Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Stars has STEPS SNGs to the PCA (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520840)

BlueBear 10-15-2007 12:29 AM

Re: Stars has STEPS SNGs to the PCA

[ QUOTE ]
In addition, collusion is more difficult to detect and more difficult to prove, because in satellites even innocent strategy can appear rather odd (for example, folding despite huge pot odds).

[/ QUOTE ]

Extremely true.

dougmanct 10-15-2007 10:16 AM

Re: Step 6 is 18 entries

Jeff,

Thanks for watching and considering the suggestions from the player base. I definately appreciate it.

I agree with the large chorus of folks wanting a somewhat level playing field in the top steps as opposed to having to contend with 5-6 sharks with enormous bankrolls playing every step 6. I also understand the business reasons why Stars may not want to lock them out with a "one package per account" rule or a "no buying direct to step 6" rule.

I propose a middle ground which I think is fair to EVERYONE interested in the steps series from the little fish to the biggest sharks, and I can't imagine it would cost Stars much at all except for perhaps a few hours of a support rep's time...

...a rule allowing a player to exchange 6 step 6 tickets for a PCA package. Stars wins: it gets another player entered into Stars' sponsored event : this is great for Stars. It gives another player a major they can play in and some good word of mouth publicity. The sharks can continue to grind step 6's to their hearts' content for their $W12K.
I can't imagine Stars' cost per ticket exchange request would be more than a few minutes of a service rep's time, or the same amount of time it takes them to do whatever admin work goes with processing step 6 winners. I have to think it's +ROI for Stars.

So what do you say? I think you'd hit a home run with that rule all around, as it's clear to me people are already trying the strategy of building up collections of higher level tickets for future use/speculation. Go with the flow!

Big DP 10-15-2007 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I propose a middle ground which I think is fair to EVERYONE interested in the steps series from the little fish to the biggest sharks, and I can't imagine it would cost Stars much at all except for perhaps a few hours of a support rep's time...

... a rule allowing a player to exchange 6 step 6 tickets for a PCA package. Stars wins: it gets another player entered into Stars' sponsored event : this is great for Stars. It gives another player a major they can play in and some good word of mouth publicity. The sharks can continue to grind step 6's to their hearts' content for their $W12K.
I can't imagine Stars' cost per ticket exchange request would be more than a few minutes of a service rep's time, or the same amount of time it takes them to do whatever admin work goes with processing step 6 winners. I have to think it's +ROI for Stars.

So what do you say? I think you'd hit a home run with that rule all around, as it's clear to me people are already trying the strategy of building up collections of higher level tickets for future use/speculation. Go with the flow!

[/ QUOTE ]

Second this idea!

Let's hear the love!

chesterboy 10-15-2007 11:59 AM

hey stars I really love this structure. I don't play tournaments or on stars much but you will get my business with these!

I would really like you guys to restrict people from winning more than one of these. If I am lucky enough to make it to a step 6 I would prefer to not play a bunch of high stakes sharks.

Would be good for you guys too, way more total players representing stars.

Maybe you could make it so that if someone has already won one, they can't enter, and have to either use their ticket for a cash sng or a wsop sat once they are running?

Would make it much more fun for the bulk of your players.

chesterboy 10-15-2007 12:01 PM

The sharks that are grinding these are just playing for cash anyways, so no harm in sticking them in forcing them to play cash SNG's instead right?

Maybe make a cash version of this too, that grinders can grind to their hearts content.

Pretty pretty please.

M.B.E. 10-15-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Satellite-format tournaments are inherently more susceptible to collusion than tournaments with a laddered payout schedule.

The reason should be obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

could you please elaborate? It is not obvious to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Take my word for it (or not). In this particular case, posting details is not going to be of much help to innocent players but it might help cheaters.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised by this because the part of poker I have had the most success ROI-wise is satellite poker. I don't know if I just adapt to it better than others or what, but it would seem if collusion was prevalant in satellites my ROI would be worse.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never said collusion was prevalent in satellites, merely that satellites are more susceptible to collusion.

99killed 10-15-2007 03:05 PM

we were ITM -top 4- in a step and the chat was disabled for everyone. weird. never saw that before.

preventing collusion?

WutRUTryin2Hit 10-15-2007 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we were ITM -top 4- in a step and the chat was disabled for everyone. weird. never saw that before.

preventing collusion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think so, Stars turns off chat in MTT satellites too quite a while before the bubble, it's a good policy. I've been in sats on FTP where chat is not cut off and people are so bad, they say stuff like "hey if our table all checks down every hand, we all get a seat" and stuff.

Henry17 10-15-2007 03:18 PM

Preventing spontaneous collusions such as calling out a hand or agreeing to check down with someone. People doing actual collusion wouldn't use the chat feature.

I have seen that before but not sure on what site.

M.B.E. 10-15-2007 03:39 PM

I am talking about premeditated collusion, where (for example) two friends in the same tournament are on the phone discussing how to play their hands.

MicroBob 10-15-2007 06:34 PM

right, there's the premediated-with-intent kind and then there's the kind where the main insitgator is so ignorant he probably doesn't even know that telling the whole table to play in such a way is actually not legal.

I agree that Stars' policy of cancelling the chat near the bubble is excellent. I had a situation in a Party tournament many moons ago where a couple of players were telling the entire table what they needed to do. I don't think the people realized that they weren't allowed to talk about such things.
Obviously disabling the chat-feature could have prevented stuff like that.

I definitely think it's good that Stars has done the same thing for their steps just to avoid any possibility of, "you don't have to play any more hands and you can still make it in" and other weird stuff like that.

dahlig763 10-19-2007 01:16 AM

So am I right in thinking that if you win multiple seats and are over 21 that it will basically = a WSOPME seat, and stars will not be able to directly buy in a player. So when a player gets the WSOPME seat he gets paid cash and has to register himself?

billyb 10-19-2007 10:39 AM

Alot of these problems would be fixed by NOT ALLOWING SOMEONE TO WIN MULTIPLES.

If you can only win 1 seat the Sat farmers would go away.

Is the goal to get more people to the PCA or to have people win Multiple seats?

AaronL 10-19-2007 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the current goal is to make stars alot of money on the rake...

Out of curiousity I watched one of the final step sngs last night... alot of big name players are clearly buying into the last step to prey on the soft competition... I don't follow this scene much but I easily recognized 5 or 6 of the players names... hopefully, (although I'm doubtful) pokerstars will do something to limit the satilitte players exposure to these kinds of sharks...

Also, I would really like to see some 1 table sit and gos at the highest level... I would like, like many other players, to have the potential to cycle back into the steps instead of having an 1 in 6, all or nothing, shot at winning a seat after investing as much time as it takes to work your way up to the highest level (if I ever get to that point)...

CharlieDontSurf 10-19-2007 12:59 PM

Stars is going to create a 1 table Level 6. 1st pays PCA prize package and 2-7 will pay $$$

fusting1234 10-19-2007 01:03 PM

So, when the PCA starts and sattys end, what happens to the people still with tickets

1p0kerboy 10-19-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, when the PCA starts and sattys end, what happens to the people still with tickets

[/ QUOTE ]

They are likely to get rolled over into the next Steps promotion, which is probably the WSOP.

pattay 10-19-2007 02:07 PM

stars PLEASE make the step 5's and 6's tickets only, PLEASE, cut down on the dariominierie's and THE_D__RY's and hafizzle's that will eat me alive at them PLEASEEE stars PLEASE OMG i wanna go to the PCA but i cant now cause these players killlll me i just wanna play bad playersssssss like meeee

kleath 10-19-2007 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The level 6s would barely ever launch then, is that preferrable to you? The complaints about L6s are just so stupid, as is first off not all of those "name" players are even +ev in the tournament, 2nd the actual edge possible in that tournament isnt that high. It's laughable that people talk about the L6 shark tanks and then want a flatter payout, aka the sng pros edge gets even larger.

chesterboy 10-19-2007 04:49 PM

stars said they would make a 1 table final step? THat is nice. Anny idea on the payouts?

CharlieDontSurf 10-19-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The level 6s would barely ever launch then, is that preferrable to you? The complaints about L6s are just so stupid, as is first off not all of those "name" players are even +ev in the tournament, 2nd the actual edge possible in that tournament isnt that high. It's laughable that people talk about the L6 shark tanks and then want a flatter payout, aka the sng pros edge gets even larger.

[/ QUOTE ]

it makes plenty of sense. People who bother to try and work their way up from Level 1 would like to get something if they make it to a Level 6 and don't finsh in the top spots. Instead of getting nothing. It also gives them more incentive to keep playing the STEPS and reach Level 6.

I doubt that matters as much to people who buy in at Level 5 or 6. But the STEPS were created for the people who buy-in at Level 1 and 2

hammond 10-19-2007 05:06 PM

I'm waiting on 1 table step 6's and I think a lot of other players are too. Not to beat down who ever came up with the step system but making step 6 two tables was a horrible idea.

CharlieDontSurf 10-19-2007 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stars said they would make a 1 table final step? THat is nice. Anny idea on the payouts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like they are planning on doing
1st: PCA
2nd: $1500
3rd: $1500
4th: $1000
5th: $1000
6th: $500
7th: $500

nyc999 10-19-2007 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The sharks who buy-in at L6 are going to abuse players approaching the 8th place bubble.

pattay 10-19-2007 06:28 PM

lol at worrying about a 500 place payout for a 2k sitngo, but i hope there are plenty of people like this

GSykes 10-19-2007 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at worrying about a 500 place payout for a 2k sitngo, but i hope there are plenty of people like this

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure there will be a few who get all the way for 7.5

CharlieDontSurf 10-19-2007 06:45 PM

Ya lol people seem to not realize that these STEPS were created for the Level 1 and 2ers not the Level 6ers.

$7.5 or $27 to $500,$1000,$1500,$12K will make plenty of people happy and they'll keep playing the STEPS over n over

AaronL 10-19-2007 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... I was hoping they would keep the money in the steps pool by offering tickets back to the lower finishes...
But whatever, this is still obviously better then the current system and probably keep some of the sharks away as the probably won't like the ultra flat payout structure...
Eating up players trying to inch into the money in 8th is better then eating up the players trying to when a seat for finishing third...

1p0kerboy 10-19-2007 07:38 PM

Question:

Each one of these steps is having rake sucked out of it.

Are frequent player points being awarded?

sfwusc 10-19-2007 08:37 PM

It looks like they are giving FPP for the rake. Look at tournament info on the step lobby screen.

1p0kerboy 10-19-2007 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like they are giving FPP for the rake. Look at tournament info on the step lobby screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I see it now.

MicroBob 10-21-2007 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did Stars say this somewhere? It's not on their site as best I can tell.

WutRUTryin2Hit 10-21-2007 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious on this too. Even though they did say on 2plus2 at one point that they were strongly considering adding 1 table step6s very soon, I actually was starting to get the feeling they may not, cause the 2-table ones are still going off at a pretty steady pace, a lot more than I would have guessed. I am curious to see what happens, I'd prefer a 9man personally, but I'll play an 18man if I have to when I play one.

CharlieDontSurf 10-21-2007 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PSBryan was the one that posted that payout structure in the MTTC thread in part because of the request on 2+2 other forums,email etc. I think they will probably keep both teh 18man and the 9man listed above but i assume eventually the 18 man would become obsolete.

Also someone started a thread/poll in MTTC about Sunday Million STEPS so feel free to post your thoughts in it if u would want those available

MicroBob 10-21-2007 02:41 AM

Didn't think to look in MTTC. Thought perhaps you had seen this info in SNG forum but didn't feel like trying to find it. I assumed you didn't just make up that prize-structure out of nowhere but was curious where you heard it. Will check out the MTTC thread.

GSykes 10-21-2007 07:13 AM

New 6A Step available.

SHIP THAT

Shock 10-21-2007 10:54 AM

sweet, great job PS

MicroBob 10-21-2007 12:28 PM

Yippee!!!!

See you guys in the Bahamas...after I win my trip of course.

1p0kerboy 10-21-2007 12:44 PM

I played in my first one this morning.

I really like the new step 6.

duke300 10-21-2007 01:24 PM

If anyone wants to buy $175 W dollars for $150 for these PCA tourneys let me know. dukee300 on pokerstars