Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   What is the status on what is allowed in location fields? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556259)

TheMetetron 11-28-2007 11:37 AM

Re: What is the status on what is allowed in location fields?

[ QUOTE ]
just by using simple logic it's pretty clear that it wouldn't be ok. just ask yourself a few key questions:

1) why is "coaching!! PM me!!" not allowed in location field?

answer: 2+2 has decided that is = free advertising and they don't allow it

2) is the avatar conveying the same message as "coaching! PM me!!" in the location field?

answer: yes, even more so actually

therefore the avatar is not allowed

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be pretty obvious I was joking. Apparently it wasn't.

MC Chris 11-28-2007 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just by using simple logic it's pretty clear that it wouldn't be ok. just ask yourself a few key questions:

1) why is "coaching!! PM me!!" not allowed in location field?

answer: 2+2 has decided that is = free advertising and they don't allow it

2) is the avatar conveying the same message as "coaching! PM me!!" in the location field?

answer: yes, even more so actually

therefore the avatar is not allowed

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be pretty obvious I was joking. Apparently it wasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, it wasn't obvious.

TheWorstPlayer 11-28-2007 11:40 AM

racist. ban.

Taylor Caby 11-28-2007 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks durron, that makes more sense than any other reason given. Are things like LeggoPoker and Cardrunners in avatars/locations still okay then?

[/ QUOTE ]

OFFICIAL MOD FORUM PERSPECTIVE

this is actually a current hot topic of debate, and no final decision has been made yet

[ QUOTE ]

I see how these rules can get confusing fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey just an FYI.

I believe there was one CR avatar up from one of our tech guys. I've told him to take it down so I believe we should be in compliance with the rules (that may or may not exist [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

I do agree that something should be done about the amount of spamming done by coaches/training sites. People always point to CardRunners about this stuff, but we have always tried to avoid using avatars, loc:, and anything else to spam our product. People tend to confuse us with spammers because there is a lot of legitimate discussion about our site and the people involved (blogs, videos, etc.) We do pay for ads on 2p2, fwiw.

tc

durron597 11-28-2007 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I do agree that something should be done about the amount of spamming done by coaches/training sites. People always point to CardRunners about this stuff, but we have always tried to avoid using avatars, loc:, and anything else to spam our product. People tend to confuse us with spammers because there is a lot of legitimate discussion about our site and the people involved (blogs, videos, etc.) We do pay for ads on 2p2, fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

when I said that I was referring more to LeggoPoker and not really CardRunners, sorry, I should have made that clear.

iron81 11-28-2007 12:39 PM

The word has come down: LegoPoker avatars are toast.

Also, I notice that Durron is approaching Post 30k. I know POG posts are rubles, but there are a lot of real posts in there too.

XXXNoahXXX 11-28-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The word has come down: LegoPoker avatars are toast.

Also, I notice that Durron is approaching Post 30k. I know POG posts are rubles, but there are a lot of real posts in there too.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://cdbaby.name/j/a/jakespeed3.jpg

Thoughts on instituting a LeggoRoll to replace the Rickroll? Problematic?

*TT* 11-28-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

pvn,

I would use this in a second as a joke if I didn't think it'd get me banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

this type of infraction shouldn't be a ban, it should be changed back and a PM should be sent to you explaining why. Moderators are here to help guide users first, punish users last. If however you (or any other user) continued to break the rule then its ban worthy.

TheMetetron 11-28-2007 01:20 PM

TT,

I think the problem is most mods don't PM people when they do stuff like that. If they did, this thread probably wouldn't have been created.

eviljeff 11-28-2007 01:27 PM

Metetron, are you coaching again these days?