Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   What happen to PokerStars? Massive Fish invasion? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542347)

phydaux 11-16-2007 10:33 AM

Re: What happen to PokerStars? Massive Fish invasion?

[ QUOTE ]
It seems completely backwards to ask your opponents for advice..
but I'd really appreciate some criticism if you've played with me.
stars - amcdonald

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to NL cash. The pool is big, the water is warm and the fish are biting.

I don't remember seeing you at any of my 25NL tables, but I'll check my database when I get home.

Dr_Jeckyl_00 11-16-2007 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just pulled in 5 buy-ins in 1000 hands. There I was hoping I'd taken my game forward to a whole new level. Damn!

(Still, it was pretty obvious. I'm running at 10PTBB/100 12 tabling so far this month! The crap people have been calling with has been *amazing*.)

Whatever the cause, long may it continue!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am fairly new to cash, playing regularly for last 3 months, but I seriously thought I was just getting better too [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

TwoNitty 11-16-2007 11:32 AM

This sucks. This is my first month in 2yrs that I am not winning, and you guys are all bragging about how easy the tables are.

halpgr 11-16-2007 12:35 PM

It's not a big surprise. In the last month or so during prime time weeknights the lobby is always showing over 100,000 players, sometimes upwards of 120. A few months ago it was around 80-90 K during prime time. So there seems to be around 25 K new players from somewhere.

My theory is that new players as a group tend to be worse than existing players as a group so adding around 30% new players has made it easier for the existing players. At least until the new players bust or adapt and start playing better. Let's hope the number of players continues to increase.

random50 11-16-2007 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This sucks. This is my first month in 2yrs that I am not winning, and you guys are all bragging about how easy the tables are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Been overestimating them and folding too much?

I'm only half joking here...I've been making much looser calls this month, originally because I moved up to 12-tabling and had less decision time, then deliberately because I was so often winning the showdown!

toymach776 11-16-2007 02:59 PM

lol instantcheckaments!

phydaux 11-16-2007 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems completely backwards to ask your opponents for advice..
but I'd really appreciate some criticism if you've played with me.
stars - amcdonald

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to NL cash. The pool is big, the water is warm and the fish are biting.

I don't remember seeing you at any of my 25NL tables, but I'll check my database when I get home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, checked my database and I guess I haven't played a session with you. I'll keep my eyes open for you.

phy