Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Ethicality of High Stakes HU - DaEvila (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543710)

curtains 11-11-2007 05:04 PM

Re: Ethicality of High Stakes HU - DaEvila

Honestly, I think that in poker, I'd prefer to play a headsup match against 3 people of equal strength colluding, than one player.

This is very pronounced in blitz chess, when working together with 2-3 people, assuming all are relatively equal strength, generally produces worse results than just playing normally because all the differing viewpoints can be really distracting. At least this has always been my experience.

Whenever I have played poker with someone watching me, it drives me completely insane when they try to give advice that's contrary to what I'm about to do. It's simply impossible to focus when you only have so much time to make a decision.

ryanaw 11-11-2007 05:11 PM

Watched tie53 against prah last night an didnt THINK he was that bad makinmg some good plays an at times had very big stacks didnt watch the end so not sure how he finished up!

Stinger you have played him is he really tht much of a fish that every1 wants to play him? I thought he kinda held his own HU with prah.

cts 11-11-2007 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did CTS team up too?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? show some restraint before randomly bringing someone else's name out to try to drag through the mud

bottomset 11-11-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did CTS team up too?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? show some restraint before randomly bringing someone else's name out to try to drag through the mud

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah serious douchebag comments by steel there

FTheFish 11-11-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did CTS team up too?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he didnt mean anything against you. I know that you didn't/don't, but I'm sure KRANTZ and whitelime teamed up over the summer as well.

truthadair1 11-11-2007 05:25 PM

it is the online corporation . that is what was done to play andy beal . wish i could get a piece

craigthedeac 11-11-2007 05:30 PM

part of online poker imo

while it might be morally questionable, it's not enforceable so the only alternative as i see it is to allow it

Tito Jackson 11-11-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that having somebody help you play is unethical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it only goes against A BASIC FUNDAMENTAL RULE OF POKER.

Thrahl 11-11-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it is the online corporation . that is what was done to play andy beal . wish i could get a piece

[/ QUOTE ]

Difference being, Beal was aware of it and agreed to it before hand. He knew exactly who he was playing. At no point was he playing more than one person simultaneously.

You think Beal would ever agree to a match where Ivey,Barry G. and Doyle were collectively playing every hand against him?

OneTimeAce 11-11-2007 05:38 PM

Re: Ethicality of High Stakes HU - DaEvila *DELETED*

Post deleted by OneTimeAce