Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   John Esposito Repeats Challenge (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=448213)

David Sklansky 07-12-2007 04:42 PM

Re: John Esposito Repeats Challenge

[ QUOTE ]
This from the other thread was bogus I assume:

"poker bob in responce to your insults let me start by saying it was not my intenttion to hit on your friends as you put it i am twice there age and very happily married so i will apoligize to them at this time if that is what they thought i don"t think they did please choose your words wisely in the future when speaking about me the reason i did not wait and post the money was because i was not going to be mentaly and physically sharp the followind day it take us older guys a little longer to recover after a night of partying. but if you still would like to play a heads up match i am not a hard man to find i will be out of town until mid augest but feel free to look me up whenever you have the time and money oh one more thing i wonT need to get a 20 man team to raise the money any game anytime good luck to all of you"

[/ QUOTE ]

As of now I don't know.

EWS87 07-12-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As of now I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]
nice contribution

David Sklansky 07-12-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As of now I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]
nice contribution

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody asked me a question and I answered it rather than ignoring it. Is everybody on this forum a complete lunatic?

I probably can find out John's phone number and get you the answer soon. My inclination is that the post WAS legit since it repeated the words he said to me (about not needing a bunch of people to raise the money).

SGspecial 07-12-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As of now I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]
nice contribution

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody asked me a question and I answered it rather than ignoring it. Is everybody on this forum a complete lunatic?

[/ QUOTE ] obv

Phresh 07-12-2007 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is everybody on this forum a complete lunatic?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Stoneflip 07-12-2007 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As of now I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]
nice contribution

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably can find out John's phone number and get you the answer soon. My inclination is that the post WAS legit since it repeated the words he said to me (about not needing a bunch of people to raise the money).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sklansky is a rider for not banning people and putting up with people constantly attacking him on his own forum. David, I respect the tolerance you show in running this forum.

ReptileHouse 07-12-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is everybody on this forum a complete lunatic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, yes.

By the way, you have no idea how tempting it was to be an ass and say, "LDO, DUCY?" or some other thing like that instead. :P

suzy89222 07-12-2007 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dont think john is a pushover. he has played high stakes holdem limit and no limit for many years and was very successful.
all poker players have big egos and most over estimate their edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

so true!

Chomp 07-12-2007 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As of now I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]
nice contribution

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SSQ?

KittyKat 07-12-2007 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also crane those who know me know i'm v v v much a nit and not a gambler. That should tell you something.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. I played the WPT table game with Schneids once, he insisted on flopping a full house or a flush on every hand and wouldn't even drink while he did it.

72off 07-13-2007 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[...]Is everybody on this forum a complete lunatic?[...]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Go [censored] yourself."

Just kidding, please don't ban.

illguitar 07-13-2007 07:57 PM

Any updates on CMO's ME chip count?

Schneids 07-13-2007 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to pokernews, bust 199th today.

StueyIvey 07-13-2007 09:20 PM

Esposito will crush these foos.

88jayhawks 07-13-2007 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Esposito will crush these foos.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope

mrjetguy 07-13-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As of now I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]
nice contribution

[/ QUOTE ]
Better contribution.

^^(Best contribution)

PokerBob 07-15-2007 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to pokernews, bust 199th today.

[/ QUOTE ]

And he said to me that he won't play the match within the next two weeks unless it is for $500K.(Understandably, the guy wants to spend some time at home.) Not that Esposito would ever agree to that, as the guy balked at $100K.

daryn 07-15-2007 01:11 PM

so..

set it up for 500

PokerBob 07-15-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so..

set it up for 500

[/ QUOTE ]

i am sure we could, at least on our end. but the guy ran out on $100K. why would he suddenly play for $500k???

King Fish 07-16-2007 01:26 AM

Don't know Espo's HU limit game that well, but he is tasty tasty in NL and SH NL. His poker ego is far, far larger than his poker mind. Very easy to exploit, and easy to control.

kahntrutahn 07-16-2007 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so..

set it up for 500

[/ QUOTE ]

i am sure we could, at least on our end. but the guy ran out on $100K. why would he suddenly play for $500k???

[/ QUOTE ]

If it goes down for 500k, would someone please PM me, I want a sizeable piece.

PokerBob 07-16-2007 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so..

set it up for 500

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it goes down for 500k, would someone please PM me, I want a sizeable piece.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of us believe that it will not happen, but I will make sure that this thread stays fresh in everyone's minds. Esposito does not get a walk on this one.

szw 07-16-2007 06:12 AM

How often do challenges like these get thrown around with high stakes players?

PokeReader 07-16-2007 07:52 AM

If you want to put more pressure on him, you should pitch covering the "grudge HU match" to some poker journalist one of you is friends with, the same way the Erik123 vs. Liz Lieu was covered. I would think this would fall right into the glimpse into the real poker world kind of article that magazines value. Once you have someone interested, call and tell him, and if he balks you can say that they might be committed to write an article even if there is no match, (spreading the word of his welshing far and wide).

(If there was guaranteed media coverage it would either drive him further away, or force him to play, depending on his ego, which you will be better able to assess that I).

W brad 07-16-2007 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to put more pressure on him, you should pitch covering the "grudge HU match" to some poker journalist one of you is friends with, the same way the Erik123 vs. Liz Lieu was covered. I would think this would fall right into the glimpse into the real poker world kind of article that magazines value. Once you have someone interested, call and tell him, and if he balks you can say that they might be committed to write an article even if there is no match, (spreading the word of his welshing far and wide).

(If there was guaranteed media coverage it would either drive him further away, or force him to play, depending on his ego, which you will be better able to assess that I).

[/ QUOTE ]

There are tons of poker blogs out there. Send a message with a link to this thread to every respected poker blog out there and more people will hear about this.

rafiki 07-16-2007 09:55 AM

^^^yes !

David Slongsky 11-26-2007 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
^^^yes !

[/ QUOTE ]

TropAndEastern 11-28-2007 03:31 PM

rafiki 11-28-2007 05:30 PM

haha nice bump. He pussied out large eh ?

PokerBob 11-29-2007 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
haha nice bump. He pussied out large eh ?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

Schneids 11-29-2007 03:27 AM

Mr. Esposito, many of us Minnesota boys will be in Vegas some of December. FYI.

Shandrax 11-29-2007 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I told him tonight that there was a thread about him here claiming he reneged on a 100K head up match, he said he would still be glad to play the match. Since I barely skimmed the thread myself, someone will have to fill me in with the details if they still want the match to happen.

To be more precise, I need to have one of those who are still interested in playing him to PM me with enough information to get the ball rolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

David, are you getting any juice for arranging those matchups? First the Tran story and now this...

bicyclekick 11-29-2007 06:21 AM

Surely we've given you enough time to prepare. Lets play.