Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   trip report: made OPs in both Politics and Sporting Events forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550748)

Triumph36 11-20-2007 05:26 PM

Re: trip report: made OPs in both Politics and Sporting Events forums

boro -

sorry but politics sucks. occasionally i misclick into that forum and it is the same 20 people it was when i stopped reading/posting in 05. i'm much more of an ACer thanks to it, but being an ACer is like being a Jew without the funny hats - you wait for relevation that's never coming, and in the meantime you get to be miserable

Quanah Parker 11-20-2007 05:26 PM

The folks who constantly argue politics are usually the same ones who are way too uptight to actually discuss the fun, mysteries, and joy of sex and sexuality.

Boobies!!!

mbillie1 11-20-2007 05:26 PM

dude with all due respect stop turning this into a politics thread. I was bitching about those things I mentioned and the perpetual "ACism" discussion.

with respect to the cancer argument / idealism - the 1700s called, they want their ideas back.

Borodog 11-20-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
boro -

sorry but politics sucks. occasionally i misclick into that forum and it is the same 20 people it was when i stopped reading/posting in 05. i'm much more of an ACer thanks to it, but being an ACer is like being a Jew without the funny hats - you wait for relevation that's never coming, and in the meantime you get to be miserable

[/ QUOTE ]

Conceded.

slothinator 11-20-2007 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so i guess someone slipped LSD into my soda

[/ QUOTE ]

Just an FYI, inhaling nitrus under the influence of LSD will not mellow you out. It will make everything MUCH more intense and you will wish you had not done this .

Now, the choice is yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog 11-20-2007 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with respect to the cancer argument / idealism - the 1700s called, they want their ideas back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Purple monkey dishwasher?

Borodog 11-20-2007 05:28 PM

mbillie,

In case it is not obvious, I am just [censored] with you. This is what I do.

RivaLiva 11-20-2007 05:29 PM

Both are very similar.

Politics - Nobody will agree on anything other than what side of the fence they are on.
Sports - Nobody will agree on anything other than what team they like.

mbillie1 11-20-2007 05:29 PM

I'm not going to get into a detailed discussion of the downfalls of philosophical idealism. Try reading oh, I dunno, Nietzsche, Husserl, Levinas, Wittgenstein, Merleau-Ponty, really anyone who wrote after Kant.

rubbrband 11-20-2007 05:30 PM

Both politics and sporting events could be cool forums if it wasn't for all the nits. As is they kinda suck, so I guess I agree with the op.