Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Step on stars for the sunday million (poll inside) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527015)

CharlieDontSurf 10-27-2007 03:07 PM

Re: Step on stars for the sunday million (poll inside)

I think it would be retarded for PS to create cash STEPS but be opposed to Millions STEPS

LD123 10-27-2007 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If the cash STEPS don't start out at $2 or $3, then I won't be playing on PokerStars anymore. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, it's just that none of the games I can afford to play interest me at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious question - where are you going to play? As a micro-donk, I agree that cash steps starting that low would be awesome, but even without them I think Stars is the best place for a micro-donk to play... (best in terms of low stakes MTT's, SnG's and cash tables).

OT

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to be playing anywhere.

I don't like poker like I used to, so I don't play low stakes and try to grind it out to win. I might play, but I give up and play bad and lose. The money is the only thing that can keep me playing good, but there is no good payouts in low stakes. If I play a $5 multi or something, I know the odds of getting first aren't good and I figure I will get a bad beat 3 hours into the tourney anyway, so I just don't play, or I play crazy and go with any draw.

If I had a bankroll for the $39 sats into the Million or something, then I would play those and try to win and play the Sunday Million every week and not blow the money in my account.

And I don't make enough money to deposit a good amount, so i'm kinda stuck at the bottom.

That's why I wanted these STEPS so bad because it would be the easiest way for me to play in the Million and I would actually try to win even though it's just a $2 tourney. Plus it would be fun.

LD123 10-27-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be retarded for PS to create cash STEPS but be opposed to Millions STEPS

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, with a cash STEP, the top prize might be $2000, but the top prize into the Million is only $215. And they think that a $215 top prize for a STEP doesn't make sense. So cash STEPS would still be better to them.

But maybe they can make a special option in the cash STEPS that lets you unregister at the $215 level only, and play in the Sunday Million instead of continuing on with the cash STEPS. But there will be rules of course. Like you can only unregister from the $215 level in the cash STEPS like twice a week or something.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Bidz 10-27-2007 03:15 PM

I find it remarkably strange that ANY business would ever turn down a bunch of customers who are absolutely begging to help increase their profitability with minimal effort.

Just odd.

Ontario_Tory 10-27-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it remarkably strange that ANY business would ever turn down a bunch of customers who are absolutely begging to help increase their profitability with minimal effort.

Just odd.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a bit of an assumption.

It's possible that they've crunched the numbers, and figured the increase in step participation may decrease the other sats, and the others are more profitable for them.

(not saying that's the case, or what I believe, just saying that without crunching the numbers, we have no way of knowing if it's a +EV move for stars)

OT

Bidz 10-27-2007 03:28 PM

IMO they would obtain/retain more customers for the long haul. I think it's a bad decision that they may eventually reconsider in the future. Just my opinion. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

CharlieDontSurf 10-27-2007 03:44 PM

I PMed looking for a bit more in depth version of PS's reasoning and essentially their view is "you have plenty of satellite options that are just fine, go play those"

Essentially they aren't making millions STEPS no matter how great the demand. Doubt continuing to post in this thread will have any impact.

Bidz 10-27-2007 03:48 PM

Hooray, double shoutouts.

:|

HandCracker 10-28-2007 12:18 AM

man oh man do i miss those partpoker steps.
but steps to the million would be genius.

sublyme 10-28-2007 04:15 PM

Put me in the camp for steps to the sunday million

LD123 10-28-2007 10:17 PM

There's a thread there too.

http://www.pocketfives.com/24C72994-...DE3950ED0.aspx

CharlieDontSurf 10-29-2007 02:41 PM

The annoying thing is they don't even need to create new Sunday Millions STEPS if they don't want more clutter or player only playing to cash out the T$.

Just allow players to enter the Millions/2nd Chance/215+R with STEP 4 tickets. Then they know players are either buying into a STEP 5 for APPT/PCA/WSOP/ET or they are buying into the Millions/2nd Chance.

LD123 10-29-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The annoying thing is they don't even need to create new Sunday Millions STEPS if they don't want more clutter or player only playing to cash out the T$.

Just allow players to enter the Millions/2nd Chance/215+R with STEP 4 tickets. Then they know players are either buying into a STEP 5 for APPT/PCA/WSOP/ET or they are buying into the Millions/2nd Chance.

[/ QUOTE ] Yea, I said they should do this with cash STEPS (when they come out), but maybe it would be better with the PCA APPT STEPS?

Letting us unregister at the $215 level to play in the Million is something Stars should think about.

Would this option be likely to happen Bryan?

MJBuddy 10-29-2007 02:59 PM

As much as I like that idea, it would have a problem flying because then step 6s would never fill up.

CharlieDontSurf 10-29-2007 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Yea, I said they should do this with cash STEPS (when they come out), but maybe it would be better with the PCA APPT STEPS?

Letting us unregister at the $215 level to play in the Million is something Stars should think about.

Would this option be likely to happen Bryan?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no need to unregister. you win a ticket...your not entered into the tourney.

MJ, plenty of people want to go to the PCA and or win $1000/$1500..many can't play or don't want to play the Millions. Also I would assume a lot of people would simply win multiple Step 4 tickets and use those both for the $215 MTTs and STEP 5(APPT/PCA/WSOP/etc.

This would keep the STEPS going both during the major 10k events and after. But I'd say there is less than a 1% chance Stars would ever do this.

LD123 10-29-2007 03:46 PM

Then this option will have to be used in the cash STEPS.

CharlieDontSurf 10-29-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the cash STEPS 6 months from now lol

LD123 10-29-2007 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the cash STEPS 6 months from now lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Bryan, would you mind telling us a date when we can expect cash STEPS?

Nichlemn 10-30-2007 02:36 AM

Shootouts: Steps that are much less convenient.

You could simulate a double shootout by having winner-take-all STT satellites that satellite into a Round 2 with ticket-only buy-ins. So much more flexible, only minor loss to the integrity of a DS, why not?

I dislike any tournament with more than one winner, it messes with decisions somewhat when there's no incentive for one person to acquire all the chips. Say... 6 max steps?

1st: Next step
2nd: Same step
3rd: Same step
4th: Previous step

Keeps more people in the status quo, which seems more "aesthetically pleasing", being more likely to stay put than go up or down. Downside is payoff for 1st place is similar to regular 6 max win, making it a bit harder to differentiate.

Crazy 2 table (6 max) with each step 2x the value of the next:

1st: +2 steps
2nd: +1 step
3rd: +1 step
4th: Replay
5th: Replay
6th: -1 step
7th: -1 step
8th: -2 steps

Assuming average fee of a bit under 7.5%, but with so many small jumps the fee should probably be less, allowing for extra payouts. Obviously at the first two and last two levels it would need to be altered somewhat.

srcartman 10-30-2007 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shootouts: Steps that are much less convenient.

You could simulate a double shootout by having winner-take-all STT satellites that satellite into a Round 2 with ticket-only buy-ins. So much more flexible, only minor loss to the integrity of a DS, why not?

I dislike any tournament with more than one winner, it messes with decisions somewhat when there's no incentive for one person to acquire all the chips. Say... 6 max steps?

1st: Next step
2nd: Same step
3rd: Same step
4th: Previous step

Keeps more people in the status quo, which seems more "aesthetically pleasing", being more likely to stay put than go up or down. Downside is payoff for 1st place is similar to regular 6 max win, making it a bit harder to differentiate.

Crazy 2 table (6 max) with each step 2x the value of the next:

1st: +2 steps
2nd: +1 step
3rd: +1 step
4th: Replay
5th: Replay
6th: -1 step
7th: -1 step
8th: -2 steps

Assuming average fee of a bit under 7.5%, but with so many small jumps the fee should probably be less, allowing for extra payouts. Obviously at the first two and last two levels it would need to be altered somewhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lost me here...

any sort of step format for cash (and sunday million) would be fun. I think mainly cause it would freshen things up a bit. Pokerstars really hasn't mixed it up or introduced many new things in awhile, it's for the most part been the same stuff (and same EXACT MTT schedule that features few $5-$10 options, but that's a different topic). Once or twice a year it's good to have a new format or some new feature to get excited about.

Just my thought