Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Week 10 Rank'em (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537935)

MyTurn2Raise 11-08-2007 12:22 AM

Re: Week 10 Rank\'em

ummm....pretty unlikely events or extremely likely considering it was the first time the Buckeyes had seen a defense of any sort under this year's quarterback

I've also shown the math for Kansas ahead of Ohio State numerous times, but most dismiss it

dms 11-08-2007 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ummm....pretty unlikely events or extremely likely considering it was the first time the Buckeyes had seen a defense of any sort under this year's quarterback

I've also shown the math for Kansas ahead of Ohio State numerous times, but most dismiss it

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it involve them running up the score on their terrible opponents? I really don't know much about A&M, but they're certainly not a very good team. Colorado definitely isn't. Not that I'm saying Kansas can't handle them, but with their obvious desire to score a lot of points, the fact that they didn't against 2 sub-par teams...

MyTurn2Raise 11-08-2007 01:13 AM

nevermind...I redid the math
Ohio State is more impressive so far

Kansas would pass them if they both win out as Oklahoma and Mizzou >>>>>> Michigan

lastchance 11-08-2007 01:42 AM

lol.

MyTurn2Raise 11-08-2007 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...last week Kansas was ahead of Ohio State on paper for achievements on the year

however, the Kansas State loss to Iowa State and the poundings Colorado and A&M took really decreased the strength of the schedule faced by Kansas

tOSU has now leap-frogged the Jayhawks in my on-the-field rankings

BigSoonerFan 11-08-2007 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Kansas would pass them if they both win out as Oklahoma and Mizzou >>>>>> Michigan

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm cracking up. I thought it was all about the play on the field?

TomCollins 11-08-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm cracking up. I thought it was all about the play on the field?

[/ QUOTE ]

His ranking system, although it shows who has "overachieved the most", does not represent accomplishments, unfortunately. A 1 point win every week is as good as a 30 point blowout against the same opponents. That dismisses quite a lot of what someone accomplishes "on the field".

mutigers5591 11-08-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's not like Kansas squeaked by anyone...this isn't the 2002 Buckeyes

the only game that was really close was @ K St--big rival on the road--compared to MSU at home for the Buckeyes, which would've gone down to the wire if MSU didn't screw up a scoop and score

Kansas was dominating at A&M and at Colorado---I watched both games since they were on ESPN---I think I was the only one outside of Kansas who did

Kansas has played like a #1 all year....If they were wearing the Oklahoma jerseys, I doubt my opinion would be that controversial at all

[/ QUOTE ]

lol..no