Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Distinctions between Millionaires and the Middle Class (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544646)

stephenNUTS 11-13-2007 05:42 PM

Re: Distinctions between Millionaires and the Middle Class

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
while also striving to help those less fortunate

[/ QUOTE ]

Curious of how the book argues that helping those less fortunate helps someone achieve wealth?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because after you spend the $19.99 for the book....the author is that much closure to achieving that goal [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

But all kidding aside,monetary success alone is not the end all be all IMO.Once you reach a certain level of financial security....other things in life DO become more meaningful.

I know MANY wealthy individuals who feel just as much "success" in giving some back....just as gratifying as that previous climb towards success

You have to get their first to understand I guess

SF [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Henry17 11-13-2007 05:43 PM

An abundance of what? goodwill?

Mark1808 11-13-2007 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An abundance of what? goodwill?

[/ QUOTE ]

An abundance of wealth. Succesful people believe they can always create more wealth and giving some away does not mean they will have less.

Henry17 11-13-2007 06:37 PM

Unless the act of giving in some way facilitates making more (a connection I don't see) then yes it does mean they will have less.

Mark1808 11-14-2007 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless the act of giving in some way facilitates making more (a connection I don't see) then yes it does mean they will have less.

[/ QUOTE ]

The attitude of giving creates a mind set of abundance. Those that fear that they can't create or produce more in the future have a tough time giving up anything they have. One's attitude has a great bearing on success.

Henry17 11-14-2007 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The attitude of giving creates a mind set of abundance. Those that fear that they can't create or produce more in the future have a tough time giving up anything they have. One's attitude has a great bearing on success.

[/ QUOTE ]

I partially agree with this. I just don't see why I'd give stuff to others. I can create the same feeling of abundance by just having a very high burn rate.

Rotating Rabbit 11-14-2007 09:33 AM

Here's two perhaps less obvious ones:

Millionaires got lucky financially (most likely a good start)
Families of millionaires are less happy

xxThe_Lebowskixx 11-14-2007 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Millionaires are too busy working for nonsense like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZING! WRONG!

www.fourhourworkweek.com

Book sounds great

[/ QUOTE ]
Millionaires write books called "The Four Hour Work Week" and the middle class buys them.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 11-14-2007 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my experience (reasonable sample size), the extremely wealthy are incredibly unhappy souls.

The middle class seems downright gleeful by comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]
say what?