Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   **Official Greatest NES Game of All-Time** Elite Eight (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553122)

JuntMonkey 11-24-2007 08:45 PM

Re: **Official Greatest NES Game of All-Time** Elite Eight

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
after tecmo is eliminated this round, im gonna be so depressed that i think i am done participating

[/ QUOTE ]

qft, I don't see how the mario series deserves more than 1 entry at this stage of the competition

also wtf mike tyson's punchout pwns, didn't you guys play that game??

[/ QUOTE ]

IT'S SEEDING YOU STUPID [censored] MORANS. EVEN WITHOUT BRACKETS, MARIO 1 AND 3 ARE INDISPUTABLY IN THE TOP 8 NES GAMES. YES MIKE TYSON'S PUNCHOUT IS PHENOMENAL AND ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER, BUT IT'S UP AGAINST SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 WHICH IS EVEN BETTER.

Gobias Ind. 11-24-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
after tecmo is eliminated this round, im gonna be so depressed that i think i am done participating

[/ QUOTE ]

qft, I don't see how the mario series deserves more than 1 entry at this stage of the competition

[/ QUOTE ]

IT'S SEEDING YOU STUPID [censored] MORANS. EVEN WITHOUT BRACKETS, MARIO 1 AND 3 ARE INDISPUTABLY IN THE TOP 8 NES GAMES. YES MIKE TYSON'S PUNCHOUT IS PHENOMENAL AND ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER, BUT IT'S UP AGAINST SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 WHICH IS EVEN BETTER.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're at a 10. I need you at about a 2.

Jzo19 11-24-2007 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

punchout is great but it cant be compared with SMB 3 rly

Jack of Arcades 11-25-2007 12:07 AM

tecmo super bowl is pretty fun but jesus christ it gets old quickly.

mbillie1 11-25-2007 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right, I understand the concept of seeding. what I don't understand is why people are voting for both marios instead of picking the better one and then letting the other one die.

and btw you're wrong, punchout >>>>>> smb3

metsandfinsfan 11-25-2007 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we used to play seasons of it
is saved stats on a frickin cartridge how awesome is that

We did 8 teams -- NFC East and AFC central so we played 10 games against a human opponent and 6 against a computer.

It was sweet. It was simple. It was awesome

JuntMonkey 11-25-2007 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right, I understand the concept of seeding. what I don't understand is why people are voting for both marios instead of picking the better one and then letting the other one die.

and btw you're wrong, punchout >>>>>> smb3

[/ QUOTE ]

Each vote is a completely independent event and you have to weigh the two games that are head-to-head on their own merits, not with some complicated meta-bracket thing. If any intelligent group of gamers got together and made a "Best NES Games" list, both Mario 1 and Mario 3 would be in at least the top 5, so I don't see a problem.

Jack of Arcades 11-25-2007 12:48 AM

Birdo [censored] owns in Strikers Charged, SMB2 gets the win.

Assani Fisher 11-25-2007 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

playing against the computer, I agree simply because its too easy. But playing against a friend it has great replay value imo.

bitch moan count

JuntMonkey 11-25-2007 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Birdo [censored] owns in Strikers Charged, SMB2 gets the win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realized how amazing Birdo is (in general, not just in Strikers) when I was reminded the other day that in the SMB2 instruction manual it says that Birdo is a guy who thinks he's a girl and therefore wears a bow and spits eggs. Nintendo has been trying to cover it up ever since, but he's definitely a tranny. It's great.