Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   assassin's Creed (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544464)

vulturesrow 11-13-2007 04:10 PM

Re: assassin\'s Creed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any game about an assasin or a ninja is always overhyped by video game dorks because the find those two character types so cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

So that means you'll be buying it asap I assume? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]you should know that my Halo Style is one of a bruiser. I don't pussyfoot around!

[/ QUOTE ]

I just was pointing out that you are a huge dork who likes ninjas and assassins. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MrBlue 11-13-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh okay. More reviews are coming.

IGN video review: one of the top 5 most disappointing games of all time

[/ QUOTE ]

I just watched this and the review is pretty harsh.

Paraphrasing

"... this is a game you may want to rent for a weekend. You'll only want to play once and may not even want to finish it."

I was really looking forward to this game since last year, but will probably pass and just pick up COD4 and Rock Band.

vulturesrow 11-13-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh okay. More reviews are coming.

IGN video review: one of the top 5 most disappointing games of all time

[/ QUOTE ]

I just watched this and the review is pretty harsh.

Paraphrasing

"... this is a game you may want to rent for a weekend. You'll only want to play once and may not even want to finish it."

I was really looking forward to this game since last year, but will probably pass and just pick up COD4 and Rock Band.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont forget Mass Effect!

AceLuby 11-13-2007 04:23 PM

I think I need to check this out for myself. Personally I loved Prince of Persia, and the similarities look good IMO. The three PS3 reviews I read (Yahoo games, Game Informer Online, and Games Radar) had it at 4.5/5 or better. The 360 reviews have been more mixed from a 5/5 at gamepro, to the mid 7's low 8's posted above. Definitely think this is going to be more of a niche game than previously thought. Probably going to buy it still...

AceLuby 11-13-2007 04:26 PM

Has anyone here even played it yet?

Dire 11-13-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I need to check this out for myself. Personally I loved Prince of Persia, and the similarities look good IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'free running' has been compared to Crackdown's open style much more than the puzzle based style free running of Prince of Persia. A plus or minus depending on how you look at it.

AceLuby 11-13-2007 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I need to check this out for myself. Personally I loved Prince of Persia, and the similarities look good IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'free running' has been compared to Crackdown's open style much more than the puzzle based style free running of Prince of Persia. A plus or minus depending on how you look at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That being said, and the fact that this is being compared heavily to Crackdown, I think I will enjoy this game more since I never got a chance to get my hands on Crackdown.

ThaSaltCracka 11-13-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any game about an assasin or a ninja is always overhyped by video game dorks because the find those two character types so cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

So that means you'll be buying it asap I assume? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]you should know that my Halo Style is one of a bruiser. I don't pussyfoot around!

[/ QUOTE ]

I just was pointing out that you are a huge dork who likes ninjas and assassins. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]naw man, that ain't me. I like Aliens, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, and various other creatures from Imaginationland.

BTW, COD4 rules and I am sure Mass Effect will as well. I don't see any reason to buy this game.

Corpsebean 11-13-2007 06:40 PM

God I can't believe this is getting lame reviews. I thought this was surefire hotness.

kabouter 11-13-2007 07:20 PM

Just played it, and I kind of like it so far. If I had to rank CoD4, AC and Mass effect it would be like this though:

1. Mass Effect (I don't really know what to do yet but from what I've played so far this game is a hit)
2. CoD 4
3. Assassin's Creed, couple of bugs, and simply feels a bit rushed.