Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Winning in Tough Hold 'em Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542786)

disjunction 11-11-2007 01:26 PM

Re: Winning in Tough Hold \'em Games

[ QUOTE ]
There are plenty of games with one fish which are otherwise tough, if you can't handle the game when the fish folds it will often wipe out any edge you have because of the fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is it. Or even more than one fish, when you find yourself in a hand against a tough player it doesn't matter how good the "game" is.

Maybe a more accurate title would be "Playing Well in Steal Situations Against Tough Players, Which Usually Implies That The Flop Is Heads Up". I'd like to see a cover design contest for that one.

daveT 11-11-2007 02:36 PM

If amulet has a higher wr than stox, then he would naturally disagree with some of the concepts in the book.

MicroBob 11-11-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are plenty of games with one fish which are otherwise tough, if you can't handle the game when the fish folds it will often wipe out any edge you have because of the fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is it. Or even more than one fish, when you find yourself in a hand against a tough player it doesn't matter how good the "game" is.

Maybe a more accurate title would be "Playing Well in Steal Situations Against Tough Players, Which Usually Implies That The Flop Is Heads Up". I'd like to see a cover design contest for that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

We could call it PWISSATPWUITTFIHU for short.

Change the title to "If The Flop Is Short-Handed" and you get the acronym IFISH

dirty banana2007 11-11-2007 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We could call it PWISSATPWUITTFIHU for short.

Change the title to "If The Flop Is Short-Handed" and you get the acronym IFISH

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

daveT 11-11-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Change the title to "If The Flop Is Short-Handed" and you get the acronym iFISH

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome.

Nate. 11-11-2007 06:32 PM

amulet--

I'd absolutely love to hear what you agreed and disagreed with in WTHG, which I think is the ne plus ultra of limit hold'em literature and in the top tier of poker literature. Which is of course not to say that it's perfect.

Like you, I'd like to hear what Mason has to say about it, but it seems probable that he's not going to be very specific, and anyway that particular interest of mine is more observational than anything else.

All my best,

--Nate

Blue Lagoon 11-11-2007 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Further they show a data pool from a mid-limt full ring grinder who after 430K worth of hands is up a little less than 12K while playing at levels as high as $1/2. That's a very bleak picture of the possibilities in today's limit hold 'em. Assuming he's holding the 1000BB bankroll (or $200K) described as being needed to ply $1/$2, this player could've made about as much in interest from a money market account as he did playing 430K hands of limit hold 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

+Rakeback +Bonuses that are easier to clear in Limit and it's still $$$ in your pocket.

$1/$2 is a stake to avoid imho: Bad "rake + nb of good players" to "rakeback+bonus" ratio. (could depends on the site obviously)

Blue Lagoon 11-11-2007 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I consider WITHG to be the second best limit hold'em book ever written (behind SSH) and the gap between it and the third best is quite large.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for the same game.

But,

I think WITHG is just way ahead.

DrSavage 11-11-2007 06:47 PM

I think the book is pretty bad fwiw.

Blue Lagoon 11-11-2007 06:50 PM

wow, ok.