i always have some donkey like raptor take over so its really clear to sites that my internet mustve went out b/c obv id never let him play).

edit: prob a bad thread to level ppl in but w/e

inyourface 11-30-2007 11:57 AM

^ Lol fair enough, just thought what he was saying what the same as what gets people blacklisted.

I have been known to be wrong!

Rusty Nails 11-30-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look, STEP ONE is for each site to sit down and present a set of draft guidelines for which they request feedback from the players. Then we have a bit of back and forth - then we get something finalised.

This is really simple, let the sites put down a set of rules; and a set of opinions on what they consider to be ethical behaviour by the players. If they do this and are open to feedback a giant leap forward will have been made.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for the other sites, but people who claim that Pokerstars hasn't clearly defined what is allowed haven't read the TOS/tourney rules. And to the OP, yes you are allowed to hand off the tourney if you lose your internet connection.

durrrr 11-30-2007 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for the other sites, but people who claim that Pokerstars hasn't clearly defined what is allowed haven't read the TOS/tourney rules. And to the OP, yes you are allowed to hand off the tourney if you lose your internet connection.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you know where it says this in stars toc mind posting it? i have no idea and im too lazy to read thru all of it anytime soon- although i should.

muxplust 11-30-2007 03:16 PM

gg

Rusty Nails 11-30-2007 03:28 PM

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/rules/

At the bottom are examples of what is/isn't acceptable.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/tos/

Schneids 11-30-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think your Mother having a heart attack is a grey area then your soul is already lost my friend - If you were at the main event live would you ask her to hold on? terrible post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am saying it isn't close and you'd obv help your mom. The Q is then whether you would let yourself get blinded off, or turn your tourney over to someone else to finish? Reading this thread it sounds like a lot of people believe it would be immoral for me to call up one of my many friends who are super good at MTTs and say "how much $$ would u give me to get to finish this out and you keep whatever you get?" It seems like a lot of people believe the ONLY right thing to do would be to let yourself get blinded out, and to me that seems crazy.

So then, if it becomes ok to let someone else finish your tourney in this situation, what type of situations are ok? What aren't?

What if Person A is $25,000 in debt, is close to being evicted, and now finds himself deep in a multi. There are 10 people left, he's 4th in chips, and 1st place is $100,000, on down to 10th being like $3,000. Then, person A has some hotshot say to him, "hey dude, I'll ship you $30,000 right now if you let me finish this one out for you." [lets ignore the fact this is a crazy offer and hypothetically a hotshot great player would probably never make such an offer]. If you're person A and your life is hell and suddenly this guaranteed $30,000 can get you out of debt and give you enough money to prevent getting evicted anytime soon, this would be a tempting offer, right? But this would probably be considered immoral? But yet, it's a decision that can totally change someone's life for the better (much like leaving the tourney to help your mom), so then does it become ok, assuming we accept the mother-situation as being an ok one to sell your tourney seat?

wheelflush 11-30-2007 04:52 PM

funkii is my favorite twins fan in this thread. lol at the eviction and heart attack hypotheticals.

Stoneii 11-30-2007 04:57 PM

I say no its not ok, again live at WSOP - can anyone finish for you if you get such a dreaded call or if you're skint? There's a big lobby to make tourney poker a sport, is there ANY other sport where you could call up someone else to finish a game for you cause yer skint or Mum's dying? No, if your lucks out it's out - you can't introduce degrees of correctness like that as it becomes impossible to police - if it's not on, that's it, everyone knows it, break the rule and risk a life ban imo.

I_AM_EVIL 11-30-2007 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say no its not ok, again live at WSOP - can anyone finish for you if you get such a dreaded call or if you're skint? There's a big lobby to make tourney poker a sport, is there ANY other sport where you could call up someone else to finish a game for you cause yer skint or Mum's dying? No, if your lucks out it's out - you can't introduce degrees of correctness like that as it becomes impossible to police - if it's not on, that's it, everyone knows it, break the rule and risk a life ban imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Live poker and Online Poker are 2 different things. imo

uclabruinz 11-30-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
naive question:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the guy who writes this blog is seriously completely retarded, how does anyone trust these posts for news or even reliable information?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't you bought accounts deep in tournaments in the past? Maybe you can enlighten us on how it works.

inyourface 11-30-2007 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't you bought accounts deep in tournaments in the past? Maybe you can enlighten us on how it works.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://atdpweb.berkeley.edu/brokenlo...ges/ohsnap.jpg

DMBFan4Ever 11-30-2007 07:55 PM

Sorel Mizzi is the prime suspect