Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   rogue mods again (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=414478)

El Diablo 05-31-2007 03:08 PM

Re: rogue mods again

All,

On a serious note, it's sorta crazy that this thread has gone from "wtf, mods stop f'ing around w/ user titles" to "is someone a bunch of people have interacted with and some people have become friends with still alive?"

That should serve to put all of this crap in perspective.

kyleb 05-31-2007 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes. meanwhile ryan you out there?

i think it's a good idea, but i need approval from mason, etc.

and i seriously fear that [censored] may be dead

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] isn't dead, he just owes me $300.

MEbenhoe 05-31-2007 03:18 PM

Anybody know Jeremy's real full name? I'd think using that you could do a pretty good search of public court records and obituaries/death notices/whatever to figure out if either of those two is the case.

MrWookie 05-31-2007 03:20 PM

[censored]'s MySpace: www.myspace.com/jeremy7321

The good news is that he last signed on there April 24 2007.

I suppose that also might be the bad news, but that's presumably more recent than any of us have heard from him.

Dynasty 05-31-2007 03:21 PM

I don't know Jeremy's last name. But, somebody who does could do some Google searching in the Seattle(?) area newspapers for information.

Mat Sklansky 05-31-2007 03:26 PM

jeremy hansen

kyleb 05-31-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know Jeremy's last name. But, somebody who does could do some Google searching in the Seattle(?) area newspapers for information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Portland.

MrWookie 05-31-2007 03:30 PM

His MySpace puts him in Albany, OR.

durron597 05-31-2007 03:36 PM

i was just talking to somebody about jeremy yesterday. this somebody said that jeremy paid back a small but not insignificant amount of money back to them on full tilt a few days ago. they think that jeremy just got bored with 2+2 but is worried because they never see jeremy on gtalk anymore.

next time i see this person online i'll ask them to give more details if they have them (they know jeremy much better than i do)

also if anyone talks to wacki regularly i think he might be someone who has heard from jeremy recently if anyone has

edit: i should add that jeremy didn't actually say hello on aim or anything... just the money appeared in the account

diebitter 05-31-2007 03:40 PM

that's good to hear. Me and [censored] have little love for each other these days, but we were pretty friendly once, and I'm glad he's okay.

To introduce a note of optimism, maybe he's in love?

Jurollo 05-31-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His MySpace puts him in Albany, OR.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know he lives in Portland. I lived there for a while and we had talked about the city a lot.

MrWookie 05-31-2007 04:43 PM

Albany OR is about 70 mi south of Portland, just south of Salem. It's not inconceivable that he's either moved south a bit or hung out in Portland a lot, since it's probably cooler than Albany.

Dids 05-31-2007 04:44 PM

I thought the prevailing rumor was that he found a girl and was off being in love and ignoring the internet.

MrWookie 05-31-2007 04:49 PM

It certainly might be. I did send him a "Hey, are you alive?" sorta message on MySpace. I did notice he had a few really cute girls posting to his blog. Hopefully he's doing well.

El Diablo 05-31-2007 05:15 PM

mods,

Who gave greg nice his custom title?

jman220 05-31-2007 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody know Jeremy's real full name? I'd think using that you could do a pretty good search of public court records and obituaries/death notices/whatever to figure out if either of those two is the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone can get me Jeremy's full name, and his DOB, I can find out whether or not he's in jail.

Edit: I see we've got his full name further up, anyone have his DOB?

Edit Edit: Although, I've had some long conversations with censored on IM, and I just don't think he's in jail (that doesn't necessarily mean he's dead either), but I'd be really surprised if he did something so serious that it caused him to get arrested and get put in.

durron597 05-31-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone can get me Jeremy's full name, and his DOB, I can find out whether or not he's in jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

nov 27, 1975

jman220 05-31-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nov 27, 1975

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, thanks, I'll see what I can turn up.

citanul 05-31-2007 11:26 PM

A couple quick notes,

1) A brief scan of the "who's online" listing for custom titles yielded about 35% custom titles with notes, 65% without. I'm sure some of my oldest titles are un-noted, and some of these are clearly old. However several of the notes included comments from other mods saying "Who gave this guy a custom title?" This is pretty sad. There really shouldn't be custom titles without a note on some guy with a page and a half of notes about what a [censored] poster he is. Personally I'm all for nuking such custom titles, especially if they are only a regular poster in your forum and you've had nothing but trouble from them. (I speak specifically of Snowball, a bbv regular.)

2) Man I hope Jeremy is OK.

3) If I could choose only one thing to change the power of the moderators, it would be that we would be able to perform "IP checks" for ourselves. I don't need the ability to do an IP ban, but it would be really nice to be able to figure out who trolls are, quickly, and not have to keep either a mental or physical list of IP addresses you've had trouble with previously. I find that dealing with people with 73 accounts is incredibly annoying, whether they are outright trolling or doing lesser garbage, it would be nice if the hundred of us could access this information without having to go through the 2 admins.

4) (3) said, if there were a way of making a handful of "mod pluses," who would have some admin like powers but not all, I think that would make things easier.

5) While I'm honored that someone said I would make a good admin, and think I would do a fine job, and think that at least one more person of the above mod level is necessary (2 bosses for 100+ mods?! there's just too much rote clerical stuff and such for that to make sense...), I couldn't do it if it was wanted of me. I just don't have the time these days. I would gladly help out as a "mod plus" or something, but I wouldn't be able to put in the hours I'd feel were required as an admin.

6) Mat, I'm glad you liked my previous post. I'm undecided if I really need to write up more than I put there to say what I think about stuff, but at some point I probably will.

7) Woo final exam completed, nap completed, Wii ordered, Job as researcher at the Becker Center offered, ship it.

c

StellarWind 05-31-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be discussing it with Ryan. I welcome pms on the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have about 100 mods but virtually no tools in your software for monitoring their actions.

No amount of new admins is going to fix this fundamental problem. You've outgrown the security features of the current software and that is all there is to it.

The good news is the problems you have been experiencing are basically trivial. It's amazing when you think about it that you have managed to assemble a hundred strangers over the internet and the mischief they have been creating is so insignificant.

You guys really are a good group of people.

adanthar 06-01-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be discussing it with Ryan. I welcome pms on the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have about 100 mods but virtually no tools in your software for monitoring their actions.

No amount of new admins is going to fix this fundamental problem. You've outgrown the security features of the current software and that is all there is to it.

The good news is the problems you have been experiencing are basically trivial. It's amazing when you think about it that you have managed to assemble a hundred strangers over the internet and the mischief they have been creating is so insignificant.

You guys really are a good group of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. It's a miracle the boards are this well run and have this few problems, really. I mean, let's put this in perspective - this is a board about an occupation that makes hundreds if not thousands of posters six, sometimes seven figures a year...and we have almost no really bad trolls/moderation is mostly smooth despite the fact that we can't even run freaking IP checks, and there's no one guy that can probably even name 50% of the mods offhand. Seriously, this board does more with less than anywhere else I've ever seen.

EMc 06-01-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple quick notes,

1) A brief scan of the "who's online" listing for custom titles yielded about 35% custom titles with notes, 65% without. I'm sure some of my oldest titles are un-noted, and some of these are clearly old. However several of the notes included comments from other mods saying "Who gave this guy a custom title?" This is pretty sad. There really shouldn't be custom titles without a note on some guy with a page and a half of notes about what a [censored] poster he is. Personally I'm all for nuking such custom titles, especially if they are only a regular poster in your forum and you've had nothing but trouble from them. (I speak specifically of Snowball, a bbv regular.)

2) Man I hope Jeremy is OK.

3) If I could choose only one thing to change the power of the moderators, it would be that we would be able to perform "IP checks" for ourselves. I don't need the ability to do an IP ban, but it would be really nice to be able to figure out who trolls are, quickly, and not have to keep either a mental or physical list of IP addresses you've had trouble with previously. I find that dealing with people with 73 accounts is incredibly annoying, whether they are outright trolling or doing lesser garbage, it would be nice if the hundred of us could access this information without having to go through the 2 admins.

4) (3) said, if there were a way of making a handful of "mod pluses," who would have some admin like powers but not all, I think that would make things easier.

5) While I'm honored that someone said I would make a good admin, and think I would do a fine job, and think that at least one more person of the above mod level is necessary (2 bosses for 100+ mods?! there's just too much rote clerical stuff and such for that to make sense...), I couldn't do it if it was wanted of me. I just don't have the time these days. I would gladly help out as a "mod plus" or something, but I wouldn't be able to put in the hours I'd feel were required as an admin.

6) Mat, I'm glad you liked my previous post. I'm undecided if I really need to write up more than I put there to say what I think about stuff, but at some point I probably will.

7) Woo final exam completed, nap completed, Wii ordered, Job as researcher at the Becker Center offered, ship it.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

WRT to 3:

The only good thing in teh new software was that it appeared mods had this power.

diebitter 06-01-2007 09:54 AM

I like citanul's mod plus idea. Citanul seems to know his stuff. I could also help there as I am technically proficient in some useful areas (web/javascript/databases/sql), and would be happy to get to grips with vBulletin when we move to it if it helps. But if you want just one, citanul is probably the best bet.

If you need one mod plus for more admin-like duties, I nom Mike Haven. He has a straight and uncondescending way with people, much like Ryan and Mat.

Jim Kuhn 06-01-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you need one mod plus for more admin-like duties, I nom Mike Haven. He has a straight and uncondescending way with people, much like Ryan and Mat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we could find a better choice for an additional admin than Mike! That is not to belittle the other candidates but I don't know them as well as Mike. I work with Mike on a a daily basis and converse with him at least weekly. He has a great common sense approach and a very effective way of 'coaching' mods to perform a better job.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

kyleb 06-01-2007 03:28 PM

Mike would be a good choice, as would Diablo, obviously.

Performify 06-01-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored], who keeps giving out custom titles like candy??

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

no mods notes of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
mods,

Who gave greg nice his custom title?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I'm trying to get anyone in trouble, but from the thread, a certain beedog takes credit.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

That thread is BBV gold though...

citanul 06-01-2007 04:52 PM

Performity,

Wow, that makes 2 custom titles given by Dcifr in 24 hours, to the same guy, without making a note either time. Impressive. I'm willing to assume all problems are Dcifr's fault if you guys are. Problem solved. Someone just chastise him or something.

GrannyMae 06-01-2007 08:24 PM

did I start this this with my fire us all comment?

El Diablo 06-02-2007 05:34 AM

GM,

Don't worry, I will rehire you!

GrannyMae 06-02-2007 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GM,

Don't worry, I will rehire you!

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, i think YOU started this in your reply to my 'fire us all' post.

El Diablo 06-02-2007 03:40 PM

GM,

Grand plan, baby, grand plan.

Dynasty 07-08-2007 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the prevailing rumor was that [censored] found a girl and was off being in love and ignoring the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't one of [censored]'s alternate accounts Jeremy517? Or, am I confusing that account with some other Jeremy account?

If so, he's been posting regularly for 2.5 months.

durron597 07-09-2007 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the prevailing rumor was that [censored] found a girl and was off being in love and ignoring the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't one of [censored]'s alternate accounts Jeremy517? Or, am I confusing that account with some other Jeremy account?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 95% sure that Jeremy517 is not censored. Basically censored would have had to make a second AIM name and lied to me about who he was to pull it off.

Dynasty 07-09-2007 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 95% sure that Jeremy517 is not censored. Basically censored would have had to make a second AIM name and lied to me about who he was to pull it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, what's his account that has Jeremy in the title? He definitely has one. He used it to mod OOT in '05.

durron597 07-09-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, what's his account that has Jeremy in the title? He definitely has one. He used it to mod OOT in '05.

[/ QUOTE ]

i want to say jeremy1921 but thats probably wrong, it was 4 digits for sure though

MrWookie 07-09-2007 09:07 PM

It was Jeremy7321. It's the same as his MySpace page. In other news, when I went to look that up, I saw that he signed into his MySpace account TODAY, serendipitously. I suppose it might be a next-of-kin or something, but I'd say there's a good chance he's still alive and not in jail.

Mat Sklansky 10-12-2007 02:25 PM

His page: http://www.myspace.com/jeremy7321

is now gone

Mat Sklansky 10-12-2007 02:26 PM

And as long as I'm thinking about bad news. Anybody know what's happening with Felicia?

*TT* 10-12-2007 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And as long as I'm thinking about bad news. Anybody know what's happening with Felicia?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. She is getting better. That woman keeps dancing with the devil - and she keeps winning. Go girl! -
Link to Felicia's blog

FeliciaLee 10-14-2007 11:40 AM

I am getting better. Thanks for asking about me, Mat. This has been a long, rough road, and I have doubts that it is my last brush with pancreatitis, but I can always hope.

With some good luck, I should be back within a month or two.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]