Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Election! - The Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307361)

Voj 01-16-2007 02:09 PM

Re: Election! - The Game Thread

Huh, well-known posters seem to have an advantage in this game.
I don't think I'd be a good choice for an early electorate anyway.
Still I did well later on the few games I had played and since I'm village I shall at least keep the right to become an electorate later.

Are you still ok for an exchaneg of votes clown ?

dmk 01-16-2007 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Server ate my post. So instead, I'll just say that it's snowing here, and that's pretty rare.

I don't have a good wolf list yet, but I'm working on it. Let's just say for now I'm not in agreement with Luckay about Zurvan.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, thats good enough for me right now

vote stephen

ScottHoward 01-16-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I'd be a good choice for an early electorate anyway.
Still I did well later on the few games I had played and since I'm village I shall at least keep the right to become an electorate later.

Are you still ok for an exchaneg of votes clown ?

[/ QUOTE ]
add voj to my nonsupport list.

CPFB 01-16-2007 02:24 PM

lynch 2+2 servers

I'll support any of the following candidates:
Luckay
Zurvan
Herbie

One thing I don't want to see this game degenerate into is the "cool kids" club completely dictating every lynch for the whole game. (I understand that this is kinda the point. I don't anticipate being on the electorate, but I really would like to have some sort of positive influence on the game.)

For now, support luckay

ScottHoward 01-16-2007 02:26 PM

ive added dmk because normally I would have suspected him of wolfness already. its odd that i haven’t, im suspecting that’s because hes a wolf. that’s quite a paradox!

nonsupport list:
xorb
bram
valenzuela
zurv
traz
voj
dmk

xorbie 01-16-2007 02:31 PM

if the servers go down at 10:30 how do we go about voting? this seems like its bound to happen at least once.

dmk 01-16-2007 02:43 PM

why hello there SH!

Spook 01-16-2007 02:44 PM

I will be looking for another villager tomorrow to trade votes with. As I believe that it is in the best interest of the village to have as many villagers have electoral qualifications as possible.

I am out for a bit with the server being a punk.

fnord_too 01-16-2007 02:52 PM

servers are pissing me off.

I support IY.

As other's have stated, it is important to get get good people in the electorate pool.

Vanillagers are a minority in this game.

I kinda like that voting block coming out, pm from leader thing, but I think it has some holes.

wdcbooks 01-16-2007 02:55 PM

I am pretty dead certain that Clown and Luckay are villagers. Electing villagers takes precedence over everything else.

Lock my vote with Clowntable.

amplify 01-16-2007 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just like real life.

I also support dmk

aaronk56 01-16-2007 02:57 PM

I would be willing to support anyone who will elect Clowntable today.

With the way the server's are working, I think we're holding this election in Florida.

metsandfinsfan 01-16-2007 02:58 PM

support luckay

Scotthoward is another candidate i would support, as well as WDCbooks and DMK.

I hate to put traz, shortline, or xorbie on the electorate this early ... and i also doubt that the electoral college lynches them this early .... which is why this game is real interesting

With 9 wolves, there is a decent chance that we put two wolves in the electoral college .... but since there actual votes have to be public, it will be interesting how it works.

Luckay, are you willing to vote with your constitutients or will you vote on your own?

Boiler_bd 01-16-2007 03:00 PM

Everyone knows that today traz will be elected and will probably decide the lynch. Later on I want people who I can read as village/evil. Likely the village will have a bigger influence over the electorate's decisions later in the game and we just need to elect people we can trust. I'll base my decision later on who hasn't been voted yet.

On a side note I will not be voting bram ever, what a dick.

aaronk56 01-16-2007 03:03 PM

Seriously though, I would support anyone below:

chuck
dmk
fnord
iron yuppie
luckay
soah
stephen h
traz
wdcbooks
xorbie
zurvan

Boiler_bd 01-16-2007 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I shouldn't have said this. I apologize bram. I wasn't a big fan of your comment towards me obviously.

*puts foot in mouth*

Stephen H 01-16-2007 03:06 PM

I'm going to Support Clown. He may be a bit of a dark horse candidate, but has been a fantastic villager in the games I've seen him in, and I'd like to keep him eligible for a day 3 or 4 seat. I believe in having a lot of eligible people for voting at any day, and that means some votes need to go on someone other than the top candidates.
There are a bunch of other people who need to get votes, too, like Xorbie, and Soah, but I don't want Clown to fall through the cracks here.

shortline99 01-16-2007 03:06 PM

can i be on the council tomorrow? i should have all the wolves by then.

Stephen H 01-16-2007 03:08 PM

Hm. Seems books already handled the clown vote. Now I can Support Xorbie and go from there.

Thebram 01-16-2007 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I shouldn't have said this. I apologize bram. I wasn't a big fan of your comment towards me obviously.

*puts foot in mouth*

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gunna say, it was a bit harsh [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

*cough*bond*cough*

Iron_Yuppie 01-16-2007 03:10 PM

Current villager list (all slight lean):
valenzuela
clown
luckay
bram
jeremy
spook

Current wolf list (slight lean):

FCBL

support bram

In copying others ideas, I'd also like to vote for as many people as possible in the first two days to give us greater flexibility later.

Unlike some other people, I think it is most important to not have wolves in our electorate: wolf-finding ability will come in a distant second to trustworthiness in my mind.

shortline99 01-16-2007 03:11 PM

also, it seems a lot of people don't respect my wolf finding skillz, so I will point to Pogglesworth and the No Info game as recent examples (and killing the terrorist in BCS Mishmash, but since I was half-like a seer that game I don't necessarily count it). i will only support people for council who share my views this game, which may or may not includue traz atm. when's the deadline?

HerbieGRD 01-16-2007 03:12 PM

I would really like it if some of the "lesser known" poggers would post some more. I would like to get some of the better and more villagery newbies on the council at some point but it is hard to know who to support when you guys don't post [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Iron_Yuppie 01-16-2007 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to Support Clown. He may be a bit of a dark horse candidate, but has been a fantastic villager in the games I've seen him in, and I'd like to keep him eligible for a day 3 or 4 seat. I believe in having a lot of eligible people for voting at any day, and that means some votes need to go on someone other than the top candidates.
There are a bunch of other people who need to get votes, too, like Xorbie, and Soah, but I don't want Clown to fall through the cracks here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best part about clown is, even when he's a wolf he's a great villager.

xorbie 01-16-2007 03:13 PM

if clown or i gets put on the council lets just make sure its together so we dont lynch each other [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

dmk 01-16-2007 03:14 PM

shorty, i figured there'd be enough ppl to stroke you/traz, so i directed my vote to less sticky pastures

btw, wolves so far:

jeremy
xorbie
zurvan

holla

clowntable 01-16-2007 03:16 PM

Ok, my initial post was not thought out.
Voting block should not claim publicly, this will just make seer hunting easier.
The block messager needs to carefully plan his message. It has to include a code which allows each of the 4 players to identify the others as a block member.
That being said wolves might look for the code so make it something that is not out of synch with the general game flow and that doesn't look suspicious if 4 people use it.
(example: 4 people talking about ice cream all of a sudden would be strange)

support traz
support luckay
support books

preliminary wolf watch list:
fmxa

Boiler_bd 01-16-2007 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, it seems a lot of people don't respect my wolf finding skillz, so I will point to Pogglesworth and the No Info game as recent examples (and killing the terrorist in BCS Mishmash, but since I was half-like a seer that game I don't necessarily count it). i will only support people for council who share my views this game, which may or may not includue traz atm. when's the deadline?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure your views will be heard, you dont need to be a voter. Take it as a compliment to your wolf game.

econophile 01-16-2007 03:17 PM

is there anything wrong with making sure everyone receives at least one vote by the end of day 2?

metsandfinsfan 01-16-2007 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Current villager list (all slight lean):
valenzuela
clown
luckay
bram
jeremy
spook

Current wolf list (slight lean):

FCBL

support bram

In copying others ideas, I'd also like to vote for as many people as possible in the first two days to give us greater flexibility later.

Unlike some other people, I think it is most important to not have wolves in our electorate: wolf-finding ability will come in a distant second to trustworthiness in my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree .... early on we need to vote for people who we can trust to vote in our best interests. Obviously anyone who is on the electorate who votes differently than his platform should be voted off the electorate the next day and hopefully voted by the new electorate

9 Wolves still seems like an awful lot .... that gives wolves 9 votes on who to put on the electorate .....

As much as i would like to see some single votes for people just to keep their eligibility, the idea that the wolves can place some single votes for other wolves scares the crap out of me ..... so today it might just be best to place votes on the 3 people we are electing and then reevaluate tomorrow.

Iron_Yuppie 01-16-2007 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I respect your wolf skills way too much to put you on the electorate, until you are seer cleared.

The wolf-finders will still be able to put forward their views on who they think is a wolf, so we are not losing, say, shortline's wolf-finding skills by not putting him on the electorate.

HerbieGRD 01-16-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there anything wrong with making sure everyone receives at least one vote by the end of day 2?

[/ QUOTE ]
I still think that day 4 is by far the more crucial cutoff - being eligible for 2 extra days is not that big a benefit. By day 5 we will have a maximum of 12 eligible council members - selecting those 12 is going to be far more important than keeping everyone eligible through day 4.

shortline99 01-16-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure your views will be heard, you dont need to be a voter. Take it as a compliment to your wolf game.

[/ QUOTE ]
actually, i'm gonna be pretty quiet for most of this game. for some reason.

i'm not sure i trust traz completely this game. i'll decide later today. i don't support anyone yet.

Boiler_bd 01-16-2007 03:21 PM

I definitely want spook as a possibility for election later.

support spook

metsandfinsfan 01-16-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

xorbie 01-16-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely want spook as a possibility for election later.

support spook

[/ QUOTE ]

wolf

clowntable 01-16-2007 03:27 PM

Proposal:
Since it is likely that one of the 3 electorates will be a wolf I suggest that every electorate should prepare his first night post before nightfall and it should include:
- Ranking of the other guys wolfiness/villagerness with reasons
- Selfdefense

At the very least this will force a wolf to post more.

p.s.: books, do you want my returnvote?

wdcbooks 01-16-2007 03:29 PM

I can't support Shorty until I know his suspect list. He will turn into Boss Tweed or Huey Long. I need to know we share the same interests and then I would make him dictator for life.

iron81 01-16-2007 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And it is quite clear to me that there is one candidate here who is more liberal (WRT WW) than any other.

[/ QUOTE ]
<---- [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

econophile 01-16-2007 03:32 PM

i think

traz
herbie
clowntable

would make a good electorate tonight

i'd like to hear who they might send to the capital