Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The Malloreon: GAME THREAD and FINAL ROLE DESCRIPTIONS (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=255916)

BluffBlank 11-09-2006 02:22 PM

Re: The Malloreon: GAME THREAD and FINAL ROLE DESCRIPTIONS

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.wtemby.com/pog/bobo.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

LuckayLuck 11-09-2006 02:22 PM

BobO: [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
wdcbooks

(Yes, I actually do buy it. Serious vote)

dmk 11-09-2006 02:23 PM

durron,

are you seriously evil this game? i thought you said you could read me and all...

BobOjedaFan 11-09-2006 02:26 PM

Sometimes I do my best for the team but it just isn't enough...

http://profile.ak.facebook.com/objec...5447_37049.jpg

Zurvan 11-09-2006 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bob

Good summary.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zurvan, that is exactly what is happening. If you don't think I'm right, you're either evil or highly incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I said it was a good summary.

Meaning accurate to the actual events in the game.

durron597 11-09-2006 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
durron,

are you seriously evil this game? i thought you said you could read me and all...

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, that's why you're evil

you're playing day 1 nothing like the last two games you were good

BobOjedaFan 11-09-2006 02:32 PM

Sorry Zurvan, though you were being sarcastic

durron597 11-09-2006 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In other, far more disturbing news, durron and I agree. Again. Two games in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, except I was wrong last game [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

dmk 11-09-2006 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
durron,

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, that's why you're evil

you're playing day 1 nothing like the last two games you were good

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what you said in the last turbo we played together. and i was good. and you were evil. go figure.

Stephen H 11-09-2006 02:42 PM

This game is going to revolve around Cyradis...but not for a few more days, at least. I think we have a little while before we have to worry about Cyradis taking over (God help us all if it's someone like Shortline), and in the meantime we need to be playing our standard WW game. The more information we get from more trustworthy sources than Cyradis, the better.
For today, I think books is evil. I was leaning evil before BobO went off on him, and I think he's more evil with each post he makes responding to BobO. It pains me a little bit to be agreeing with BobO, but BobO going nuts on someone is not a sufficient reason for me NOT to vote them.

My thoughts on BobO is that he's likely either a standard villager, or evil with Books. With this many evils, they could easily stage a day 1 confrontation like this (or even have it unplanned - BobO loves to wing it).

Cook the Books

durron597 11-09-2006 02:44 PM

can some people who think wdc is evil please explain to me why? kthx.

Zurvan 11-09-2006 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have Bobo who's so good at this game he can figure everything out in one post.

Luckay who's so busy dangling from Bobo's nuts he can't think for himself.

And then there's Stephen - don't know what's up with him.

I don't really get this books thing either.

Dmk is a way better choice.

wdcbooks 11-09-2006 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Durron, I would appreciate the same. To be honest my role is good, but boring and I thought a confrontation with Bobo might keep everyone's interest. I actually tend to think Bobo is not evil, and that is part of the reason I wanted to get him riled up. I can spot the honestly worked up Bobo vs. the faking it Bobo.

durron597 11-09-2006 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We have Bobo who's so good at this game he can figure everything out in one post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a wolf in All Star 2 also.

dmk 11-09-2006 02:48 PM

yes, i'm a way better choice...right...

care to explain why? doubtful...

durron597 11-09-2006 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're taking the game way too seriously day 1. you're never this serious day 1.

dmk 11-09-2006 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're taking the game way too seriously day 1. you're never this serious day 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was your EXACT (possibly verbatim) same logic in the last turbo we played together. again, you were evil and i was good...i could go look up the exact verbage if you care...

BobOjedaFan 11-09-2006 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Durron, I would appreciate the same. To be honest my role is good, but boring and I thought a confrontation with Bobo might keep everyone's interest. I actually tend to think Bobo is not evil, and that is part of the reason I wanted to get him riled up. I can spot the honestly worked up Bobo vs. the faking it Bobo.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your 'serious' vote on me earlier was intended to make me think you were evil. You thought I was a good guy before I even posted on the thread. I had 0 posts at the timr you voted for me. But you thinking I was good, tried to get me riles up with that vote. OMG If you dont die today the village should hang itself.

Zurvan 11-09-2006 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. This is not your villager game. It's obviously different.
2. You've never tried to provoke me to get angry as a villager, or even suggested it's a good idea.

durron597 11-09-2006 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this was your EXACT (possibly verbatim) same logic in the last turbo we played together. again, you were evil and i was good...i could go look up the exact verbage if you care...

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone always says it's so easy to figure out whether i'm good or evil, lol

dmk 11-09-2006 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. This is not your villager game. It's obviously different.
2. You've never tried to provoke me to get angry as a villager, or even suggested it's a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. see my response to durron. i don't even have a non-villager game because other than 24, when i was basically afk the entire time, i can't think of another long-game i was an evil role
2. i don't exactly understand when i provoked you this game? i was merely suggesting that its an inevitability that someone will get into a huge argument with you and it'll be zurvan vs ?? for about 3 days straight. you are awfully defensive about a very light-hearted comment...

durron597 11-09-2006 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So your 'serious' vote on me earlier was intended to make me think you were evil. You thought I was a good guy before I even posted on the thread. I had 0 posts at the timr you voted for me. But you thinking I was good, tried to get me riles up with that vote. OMG If you dont die today the village should hang itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

queue tokyo plz

bobo, that reasoning is crap and you know it, the game does not revolve around you

Zurvan 11-09-2006 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. see my response to durron. i don't even have a non-villager game because other than 24, when i was basically afk the entire time, i can't think of another long-game i was an evil role
2. i don't exactly understand when i provoked you this game? i was merely suggesting that its an inevitability that someone will get into a huge argument with you and it'll be zurvan vs ?? for about 3 days straight. you are awfully defensive about a very light-hearted comment...

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Right, but you do have a very clearly defined villager game. This is not it
2. I haven't done that in a few games, and it's entirely unlike you to say something like that.

dmk 11-09-2006 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone always says it's so easy to figure out whether i'm good or evil, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

who says that? i'd love to hear their opinions right now actually

LuckayLuck 11-09-2006 02:55 PM

Strategy discussion:

Side note - I don't feel bad about discussing any of this because evils have a masonry which I'm sure they'll be discussing this themselves, and neutrals have a masonry also and they are likely to know anything I know already.

ABOUT MENGHA
For reference: [ QUOTE ]
Mengha: Grolim Priest: Power: Summoning. May summon a demon any night or day. He must give the demon 3 targets. The kill will be rand()ed between his 3 targets and himself, giving him a 25% chance of death on any given summoning. Polgara is immune to this kill. If he targets Polgara and her name is rand()ed, he is banished back to hell along with his demon. (i.e., he dies)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that it is too risky for Polgara to use this ability unless he is on the ropes with suspicion. 25% to die is pretty huge in a game where it is unlikely that we will find him. I could be very wrong as an always-use-the-ability plan is not out of the question too...then again, a never-use-the-ability plan is not terrible. However, it's obvious that he will use it if he's about to be lynched. Ultimately, I don't believe Mengha will be a big force in this game, my best theory is that he will use the ability once before he gets lynched.

About KAL ZAKATH:
You're a pawn in this game. A frickin' pawn. You have no control over who you win with, and you will be put on whichever team is losing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This is why you need to not use your Imperial Privilege until you are switched. If you use it, you will benefit the dark side - and thus, you will imbalance the game in favor of the dark side - and thus, you will be converted to good and screw yourself. You will not be using your ability at all.

ABOUT CYRADIS:
Likely to not appear to either side for the couple first days to get extra peeks. Will turn Zakath to good if he is on the lynch wagon, but will not if evil is losing.

Cyradis is currently more likely to help the good side than the bad side. This is because Cyradis would like to keep the game as balanced as possible, and not have to use her Kal Zakath get-out-of-jail free card.

This game will come down to the wire. We're ultimately all pawns of Cyradis, running hot early will be good. If we run cold, we will probably be forced to 50-50. And yes, I think there's a good chance of Cyradis winning.

Theory:
The good news for village is there is no chance of disastrous defeat. The worst-case scenario for us is probably a 50-50. Then again...maybe the most likely case for us is probably a 50-50 tie. I cannot possibly think of a way the village can achieve better or worse than 50-50. I actually think that Cyradis has the most likely chance of winning. It is probably best for us to throw around ideas before we have to think of this when it does come down to us being in Cyradis' debt and following her like pawns.

Good power roles need to stay alive and mess with the math of Cyradis is the only solution. So far, I can only think of one way for good to avoid a Cyradis win / 50-50 village win:

1. Not have any power village roles die. Cyradis then cannot afford to side with either side.

All the power characters need to stay alive, except Beldin, Poledra, and Durnik. These good power characters are nice, but relatively worthless.

Poldera SEEMS powerful, but then again, the information that she has of 3 power characters is not that good because anytime that she would want to reveal that info is anytime that the character him/herself would reveal the info.

Beldin is just cute. So is Durnik. I assume the neutrals will come out around days 3-4 depending on which side is running especially cold/hot.

Silk/Liselle is pretty strong. It's good for village for them to get along, let's hope Liselle lucksacks into Silk. Silk obviously cannot come out at all though, because he is valuable late-game to throw off vote counts for Cyradis.

Theory 3:
If Cyradis ever sides with evil, it means that Cyradis has won.

That was a long post, TLDR.
It didn't say much anyways.
Basically: power good roles need to stay alive. ESPECIALLY our seer, our one-time angel, our secret voter, and our assassin.

Cyradis wins if she ever sides with evil. All the posts about how village just needs to run hot are wrong - if village runs hot, Cyradis sides with evil, village will eventually not run hot, evil will catch up. And what's especially bad if Cyradis sides with evil is that she will oust the power village roles first, because anything that messes with vote count is bad for her.

Need more plans for preventing a 50-50 win from village. This is the worst and best case scenario that I can think of so far, for BOTH sides in fact. I've ran through so many scenarios, and Cyradis can turn the tides so fast that the game will nearly always end in Cyradis victory.

Village's enemy is not necessarily "Evil" -- it is preventing Cyradis from moving us like pawns.

Zurvan 11-09-2006 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never missed durron day 1 when he was evil. So far, he seems good.

dmk 11-09-2006 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Right, but you do have a very clearly defined villager game. This is not it

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently I don't...

[ QUOTE ]

2. I haven't done that in a few games, and it's entirely unlike you to say something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a much more logical response than saying that I'm a wolf trying to provoke you or some BS like that...

durron597 11-09-2006 02:57 PM

yeah, lucky's not evil and he's not cyradis.

chuckleslovakian 11-09-2006 02:57 PM

If there was ever a post that immediately makes me think someone is a villager, that was it by Luckay

durron597 11-09-2006 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never missed durron day 1 when he was evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

average speed 6 (you thought i was evil when i wasn't)

LuckayLuck 11-09-2006 02:58 PM

ok guys, I have a plan.

Village should aim to lynch VILLAGE today. We NEED Cyradis to be on our side in order for any chance of victory.

wdcbooks 11-09-2006 02:58 PM

Ok, last time I am addressing this.

This wasn't some grand plan I had before the game began. Here was my exact thought process, step by step.

1. Cool Malloreon is up, I should post.

2. I hate first posts because I usually have nothing to say. Who should I vote for first?

3. Mmmm . . . I could vote for Bobo, but then he always accuses me of being evil.

4. Then again I don't really care if Bobo thinks I am evil because everyone ignores him anyway and it might even work to my advantage.

5. Vote Bobo.

6. Mess with Bobo.

durron597 11-09-2006 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok guys, I have a plan.

Village should aim to lynch VILLAGE today. We NEED Cyradis to be on our side in order for any chance of victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, lucky's not evil, not cyradis, and no one's hacked his account.

durron597 11-09-2006 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, last time I am addressing this.

This wasn't some grand plan I had before the game began. Here was my exact thought process, step by step.

1. Cool Malloreon is up, I should post.

2. I hate first posts because I usually have nothing to say. Who should I vote for first?

3. Mmmm . . . I could vote for Bobo, but then he always accuses me of being evil.

4. Then again I don't really care if Bobo thinks I am evil because everyone ignores him anyway and it might even work to my advantage.

5. Vote Bobo.

6. Mess with Bobo.

[/ QUOTE ]

and i think you wouldn't think this way if you were evil. thus, i still think bobo is wrong.

LuckayLuck 11-09-2006 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok guys, I have a plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is that durron-speak for my plan is genius?
Anyways durron, I think you're a villager.
DURRON

BluffBlank 11-09-2006 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok guys, I have a plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

plus he taps for both white and blue mana.

durron597 11-09-2006 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

is that durron-speak for my plan is genius?
Anyways durron, I think you're a villager.
DURRON

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
LuckayLuck
BobO Junior

[/ QUOTE ]

LuckayLuck 11-09-2006 03:01 PM

actually, I don't want to vote durron out if he's a villager. He probably has more ingenius ways to mess with math.

Amplify

We can't afford an UTR villager in the end-game. This is the best case for Cyradis.

LuckayLuck 11-09-2006 03:02 PM

Durron - if you can think of a better plan to avoid Cyradis winning and village only have a 50/50 shot, be my guest and tear apart my crazy plan.

Maybe I'm the only sane one here.

sighing 11-09-2006 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If there was ever a post that immediately makes me think someone is a villager, that was it by Luckay

[/ QUOTE ]
Tend to agree with your statement, though not with his conclusions.

Obviously there's a way for the village to win: FIND THE WOLVES.