Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   what aba20 can do in a day... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=188034)

Georgia Avenue 08-16-2006 06:30 PM

Re: what aba20 can do in a day...

Look, I'm impressed...but I'd be more impressed if I could see this guy's:

1. Watch
2. 18 y.o. Girlfriend
3. Rims
4. PBJ cashout card

Instead, I just see charts. And graphs. Not that baller. Get going kid.

aba20 08-16-2006 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look, I'm impressed...but I'd be more impressed if I could see this guy's:

1. Watch
2. 18 y.o. Girlfriend
3. Rims
4. PBJ cashout card

Instead, I just see charts. And graphs. Not that baller. Get going kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

1) I don't own a watch

2) I like late 20's workout chicks

3) I drive a 1994 lexus which is missing a hubcap

4) I have never played blackjack online

I guess I am a failure at what really matters in life.

tom10167 08-16-2006 06:34 PM

Damn you have all the good things going for you.

ES300?

Claunchy 08-16-2006 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3) I drive a 1994 lexus which is missing a hubcap

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF. Go take 2 buyins and buy yourself a ballamobile.

g-p 08-16-2006 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there is no substitute for running well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why you always write stuff like this. It makes you look very jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]
but writing this makes you sound too defensive...obv you are running well to have that sort of day and you had to run well to move up so fast. you must be a good player but you can't deny the facts.

Keepitsimple 08-16-2006 06:48 PM

I dont know how many hands aba has played but I dont think its impossible at all to move up that fast and still run normal. 1 million hands should be enough if you are a great player.

ggbman 08-16-2006 06:57 PM

On a serious note, you seem incredibly groudned despite your immense respect. Props for that, i think it's awesome.

vikefan24 08-16-2006 07:26 PM

1/10 on the balla scale.. You're going to need to fix that.

fsuplayer 08-16-2006 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a serious note, you seem incredibly groudned despite your immense respect. Props for that, i think it's awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

i almost used google to figure out what 'groudned' meant until i looked again and realized it was just a typo.

DWarrior 08-16-2006 10:09 PM

lol @ Matusow

ddubois 08-17-2006 12:05 AM

Cmon, this guy wasn't really playing $50 NL a year ago, was he?

Taylor Caby 08-17-2006 06:25 PM

all (especially the few naysayers),

I've been playing the high stakes internet games for about 2+ years now, and I would say Brian is one of the top 5 players I've ever played against, period. Many have come and gone, with 1, 2, even 3 month sick runs. Aba will winning at the high stakes poker games as long as he wants to be. He doesn't seem to have any gambling leaks, and doesn't tilt too often either.

People should learn from him, rather than criticize. He is still a student of the game (flattering that he still watches CardRunners videos), even though he is better than practically everyone on the net (maybe everyone???). Those who have negative things to say should reconsider, especially if they hope to achieve some of the things he has.

tc

KingDan 08-17-2006 06:35 PM

Before this thread, I was content with winning a few grand. Now I am unsatisfied, and feel very poor.

You win.

tehox 08-17-2006 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why you always write stuff like this. It makes you look very jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty easy to understand. He knows it upsets you.

TheWorstPlayer 08-17-2006 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty easy to understand. He's very jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

tehox 08-17-2006 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty easy to understand. He's very jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's safe to say we're all very jealous [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

KingNeo 08-17-2006 08:43 PM

I am jealous.

tubasteve 08-17-2006 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

baronzeus 08-17-2006 09:37 PM

i find it hard to be content with my monthly wins when someone is making so much more. i guess this means lambo for me, bugatti for you [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

anyways man, i wish you the best. i know you think im a NL donk and that im not worth your time, but ive improved a bit and think im good enough to get away from shortstacking these high limits.

also id like to say that im impressed with both you and durr's abilities to get away when the game is getting bad/things arent going away. signs of true winners and world class players, and certainly a quality that I lack in LHE.

neverforgetlol 08-17-2006 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

BLdSWtTRs 08-17-2006 10:03 PM

I am very suprised by SBRugby's success. I always thought of him as a tight weak player at 10/20 NL that couldn't win unless he had a hand. I haven't played with him in a long time so he could have very well improved a lot by playing the great HS players but I wouldn't make any strong assertions either way until somebody is up 200 or more buy ins their given game.

If I wasn't a US citizen I might play those games. In those huges games I could imagine a scenario winning $ 5 million one year and paying over $2 million in taxes and then being down 4 million another year. And its tough when you have to keep over $500k online at all times.

When everyone is really good its seems like the good players are just flipping coins against eachother and its more gambling then investing.

neverforgetlol 08-17-2006 10:22 PM

what does citizenship have to do with it?

Charmer 08-17-2006 10:40 PM

Taxes, apparently.

neverforgetlol 08-17-2006 10:49 PM

i don't really get that though, wouldn't the expected winnings make up for the tax loss? well they'd have to.

TheWorstPlayer 08-17-2006 10:51 PM

not year on year. although i dont see how he wouldnt be a big winner if he used good game selection. but possibly not a bigger winner than in his current games.

Charmer 08-17-2006 10:51 PM

Well I would say yeah, but in the scenario he presented, because taxes are paid yearly, he ended up down 1m over two years.

tehox 08-18-2006 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am very suprised by SBRugby's success. I always thought of him as a tight weak player at 10/20 NL that couldn't win unless he had a hand. I haven't played with him in a long time so he could have very well improved a lot by playing the great HS players but I wouldn't make any strong assertions either way until somebody is up 200 or more buy ins their given game.

If I wasn't a US citizen I might play those games. In those huges games I could imagine a scenario winning $ 5 million one year and paying over $2 million in taxes and then being down 4 million another year. And its tough when you have to keep over $500k online at all times.

When everyone is really good its seems like the good players are just flipping coins against eachother and its more gambling then investing.

[/ QUOTE ]

200 buyinns at 100/200 = 4 million dollarzzz! Anyways I am a low baller and obv can't comment on aba'a abilities/skills. Obv we will prob all know a year from now. I would say this that I think moving from 2/4 to 100/200 in 6 months is f*cking sick anyway you slice it and I hope aba keeps it up.

La Brujita 08-18-2006 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger. 08-18-2006 01:40 AM

I think a lot of the hate and skepticism comes from the fact that nobody from 2p2 really knows him. If Schneids came in a posted about winning a lot of money in a short period of time everyone would be congratulating him on his success because he is active amongst 2p2ers outside of this forum and he has a lot of friends who are glad to see him succeed. But instead of that we have a bunch of mid limit NL players who don't know [censored] about anything oozing with jealously and hatred because they'll never ever be as good as him.

thatpfunk 08-18-2006 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of the hate and skepticism comes from the fact that nobody from 2p2 really knows him. If Schneids came in a posted about winning a lot of money in a short period of time everyone would be congratulating him on his success because he is active amongst 2p2ers outside of this forum and he has a lot of friends who are glad to see him succeed. But instead of that we have a bunch of mid limit NL players who don't know [censored] about anything oozing with jealously and hatred because they'll never ever be as good as him.

[/ QUOTE ]

it takes some real talent to be able to type so coherently with abas balls in your mouth. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

testaaja 08-18-2006 02:35 AM

This must be
http://www.kerrolisaa.com/kuvat/excellent.jpg

Keepitsimple 08-18-2006 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it takes some real talent to be able to type so coherently with abas balls in your mouth. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I cant help myself but thats god damn funny. No offense to aba or sponger.

tehox 08-18-2006 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL no one is hating and literally I think noone is unhappy to see him succeed. Seriously read the posts. People have just said that in order to move from 2/4 to crushing 100/200 in 6 months you have to run good. Actually Schneids posted several times in these threads saying the same.

Sponger. 08-18-2006 02:59 AM

That burn was so good that if I didn't actually know Thatpfunk, I probably would have had to dedicate my life to tracking him down and killing him.

Sponger. 08-18-2006 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL no one is hating and literally I think noone is unhappy to see him succeed. Seriously read the posts. People have just said that in order to move from 2/4 to crushing 100/200 in 6 months you have to run good. Actually Schneids posted several times in these threads saying the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong! You really don't have to "run good" if you're actually that good, you just have to play. You don't think that the best NL players online could take a 20 buy in bankroll at 2/4nl and move up to the highest games online within six months if they were completely deciated to this task?

Also, if you can't spot the hate in every thread that aba20 posts about his results it looks like you need to read the posts better than I do.

tehox 08-18-2006 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong! You really don't have to "run good" if you're actually that good, you just have to play. You don't think that the best NL players online could take a 20 buy in bankroll at 2/4nl and move up to the highest games online within six months if they were completely deciated to this task?

Also, if you can't spot the hate in every thread that aba20 posts about his results it looks like you need to read the posts harder than I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong! You really don't have to "run good" if you're actually that good, you just have to play.You don't think that the best NL players online could take a 20 buy in bankroll at 2/4nl and move up to the highest games online within six months if they were completely deciated to this task?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my main point would be that this isn't true.

Secondarily, PLZ do research b4 you post. I read all the threads today. 95%+ people patting aba on the back. Snagglupuss and others only semi-hate by suggesting that aba is running good. Certainly not ooziing with jealousy.

I quote Schneids from one of the threads(is he a hater too?)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know you, I hear you're an awesome guy, but this statement is ludicrious.

Trust me when I say you're running above average the last six months.

[/ QUOTE ]

edited to add FU sponger I just spent the last 20 minutes rereading the threads. No hate! Everyone saying aba plz let me suck your balls! Snaggle puss prob semi-jokingly saying wow you're running really good! Aba being a big bitch about it and getting attention for it. Other people kind of siding with snaggle puss but certainly not hating on aba. Again FU I wanted to go to sleep plz read threads b4 you respond! Seriously quote all the "hate" you seem to pick up on that I must miss by just skimming over the posts. FU! (just to clarify b/c I am not impressed with how "hard" you read. I did not skim the threads. I read them thoroughly. PLZ quote what I must have missed.)

Schneids 08-18-2006 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, if you can't spot the hate in every thread that aba20 posts about his results it looks like you need to read the posts better than I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possible, yes. Likely, no. It all totally depends on how you run when you initially make each jump in stakes. You get creamed once or twice when you move up to a new game, and it'll side track you a LOT and slow you down from moving up soooo much.

I'm not knocking aba's game at all as he surely is a top NL player. It's just, he's been fortunate enough to run good at the right times and when he does run bad (as i'm sure he has at some points, hence, why he asserts he has not ran overly well) it is at points in his transitions where his roll can handle it. Also, what he has said is his largest downswings thus far, are small in comparison to other top NL player's worst swings. Again, more evidence he has ran HOT this year.

Saying someone runs hot shouldn't be taken as a diss on them.

[censored], I'm the PPM champ. I ran hot there. OK? It's not a diss if someone says I ran hot and that helped me win it. Sure, I also played well, but I ran hot. OK.

Pyro12345 08-18-2006 04:04 AM

Oh my [censored] god

Chump Change 08-18-2006 08:27 AM

This thread turned into a heated argument. That sucks.

Man, I thought I put in marathon sessions but ABA is like a damn kenyan with these marathons.

He's still sitting at the 100/200 PLO table. He's been sitting on 3/4 buyin profit for awhile, but that's still 15k, not bad.

Anybody know who triplewitch is? He made some sick nasty bluff pickoffs in the few minutes I was watching; on the river, scary boards, with one pair pickoffs. He's sitting with 6 buyins. I'm impressed.

Saying somebody runs good isn't a dis, most players can't profit and capitalize on their good runs. They don't even notice them. You still have to be a very good player to take advantage of the good runs.

Chump Change 08-18-2006 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It all totally depends on how you run when you initially make each jump in stakes. You get creamed once or twice when you move up to a new game, and it'll side track you a LOT and slow you down from moving up soooo much.

[/ QUOTE ]