Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Absolute-Mason Took My Muzzle Off (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544134)

11-12-2007 07:15 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

ASPoker8 11-12-2007 07:22 AM

Re: Absolute-Mason Took My Muzzle Off

This thread as a whole is terrible and should probably be pretty embarassing for David

apefish 11-12-2007 07:27 AM

I eagerly await further spinsinuation and spinnuendo in this theard.

cliffnotes of thread:

--DS: hayyyyyy guys sup! lol at that Absolute Poker stuff amirite?

--thread: Gary Gnu was so [censored] wrong.

PokerAmateur4 11-12-2007 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.the-isb.com/images/UnifiedBitchTheory2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ][img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Dr. Dre's "Bitches Ain't [censored]":

"Bitches ain't [censored] but hoes and tricks"

This would indicate that the set of Bitches is completely composed of hoes and/or tricks.

Anyway back to the issue at hand. I've been studying this issue extensively and I'm pretty sure the Fundamental theorem of poker has serious implications in proving whether these guys were cheating or not. I'll get back to you when I've got some results.

davmcg 11-12-2007 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
David,

The last thing that I heard was that AJ Green was cheating via a backend access tool called Servman.

gTg

[/ QUOTE ]

You are taking a big risk well you call a superhero like Servman a "tool".

Daddy Warbucks 11-12-2007 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason Took My Muzzle Off

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this, and i can't help but think of Arrested Development, when Michael makes Tobias record his conversations because he keeps making inadvertent sexual innuendo.

ChrisV 11-12-2007 08:29 AM

David there are a few innacuracies in your post:

- The IP of the observer belonged to Scott Tom (former owner of AP) while at least one of the cheating accounts belonged to his friend AJ Green. The "consultant" AP is referring to is Green. It is extremely probable both were involved.

- The excel file with the additional hand histories, etc, wasn't uncovered until a lot of other evidence had been gone over, multiple denials from AP, etc.

- The initial denials from AP were reportedly issued by one or more of the cheaters, so whether AP showed data to their "engineers" is moot.

Also:

[ QUOTE ]
6. The play of the winner made it so outlandishly obvious that he could see cards that one would think that he was hoping to get caught. Perhaps to discredit AP, perhaps for other reasons. If that wasn't the case, the guy had to be either an idiot or high on something. Because if he was just a poker cheat, he stood to win millions if he was less obvious about knowing the hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you are making the assumption that the cheater(s) weren't on a clock. It's possible they knew their exploitation of the security hole would be quickly discovered and/or blocked.

SneakyFerret 11-12-2007 08:41 AM

Needing Sklansky to talk about this = Needing Ja Rule to talk about 9/11

Astyanax 11-12-2007 08:53 AM

David, if you could see everyone's hole cards, how much of your roll would you commit to one game of 100/200 unlimited holdthems?

Many thanks, a nit.

Cruzincat 11-12-2007 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I am now allowed to make some observations. But before I do, I would like to make sure I have my facts straight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sklansky goes on to re-hash everything he and everyone else that has been following this scandal has observed on 2+2. When someone important says the have some observations to make, usually they have something new to add. The only thing he adds here is his voice. So far this is a wasted thread.