Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Ask Me About Being a Weatherman (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521123)

SneakyFerret 10-12-2007 11:26 PM

Re: Ask Me About Being a Weatherman

[ QUOTE ]
do you feel a gay person could ever be a successful weather reporter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably....as long as it's not the cockroach guy.

furyshade 10-13-2007 02:22 AM

you ignored my question:(

daryljobe777 10-13-2007 02:36 AM

Any pressure to adopt a more "vanilla" stage name if you want to advance, or nowadays is that not much of a big deal?

Jameso 10-13-2007 03:46 AM

I know a guy in Seattle that used to be on the air and was pretty well liked. He liked being on the air and in front of people, but hated the office politics and make-up. The lead weatherman at his station didn't have a degree in meteorology, is short and makes the camera people shoot up at him, and has it written into his contract that he must personally approve all of the other weather people's vacations. The station tried to fire him many years ago and the public screamed bloody murder, so back he came. How do you feel about that and would it bother you if I asked you to get his autograph for me every time I saw you?

yoshi86 10-13-2007 10:07 AM

Are you a local celebrity? Do people ask you for autographs/take pictures when you are out around town?

CORed 10-13-2007 02:04 PM

In Denver, it seems like every time it snows, the local news people act like it's a natural disaster (to be fair, the effect on traffic often is catastrophic). Now, as most of you probably no, snow is not exactly a rare event in Denver, so I just don't get it. It's winter (or spring or fall), it snows some days. What's the big deal?

Badger 10-13-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What schooling did you do?

Are you afraid that you will be replaced by a hot spanish woman soon?

its basically the easiest job ever right?

[/ QUOTE ]

4 year Atmospheric/Oceanic Sciences degree at University of Wisconsin.

[/ QUOTE ]
When did you graduate? My girlfriend was in this program.

[/ QUOTE ]

May 2007. What's her name?

[/ QUOTE ]
Maggie, she's a short little brown-haired girl. She would have been 2 years ahead of you, but I'm guessing you wouldn't know her, as she switched majors so she could get out of school faster. (She kept failing or dropping her computer science class.)

SneakyFerret 10-13-2007 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you a local celebrity? Do people ask you for autographs/take pictures when you are out around town?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah... too small of a market, but I do get recognized once in a while.

SneakyFerret 10-13-2007 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any pressure to adopt a more "vanilla" stage name if you want to advance, or nowadays is that not much of a big deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know... hopefully not. ALLLLLAH AKBARRRRRRRR!!!!

niss 10-14-2007 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do you feel a gay person could ever be a successful weather reporter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sam Champion has been on the air in NY for years, and I'm pretty sure his homosexuality is a known fact.

So I guess that would be a "yes".

wisehandpoker 10-14-2007 03:03 AM

How did you feel about 'The Weatherman' w/ Nick Cage?

JustinWilliams 10-14-2007 08:10 AM

do you know this man?

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...W/Burgandy.jpg

ChipWrecked 10-16-2007 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Some places are obviously more difficult to forecast for than others. For instance, Las Vegas: easy. Pacific Northwest: hard. New England: kinda hard, but nowhere near as hard as the pacific northwest/colorado.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you would count Northern California as part of Pac NW, then I guess I will ease up on them being so off about when it's supposed to start raining this week.

SneakyFerret 10-16-2007 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How did you feel about 'The Weatherman' w/ Nick Cage?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was hilarious. Also, weathermen don't use teleprompters, it's all adlibbed. Good movie though.

SneakyFerret 10-16-2007 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Some places are obviously more difficult to forecast for than others. For instance, Las Vegas: easy. Pacific Northwest: hard. New England: kinda hard, but nowhere near as hard as the pacific northwest/colorado.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. brutal forecasting area.

If you would count Northern California as part of Pac NW, then I guess I will ease up on them being so off about when it's supposed to start raining this week.

[/ QUOTE ]