Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The Office Season 4 Ep 4 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526142)

El Diablo 10-20-2007 02:47 PM

Re: The Office Season 4 Ep 4

All,

Best ep of this season.

kyro 10-20-2007 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, the reason i didn't go wild over the whomever scene is that it completely jars with the humour of the show. there has never been a scene written with that rapid fire dialogue from all the characters. i mean is this an office or a quentin tarantino film? you could tell it was written as an almost showoff piece. plus kevin delivered his line like a complete buffoon as always.

the powerpoint scene just before it was far superior.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...congratulations, that's what kevin is.

Yeti 10-20-2007 03:52 PM

yeah i didn't mean that. i just think the actor hams it up too much.

MiloMinderbinder 10-20-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, the reason i didn't go wild over the whomever scene is that it completely jars with the humour of the show. there has never been a scene written with that rapid fire dialogue from all the characters. i mean is this an office or a quentin tarantino film? you could tell it was written as an almost showoff piece. plus kevin delivered his line like a complete buffoon as always.

the powerpoint scene just before it was far superior.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

inferno 10-20-2007 05:20 PM

mozes running next to the car was so money

good epi people

john voight 10-20-2007 05:29 PM

lol i didnt even notice the whom ever scene, it was that unfunny.

way over the top.

i am a fan of the little things like dwights Amish companion.

Jack of Arcades 10-20-2007 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How in the world is that a "little thing"?

Freakin 10-20-2007 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How in the world is that a "little thing"?

[/ QUOTE ]

from the looks of things he's about 5'3"

Yeti 10-20-2007 05:53 PM

mmmm vn

epdaws 10-20-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Best ep of this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not, and it only has three episodes with which to compete.

Unless, of course, your preferred style of humor is the morose, brutally unfunny kind that makes you dislike most of the main characters.

However, the scene with Dwight's cousin running beside the car was funny enough to nearly salvage it. Unreal.

ebranig 10-20-2007 06:00 PM

This ep was the best of the season, perhaps of the last season, too.

I really wish Michael still had his other job. Perfect setting and could have been good for a number of more scenes.

Yeti 10-20-2007 06:01 PM

wtf are you talking about? i swear you guys have bizarre taste. this was the best michael ep in forever. pam and jim were great. jim and dwight scene rocked.

but for future reference diablo pretty much says that in every office thread.

mutigers5591 10-20-2007 07:58 PM

update- rented season two to give the office a shot and i found most of the episodes pretty funny

liked pretty much all the episodes except for the dundees..

dont really know if season two is considered a good season or not but i liked it

MaxWeiss 10-20-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do not compare Michael to Kevin. Kevin is just kept on to entertain viewers under 14. He is beyond retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but he did win a NL 2-7 triple draw event...

wezvidz 10-20-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf are you talking about? i swear you guys have bizarre taste. this was the best michael ep in forever. pam and jim were great. jim and dwight scene rocked.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I don't know if I'm crazy or what but I watched this episode again and it's in my top 5 episodes of the series so far.

Freakin 10-20-2007 08:51 PM

the wild oats bit in this episode was pretty weak

Glo 10-20-2007 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
update- rented season two to give the office a shot and i found most of the episodes pretty funny

dont really know if season two is considered a good season or not but i liked it

[/ QUOTE ]

Of the 4 seasons, 2 was easily the favorite amongst my friends.

MiloMinderbinder 10-20-2007 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the wild oats bit in this episode was pretty weak

[/ QUOTE ]

That was lame imo. Also, Michael being a manager and salesman for so long but being so clueless about finances at the end. And why is Oscar going through his purchases one by one? It was all sort of funny but also confusing: all of a sudden out of nowhere, are we being told that Michael is a shopaholic teetering on the edge of bankruptcy? And what the [censored] is going on with Jan? She was a smart, savvy, sexy member of corporate management for 3 years, but now we're supposed to believe she's an utterly dependent and undisciplined golddigger just because she was fired?

Don't get me wrong. I love this show and enjoy it. But I don't get all the raving love for season 4 by people who think the show is evolving into something much bigger than it is. It's starting to crack at the seams imo as some characters are becoming confusing, and not in a deep, complex way, but rather moving from one shallow stereotype to another. imo

The PowerPoint meeting was the best part of the show. And not coincidentally, it is right in line with the original theme of mocking office dynamics and corporate culture.

PRE 10-20-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of the 4 seasons, 2 was easily the favorite amongst my friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, it was my favorite, too.

But how the hell can you not like the Dundees, it's quite possibly THE BEST Office episode.

chicken10der 10-20-2007 10:48 PM

if you hate the dundees ep, then you'll like season 3 more than season 2.

john voight 10-20-2007 10:58 PM

this episode is easily in my top 3 of the season.

"little things like dwights Amish companion": okey i guess that was a bad example, that was a big thing. I guess expressions on ppl's faces, etc.. is what i was meaning. Not him running alongside car, or taking [censored] in a booth outside.

(although those two scenes were sooooo funny)

Just the fact that this Amish guys is batshit nuts is funny imo. I mean dwight spends his weekends with a nuthead Amish guy.

IMO the mannerisms were performed to perfection in the British series, and really that was a major source of the comedy. The US virsion does a great job in preserving this aspect.

Overall, we might see this episode as "awesome" b/c we have not seen a great episode in quite some time. Only time will tell if this was really as good as we think it is.

d10 10-20-2007 11:56 PM

The whoever/whomever scene was great because it was incredibly fast paced and confusing, so that the only thing that makes any sense was Kelly: "Ryan used me as an object." And you know it doesn't have anything to do with everything else being said. Which is a funny enough line on its own, but I think the rest of the scene highlighted it well. Unless you are a huge nerd and could actually follow everything else, but then I'm sure those people loved that scene for their own reasons.

MiloMinderbinder 10-21-2007 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The whoever/whomever scene was great because it was incredibly fast paced and confusing, so that the only thing that makes any sense was Kelly: "Ryan used me as an object." And you know it doesn't have anything to do with everything else being said. Which is a funny enough line on its own, but I think the rest of the scene highlighted it well. Unless you are a huge nerd and could actually follow everything else, but then I'm sure those people loved that scene for their own reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kelly's line there was gold. Creed's was pretty good too (as usual).

kkcountry 10-21-2007 01:12 AM

i loved this ep, and find it absolutely amazing that this show can be this good week after week, nothing comes close to it.

MaxWeiss 10-21-2007 03:33 AM

Anybody else like Jan? Not madly, but just as a good character. I know a lot of people hate her and want her off the show, but I really like her in it. And it was really neat watching her fall from grace. Plus, she stuck with Michael at the end there--she actually cares about him, it was sweet.

fluorescenthippo 10-21-2007 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this part is fantastic.

rewatching this episode makes me realize how good it is. in the top 5 for sure.

nath 10-21-2007 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, definitely, without a doubt, top 75%.

GSykes 10-21-2007 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, definitely, without a doubt, top 75%.

[/ QUOTE ]

ConstantineX 10-21-2007 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this part is fantastic.

rewatching this episode makes me realize how good it is. in the top 5 for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the best ever, in my top 5 as well.

Favorite scene/line of the night, of course by Creed:
"You don't go by Monopoly, man! That game is nuts - nobody just picks up get-out-of-jail free cards, those things cost thousands!"

chucksim 10-21-2007 01:49 PM

Awesome ep. Best of season, and top 10 ever...more thought and I prob put it in the top 5.

Case Closed 10-21-2007 03:05 PM

I really liked this episode and I enjoyed the emotional parts, I was worried that pam and jim getting together would ruin things but I am enjoying them so far. Although my one gripe is that Kevin is becoming too good whenever he says his lines.

ChuckyB 10-21-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Michael being a manager and salesman for so long but being so clueless about finances at the end. And why is Oscar going through his purchases one by one? It was all sort of funny but also confusing: all of a sudden out of nowhere, are we being told that Michael is a shopaholic teetering on the edge of bankruptcy? And what the [censored] is going on with Jan? She was a smart, savvy, sexy member of corporate management for 3 years, but now we're supposed to believe she's an utterly dependent and undisciplined golddigger just because she was fired?

[/ QUOTE ]

We've known about Michael's money problems for some time. He invited Dwight to move into his condo so he could actually afford it. And Jan becoming a spendaholic is in no way out of line with her full descent into crazy time.

EddieRooo 10-21-2007 04:34 PM

"I got game"

JaBlue 10-21-2007 07:00 PM

does Darryl remind anyone else of ?uestlove?

ClassicBob 10-21-2007 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does Darryl remind anyone else of ?uestlove?

[/ QUOTE ]

racist ban

DrewDevil 10-22-2007 08:34 AM

"It's like going into the Witness Protection Program."

"Exactly." "Not at all."

suzzer99 10-28-2007 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
women be shoppin

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this absolutely KILLED me! It was so out of left field. Stuff like this is what makes the office so great.

(Oops sorry, almost caught up now. Seriously great ep though. )