Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   WTF! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552958)

Clever Nickname 11-23-2007 08:27 PM

Re: WTF!

I might just call pf given that UTG is a nit. As played, I'm calling, I think the button generally would have 3-bet a higher PP pf.

the machine 11-23-2007 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably fold. I don't like playing for a stack with 1010 regardless of what this guy could have.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you fold TT preflop for 100 BBs when the guy plays 100/100/inf then i will cry.

but on a more real note there are plenty of reasons why you need to play for stacks with TT from time to time, ie range.

sh58 11-23-2007 08:52 PM

fwiw the UTG raiser raises things like 77 UTG which we crush and other things that we flip with, we are well ahead of his range. there is soooo much dead money in the pot, and the chance of someone having a hand is very remote imo, and i don't like the prospect of playing 5 way with a vulnerable hand like TT. i prefer to push my equity PF

sh58 11-23-2007 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He has QQ everytime aahahahahahhahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

[/ QUOTE ]

how did you know. omg soulreader

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he really?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah somehow he showed up with QQ. these plays just bewilder me completely. overcalling with a hand like that is pretty odd

BCage 11-23-2007 08:57 PM

I have actually done this once or twice when I had an aggressive opponent behind me who loved to squeeze. Thought it was a pretty good move at the time as he did indeed squeeze me and folded to a push.

In fact I think I had QQ too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Paul Thomson 11-23-2007 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he really?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah somehow he showed up with QQ. these plays just bewilder me completely. overcalling with a hand like that is pretty odd

[/ QUOTE ]

by "odd" do u mean retarded?

BGnight 11-23-2007 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he really?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

by "odd" do u mean retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

In this hand it is retarded, but I think there is merit for this move w/ AA,KK vs ONE player if the blinds have squeezers in them.

BigPoppa 11-23-2007 09:31 PM

QQ is about the worst hand to do this with, as you're usually not going to get squeezed and you won't like a lot of flops.

AA/AKs makes a lot more sense, but I'd still only do it with very aggressive players in the blinds.

BCage 11-23-2007 10:12 PM

I found the hand.. I had KK. Not QQ.

I had a reliable read. One short stack player raised in MP, I called in the CO with KK and was about 75% sure the B would squeeze in that position. He did, the short stack called with 88 and I pushed.

If someone has squeezing almost as a default play, I fail to see how this would be bad even with JJ or QQ.

bilbo-san 11-23-2007 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found the hand.. I had KK. Not QQ.

I had a reliable read. One short stack player raised in MP, I called in the CO with KK and was about 75% sure the B would squeeze in that position. He did, the short stack called with 88 and I pushed.

If someone has squeezing almost as a default play, I fail to see how this would be bad even with JJ or QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I flat from the button a lot with QQ+. It's not a bad option to mix in, especially if you flat with a lot of speculative hands as well and blinds are 3-betting more than just premiums.

If you're the type who 3-bets in position a lot, though, it's pretty terrible.