Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Mod Loses Prop Bet, Won't Respond To Me (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518032)

Diomed 10-09-2007 12:02 AM

Re: Mod Loses Prop Bet, Won\'t Respond To Me

See here is my problem with all of this. He's posting about his sports wagering and general discussion and avoiding this all when he should be taking care of his responsibility. I mean it's clear he is not "working" right now if he is posting on here.

STA654 10-09-2007 12:10 AM

This happened to me when I was in high school.

Made a bet on a sporting event, won, guy never paid, nothing I could do.

Just gotta move on and only make bets with people you trust and hope they don't value money over their word.

kyleb 10-09-2007 12:11 AM

I just got home 10 minutes ago. The Indians won the series. I won a huge bet on Dallas ML with a friend.

Calm. Down.

Diomed 10-09-2007 12:15 AM

I don't know if you checked this thread or not but I have the overwhelming support of the people here in this regard.

Fortunately in this situation you can't tell me to do a damn thing. Your reputation is on the line here and it looks like its already been greatly questioned.

Diomed 10-09-2007 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for blowing everything way out of proportion for absolutely no reason. I've always paid my bets and didn't realize you needed $200 to eat this week - what the hell is the rush?

As for your multiple IM windows the other day when you were drunk, I certainly did not see them until much later. I had hide windows on and was working for several hours straight.

Do me a favor and never talk to me again. Expect the FTP transfer shortly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh finally I got a PM response about the whole ordeal. It rings of classiness

kyleb 10-09-2007 12:18 AM

Money sent.

primetime32 10-09-2007 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah diomed don't worry dude you are not out of line at all

[/ QUOTE ]

Prop bets should always be paid same day or as close as possible. To wait 9 days (or even more) is inexcusable.

gumpzilla 10-09-2007 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you checked this thread or not but I have the overwhelming support of the people here in this regard.

Fortunately in this situation you can't tell me to do a damn thing. Your reputation is on the line here and it looks like its already been greatly questioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, chill out. While you are more or less in the right -- posting this thread at this point in time was probably questionable given the implied content of your discussion with adanthar -- the more noise you make at this point, the stupider you look. If you don't get paid in the next 24-48 hours or so, then you can start squawking again.

EDIT: Posting PM's in the thread isn't exactly a classy move, either. You both look like douches in the end, so congratulations.

Diomed 10-09-2007 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, chill out. While you are more or less in the right -- posting this thread at this point in time was probably questionable given the implied content of your discussion with adanthar -- the more noise you make at this point, the stupider you look. If you don't get paid in the next 24-48 hours or so, then you can start squawking again.

EDIT: Posting PM's in the thread isn't exactly a classy move, either. You both look like douches in the end, so congratulations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I'm sorry. How long should I have waited? The bet was made 2 1/2 months ago. The bet was finished over 7 days. The guy never responded to a PM and always changed the topic when I did talk to him on AIM.

The victim is always at fault somehow huh?

Also I think in light of everything that happened in this thread I think it is perfectly relevant to post that..... ONE SINGLE PM.

Diomed 10-09-2007 12:25 AM

Also no money in FTP yet so... once it posts, lock it up

DamitBob 10-09-2007 12:28 AM

Gump,

Who made you hall monitor? I think you are trying to see how many times you can say "douche" in a thread.

The guy got paid. Good for him. "more or less right?" WTF are you talking about? Hes 100% in the right.

El Diablo 10-09-2007 12:31 AM

http://www.imgred.com/http://www.kic...ets4/kgb50.jpg

primetime32 10-09-2007 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't be more wrong.

Do you think its a coincidence that payment was made the same day this thread got started?

Conspire 10-09-2007 12:32 AM

So is this dramabomb over yet?

Diomed 10-09-2007 12:34 AM

Payment confirmed. Thank you kyleb and more importantly thank you BBV for the support.

LOCK IT UP

kyleb 10-09-2007 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think its a coincidence that payment was made the same day this thread got started?

[/ QUOTE ]

It actually is, but blah blah Kyle's a liar and so forth and blah blah unsubstantiated Internet attacks on my character. This is why I'm not engaging any of you in debate - when the groupthink focuses on one viewpoint, there's basically no recourse.

I could have backer X and person I lent money to Y post here and vouch for me, but what's the point? You'll just shred them to bits and call them shills.

This will be the last time I post in the thread. Hope you all had fun. I need to go collect my huge Diamondbacks/Indians/Cowboys winnings now.

ebepse 10-09-2007 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to go collect my huge Diamondbacks/Indians/Cowboys winnings now.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre cool

and btw you spelled hudge wrong

gumpzilla 10-09-2007 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gump,

Who made you hall monitor? I think you are trying to see how many times you can say "douche" in a thread.

The guy got paid. Good for him. "more or less right?" WTF are you talking about? Hes 100% in the right.

[/ QUOTE ]

adanthar suggests upthread that OP wait until Wednesday to post. adanthar was going to try to talk to kyle in the interim. Thus, this likely would have been resolved without the public drama, and so I'm inclined to view the drama as largely drama for its own sake. That's the basis of my comment. Diomed's later posts in the thread just make him look a little silly and shrill to me, but to each his own, I guess.

NajdorfDefense 10-09-2007 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Prop bets should always be paid same day or as close as possible. To wait 9 days (or even more) is inexcusable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chump Change 10-09-2007 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for blowing everything way out of proportion for absolutely no reason. I've always paid my bets and didn't realize you needed $200 to eat this week - what the hell is the rush?

As for your multiple IM windows the other day when you were drunk, I certainly did not see them until much later. I had hide windows on and was working for several hours straight.

Do me a favor and never talk to me again. Expect the FTP transfer shortly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh finally I got a PM response about the whole ordeal. It rings of classiness

[/ QUOTE ]

dont post PMs

do you know what the [censored] akronym stand for?

Diomed 10-09-2007 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gump,

[/ QUOTE ]

adanthar suggests upthread that OP wait until Wednesday to post. adanthar was going to try to talk to kyle in the interim. Thus, this likely would have been resolved without the public drama, and so I'm inclined to view the drama as largely drama for its own sake. That's the basis of my comment. Diomed's later posts in the thread just make him look a little silly and shrill to me, but to each his own, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually adanthar told me that maybe I should wait till wednesday not for him to talk to him but because he thought epassporte was closed on the weekend. In fact he never mentioned that he was going to talk to him but that he would allow the post if the facts were true and he advised if anything wasnt that I would live with the consequences.
So yes, I did jump the gun. But kyle had enough time to reply to me before I even contacted adanthar about possibly posting this thread. And to stir the pot when threads start showing up about how someone is winning 5 figures on games but can't take two minutes to respond to a PM but can read it, I'm not going to wait forever.
In the end this thread accomplished its purpose. In the future I will do prop bets on escrow with trusted peeps.

Ty, gg

otis_nixon 10-09-2007 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It actually is, but blah blah Kyle's a liar and so forth and blah blah unsubstantiated Internet attacks on my character. This is why I'm not engaging any of you in debate - when the groupthink focuses on one viewpoint, there's basically no recourse.

I could have backer X and person I lent money to Y post here and vouch for me, but what's the point? You'll just shred them to bits and call them shills.

This will be the last time I post in the thread. Hope you all had fun. I need to go collect my huge Diamondbacks/Indians/Cowboys winnings now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you actually put that guy off for 40 days all the while claiming you were just trying to line up the money?

Alobar 10-09-2007 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you effed this one up. Quit the stupid excuse making and the "I dont care what you think, I have people that can vouche for me, blah blah blah" stuff.

Be a man, admit you screwed this up, stop making excuses, and learn from the mistake like a mature person would. You'll come off waaaaaaaay better than the way you are now. It's ok to make mistakes and screw stuff up, thats how most people learn. Just dont be one of those idiots that thinks their [censored] dont stink and they are never wrong, and who in the face of overwhelming criticism think its everyone else who is being retarded or out of line or wrong.

primetime32 10-09-2007 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this ironic, funny or sad?

I_am_smrt 10-09-2007 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this rediculously hypocritical, funny, sad or all of the above?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. & lock in D, all of the above.

beset 10-09-2007 03:34 AM

I may have missed the party on this one but I just wanted to say that I have owed money to and been owed money by kyle on many occasions over the last couple years and he is one of the few people that I never worry about not paying me. I do think it's important to pay bets on time--I just know that I personally have made mistakes on this kind of stuff before usually because of just being absent-minded or a little checked out. Kyle is a trustworthy person and myself and others have been involved in loans and business deals involving fairly significant amounts of money and I don't know anybody that would seriously question whether he would make right on a prop bet or a debt.

Kyle is an avid prop better and I've seen him take beatings on prop bets and never hesitate to pay in any way. He is an honorable gambler and I have no doubt the delay in payment here was done without malice.

The sale of the web sites and so forth is a major derailment. I don't have first hand knowledge of the transaction but I don't really see how a business deal falling through and a 7 day delay in paying a penny ante prop bet do anything but act as pathetically insufficient grounds for attacking a person's credit and trustworthiness, valuable assets in this world we live in.

Though I would need to defer to other's more qualified and wise then myself, I strongly suspect some of the statements published in this thread could form the foundation of a colorable tort claim in certain states.

MrFeelNothin 10-09-2007 03:39 AM

Lets focus on what is important here at 2p2.

Bigger concern:

Health and Fitness mod is untrustworthy,

or

Health and Fitness mod is fat and can't motivate himself to win a fitness prop bet.

Hmmm....

apefish 10-09-2007 04:45 AM

Just throwing this out there... is there any way Blutarski can get blamed for this?

I_am_smrt 10-09-2007 06:39 AM

wow did that dude really just threaten to sue someone?

Ace-King 10-09-2007 07:16 AM

Looks like 2+2 has a new Grimstarr

jfish 10-09-2007 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm, today does sound a lot like 'wednesday' which is when I said you should post this, after I had time to get in touch with kyleb and hopefully clear this up privately.

unfortunately, it turns out it's still 'monday' after all. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

mntbikr15 10-09-2007 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got home 10 minutes ago. The Indians won the series. I won a huge bet on Dallas ML with a friend.

Calm. Down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus H Christ!

Bet thats a week overdue>Bet going on....regardless of the amount.

You are a terrible excuse for a person whos word means ANYTHING and should DEF be booted from the mod program.

mntbikr15 10-09-2007 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Though I would need to defer to other's more qualified and wise then myself, I strongly suspect some of the statements published in this thread could form the foundation of a colorable tort claim in certain states.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz

JMa 10-09-2007 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

otis_nixon 10-09-2007 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I may have missed the party on this one but I just wanted to say that I have owed money to and been owed money by kyle on many occasions over the last couple years and he is one of the few people that I never worry about not paying me. I do think it's important to pay bets on time--I just know that I personally have made mistakes on this kind of stuff before usually because of just being absent-minded or a little checked out. Kyle is a trustworthy person and myself and others have been involved in loans and business deals involving fairly significant amounts of money and I don't know anybody that would seriously question whether he would make right on a prop bet or a debt.

Kyle is an avid prop better and I've seen him take beatings on prop bets and never hesitate to pay in any way. He is an honorable gambler and I have no doubt the delay in payment here was done without malice.

The sale of the web sites and so forth is a major derailment. I don't have first hand knowledge of the transaction but I don't really see how a business deal falling through and a 7 day delay in paying a penny ante prop bet do anything but act as pathetically insufficient grounds for attacking a person's credit and trustworthiness, valuable assets in this world we live in.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me it doesn't really matter if he's been honorable most of the time all that matters is the one or two times he welched... geez making this guy plead in an internet forum for a measly $200 and on top of that making a deal to buy a business, then backing off for 40 days and saying "oops sorry", man that is so sick and unethical. He's obviously guilty considering he resorts to "Whatever, you guys say what you want to say, I know the truth."

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly suspect you are wrong and that's just a [censored] retarded thing to say. Seriously.

DamitBob 10-09-2007 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz

[/ QUOTE ]

Defendent DamitBob and his unnamed business will be sued by Plaintiff kyleb and his unnamed business?

Thread lawyer. hahahaha. Go back to filing paperwork tort boy. I'm sure kyleb appreciated you and Dids sticking up for him. Its now 92-2.

suzzer99 10-09-2007 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Calm. Down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I'm not sure you could come off any worse in this thread.

beset 10-09-2007 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz

[/ QUOTE ]

Defendent DamitBob and his unnamed business will be sued by Plaintiff kyleb and his unnamed business?

Thread lawyer. hahahaha. Go back to filing paperwork tort boy. I'm sure kyleb appreciated you and Dids sticking up for him. Its now 92-2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow reading comprehension is not a strong point of the neanderthals in this thread. While a heightened ability to make assumptions is.

My point in a nutshell is simply that if you are engaging in financial transactions with people that do not go smoothly and their is bad blood and so forth, publishing your vitrol and un cited accusations of bad credit and scumminess is very risky. You don't know who could be reading this and what the future consequences of your statements could be.

It is imprudent to air our your grievances in this manner in a public internet message board. I think any lawyer in the world would advise you against it or atleast require that you post full support included non-confidential e-mail conversations, chat logs, etc. And if you think the point about your identity and the business not being named is relevant you are even more of a waste of my keystrokes then I originally assumed. Want to prop bet on an o/u on how many hours it would take a qualified lawyer/PI team to know everything there is to know about you?

beset 10-09-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

To me it doesn't really matter if he's been honorable most of the time all that matters is the one or two times he welched... geez making this guy plead in an internet forum for a measly $200 and on top of that making a deal to buy a business, then backing off for 40 days and saying "oops sorry", man that is so sick and unethical. He's obviously guilty considering he resorts to "Whatever, you guys say what you want to say, I know the truth."

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your point. Offering up my personal experience of Kyle and my own opinion of his credit in the community does not directly address what caused this thread.

It should be viewed as simply more evidence of why this approach to the problem seems imprudent and unnecessary to those who know Kyle. Any benefit this type of public scourging gives to the micro-limit prop better who rightfully wants to get his due could have probably been obtained successfully without potentially damaging attacks on a fellow member of the community. Also, I find it a little bizarre that the poster was given a clear (and very wise in my opinion) time-line by the forum mod which he violated with impunity. I know it is the aim of the mods to keep this kind of personal financial business out of the forums for legal reasons. If the mod here set up a strict timeline he felt ameliorates the unnecessary train-wreck factor and he was disrespected by the making of this thread--why was it not immediately pulled?

There was a time where I would have been fine with this approach to alleged welching but after clocking 4 years in this business dealing with this kind of stuff day in and day out, this kind of behavior in this thread just strikes me as immature, pointless, damaging and counter-productive.

In the sports betting world for example, the books, sharps and syndicates use mediation and established industry watchdogs to facilitate the resolution of disputes quietly. Only once things reach a certain level does the public lambasting begin. There are sound reasons for this. LOL all the [censored] you want. Adanathar was trying to create our own version of that by his directive because he clearly has a clue.

beset 10-09-2007 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, you are an affiliate who tried to cash-in. The deal fell through. If you don't really care all that much about the money and sites are profitable for you, then your only purpose is to make sure thousands of people are told they should not trust a particular individual without substantiating the basis for that assertion with any kind of showing that carries any weight. This is careless, irresponsible, imprudent and unkind. Typical behavior of course for no-class over-stimulated internet dorks.